German FreeBASIC portal

For other topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
Sebastian

German FreeBASIC portal

Postby Sebastian » Aug 25, 2007 21:32

Hi,

I'd like to advise you of a relatively new FreeBasic related website maintained by some guys of the German FreeBasic community: FreeBASIC-Portal.de The project has been released in June 2007. The team's aim is to provide a reliable information source for FreeBasic programmers speaking German. The website contains tutorials, downloads, ... and the German translation of the FreeBasic manual:

Some time ago the German FreeBasic manual moved to that website. The old manual system which was difficult to maintain was replaced by a new database system. An online version and an offline version of the manual has been being available since that time: http://referenz.freebasic-portal.de A new offline version (chm file) is generated out of the database of the online version automatically every day. By the way, I think it would be nice to have something like that for the English manual, too. :-) Unfortunately, the complete website is German. So this information is interesting for the German speaking board members basically but even if you don't know any German it might be interesting to have a look at it. ;-)

Furtherly, there is a NoPaste system which allows you to paste a code at the website by pressing a keyboard hot key (e.g. CTRL+SHIFT+N). It's called "fb:porticula" and requires a free user account. You need to install the client software (freeware, available for Windows) and execute the installation wizard. Although it's in German it should be possible to use it because its interface can be used quite intuitively. ;-) If there's any interest in that software we could develop an English version, too. :-)

Regards,
Sebastian
v1ctor
Site Admin

Postby v1ctor » Aug 26, 2007 18:02

It seems very complete, congrats. Too bad i don't speak german, i always have the impression that there is more information about FB written in German than in English, amazing.

I added a link to it (in the Links page).
Lachie Dazdarian

Postby Lachie Dazdarian » Aug 26, 2007 18:13

Same here.

I do like the logo of that Austrian Qbasic/FreeBASIC forum more than "ours", of course, without the QBasic part. :P

Sebastian

Postby Sebastian » Aug 27, 2007 17:53

Thanks! :-)

@Lachie Dazdarian: It's not only the Austrian QB/FB forum but also the message board for all QB/FB programmers who speak German (QB/FB programmers from Austria, Germany and Switzerland mainly). So we are a supra-regional community, too. :-)

Return to “Community Discussion”