Kart game... Demo[patch] update.

User contributed sources that have become inactive, deprecated, or generally unusable. But ... we don't really want to throw them away either.
Jocke The Beast

Post by Jocke The Beast »

Yiiihaa! A demo? Yiiihaaa!! :)
Frank Dodd

Post by Frank Dodd »

Very nice work on the DR_D it looks like a great fun little racer!
Voltage

Post by Voltage »

Very cool. I've been looking forward to you guys releasing this engine to the world. :-)

Looks like a lot of work has gone into the engine, multitexturing, partilcle, physics engine etc... no small task. Very impressive.

If you need a tester, I'm your man. ME I TELL YOU. ME!
dontmailme

Post by dontmailme »

Very nice :)

Can't wait to see the demo and how you are using Physics :)
badmrbox

Post by badmrbox »

The demo is going to be a sure download for me. I like racing games ;)
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

I captured some video of the game engine. I took out some things to try and boost the FPS, but I guess you can't really do much to boost it while you're capturing video. Oh well. Here's the video anyway. I just want to keep people interested and let everyone know that we are dedicated to the project. ;)

Kart video
v1ctor
Site Admin

Post by v1ctor »

It looks so great, gimme a demo damnit :P.

Did you add that "@#$%!" balloon in a post-production or is that in game? Really cool effect.
Stormy

Post by Stormy »

That is AWESOME ! :D Great job ! keep working on!!
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

Ya... That cursing balloon is in the game. I really want to get some shadows working before we release a demo. There is a $%#@ of polygons in there already, so shadow-volume is definetly out. Using a depth texture shadow is more realistic, but I'm having trouble making it work right. Hopefully, when Rel gets back from the boondocks, he will be able to spot what I'm doing wrong. Thanks guys! :)
Zamaster

Post by Zamaster »

Man! Rough times for the fellow who got bowled over. Lookin great! I liked the metal material on the roll cage for the karts.
joseywales72

Post by joseywales72 »

Congratulations mate. This is a great achievement for you and for the developers of FB... All open source, all free.. Thank you all.
silk.odyssey

Post by silk.odyssey »

Impressive screen shots. If you don't mind me asking. What api / gfx library are you using?
anonymous1337

Post by anonymous1337 »

From the clues I've found, he uses OpenGL for graphics, and Newton for physics. Here are my clues:
Dr_D wrote:Yeah, source included.

Yep... FreeBASIC, OpenGL, Newton, OpenAL and Glfw. ;)
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

Ok... I've decided to release a demo. Keep in mind that this is still in early development. If your video card doesn't support at least 3 texel units, it wont look as good, but it will run. Also, It's going to get optimized alot later... it really doesn't do much optimizing right now, but could anyone that tests it tell me the FPS? Thanks. Yeah... one more thing. When we have decided on the final code structure, the source will be included, but I'm afraid that it's a bit too sloppy at the moment. lol

Demo...
anonymous1337

Post by anonymous1337 »

45 fps :D

My computer isn't that decent when it comes to acceleration either. I have software rendering faster sometimes, so that's a good speed. I umm...Applaud you.

Also, This is amazing. Thanks for the demo ^_^;;