multitasking tui.bas

DOS specific questions.
dasyar

multitasking tui.bas

Post by dasyar »

It has been while since I have done anything with fbc. I recently installed freedos on an old gateway laptop, and got interested in possibly putting together a program that would make tui.bas a multitasking environment.

The question I guess is, has somebody already done this? If it is possible, and how difficult would this be to accomplish? Not sure if you could move the mouse cursor between the windows to do work in the windows.

Since this would be software multitasking, and the freedos would be installed on a modern day computer, meaning it would have a fast CPU, maybe the tui.bas would work relatively fast. Need more input from the general participants on this forum. Since I have not done an fbc program in a while, I consider myself a beginner, again.
Dinosaur

Re: multitasking tui.bas

Post by Dinosaur »

Hi All

Took me longer to find out what tui.bas is/does than to read the message ??

Anyhow, CGUI does that perfectly for you, in DOS Windows or Linux.
It is not "Multi-tasking" but switches very fast between events within your program.

I have a complete GUI machine interface in DOS that I can post.
Unfortunately I am traveling in the outback ATM but will be back late next week and can zip it and put it on my site.

Regards
dasyar

Re: multitasking tui.bas

Post by dasyar »

I was looking into the tui.bas code, interesting code, but I am not sure as to how you could make one of the created windows functional. Meaning, once you create the window how do you program some usage.

Another thing that I noticed is once you do win.show(), you need to have a sleep command to keep it open. How do you keep it open without the sleep command, and use the win.remove() to close the window.

Just a couple of things I am trying to figure out. Anybody know who contributed this program to the examples directory.