VisualFreeBasic IDE introduce

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
visualfreebasic5

VisualFreeBasic IDE introduce

Post by visualfreebasic5 »

Sorry, I don't understand English, I can only translate from Chinese to English, which may be unclear

Key benefits of VisualFreeBasic
  • Multiple projects and documents: multiple projects and documents can be opened at the same time, and other arbitrary text files can be edited.
  • Visualization and pure code: support visual engineering programming and pure code engineering programming at the same time. Pure code means no additional code, suitable for experts to write special things
  • Control and plug-in can be modified freely: the official ones basically come with project source code, which can be edited and modified at any time to their own needs.
  • Editable help system: Help and code prompt are integrated, which can be edited and synchronized with the cloud. Everyone can contribute code to share with you
  • Personalized customization: theme, code color matching, control icon, toolbar icon, kernel function, etc. can be modified at will.
  • Pure green and compact: no deployment, no installation, decompression and use. The software is also pure green and compact.
Origin of VisualFreeBasic
  • Inherit the FireFly software developed by Paul Squires (Canadian nationality), and use WinFBX as the core.
  • FireFly has stopped developing. I like FireFly very much, so I imitated FireFly to develop this IDE.
Software Download https://gitee.com/vfb/VisualFreeBasic
English language
  • Since I cannot speak English, the language pack is translated directly into Chinese.
  • Therefore, the English version is very difficult to use. Someone needs to be able to modify the English language documents.
  • It is also hoped that someone can make language documents in other countries.
Latest version:5.8.5
Lothar Schirm

Re: VisualFreeBasic IDE introduce

Post by Lothar Schirm »

Is this the same IDE? viewtopic.php?t=28522
mcombatti

Post by mcombatti »

Is the actual source available to build? Sorry, unless the executables are signed, it's not safe to open. Thank you!

是否有可用于构建的实际源代码? 抱歉,除非可执行文件已签名,否则打开它是不安全的。 谢谢!
visualfreebasic5

Post by visualfreebasic5 »

Lothar Schirm wrote: Jan 13, 2023 15:35 Is this the same IDE? viewtopic.php?t=28522
Yes, the difference is that it's not my post, I'm the original