quitting smoking app

User contributed sources that have become inactive, deprecated, or generally unusable. But ... we don't really want to throw them away either.
blue21

quitting smoking app

Post by blue21 »

hi...

here is a very basic quitting smoking app/program in freebasic

https://github.com/ronblue77/fb_quitting_smoking
Dik

Re: quitting smoking app

Post by Dik »

Thank you for sharing the app. I am trying to quit right now,and I am trying every method possible.
objet-a

Post by objet-a »

I have been smoking for so long that I don't think an app would help me. I have been smoking for a big part of my life. And to be honest, I haven't been feeling so good lately. This is why I started vaping. At first, I was skeptical, but then I understood that this would do less harm to my body than smoking cigarettes. Also, I started to enjoy the flavors of the vapes. Recently, I discovered the Air Bar Diamond Box flavors list, and now I change the taste of my vape every week. So, overall, I am thrilled with the fact that people quit cigarettes and started vaping. This will do good for society in the long term.
Last edited by objet-a on Mar 27, 2024 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
dodicat

Post by dodicat »

The best time to stop smoking is April fool's day, 1 April.
I stopped 1 April 10 years ago because as you get older stopping is a life requirement.
I know others who have stopped on that day.
You very rarely see old people still smoking, a few yes, but these are exceptionally tough people.
You will miss them of course, the ciggies, I still do 10 years on, but it is a necessity to stop.
They say it takes 10-15 years for smoking damaged lungs to repair satisfactorily, it helps if you still have a little bit of youth left. If you leave it too late the natural decline of lung functionality will beat the healing process.
So come on all you jolly girls and guys, you have a few days left to enjoy your remaining puffs, and lay the cigarettes to rest some time on April fools day.
Nice strong coffee helps for a few days after you stop, to combat the initial craving.