Compling Error when using DosBox 74.3

DOS specific questions.
Gablea

Compling Error when using DosBox 74.3

Post by Gablea »

Hi Everyone

has anyone else ran into this program with DOSBox? I am complying a Program that complies find in Windows and Linux but in DOS I get a error saying

as: out of memory allocating 4064 bytes after a total of 1699256 bytes

does anyone know how I can get around this as I have looked in to my settings on dosbox and i have

memsize=16
xms=true
ems=true
umb=true
keyboardlayout=uk

Much appreciated if anyone has any ideas or do I need to compile it on my Pure DOS machine?
Johnhurley

Re: Compling Error when using DosBox 74.3

Post by Johnhurley »

Gablea wrote: Jun 13, 2023 0:45 Hi Everyone

has anyone else ran into this program with DOSBox? I am complying a Program that complies find in Windows and Linux but in DOS I get a error saying

as: out of memory allocating 4064 bytes after a total of 1699256 bytes

does anyone know how I can get around this as I have looked in to my settings on dosbox and i have

memsize=16
xms=true
ems=true
umb=true
keyboardlayout=uk

Much appreciated if anyone has any ideas or do I need to compile it on my Pure DOS machine?
Hello,

The out of memory error in DOSBox indicates that the program is exhausting available memory. It may be due to limitations of DOSBOX emulated environment. You can try increasing the memsize setting in the DOSBOX configuration file. If that doesn't work, consider optimizing the program's memory usage or try compiling it on a real Pure DOS machine which may have more available memory. Alternatively, explore using more efficient code or finding alternative libraries. Remember to make sure the program's requirements are within the capabilities of DOSBOX's emulated environment.
SARG

Post by SARG »

Bot ? :twisted:
Gablea

Post by Gablea »

Well I would have thought 16mb would be about to compile a program (it complies with no issues on my pure dos machines
And they only have 8mb ram)

Could it be an issue with the dosbox memory mangerment?
angros47

Post by angros47 »

The fist thing I'd try would be to disable ems, and use only xms