The forum's search function is useless

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
dodicat

Re: The forum's search function is useless

Post by dodicat »

When I search the forum for *cheese*, marcov's Limburger comes up.
Which is very clever I think.
The word colour is actually French in origin, but qbdos is American in origin, and fb is a continuation of qbdos.
BBC basic uses COLOUR.
However, fxm's written English is probably better than the average British person's written English now, so an occasional divergence is OK IMHO.
deltatho[~]
My little off topic thingy here actually uses the word colour, and tests the forum search for large text in colour (fails), and large text in forum grey(passes).
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

dodicat wrote:However, fxm's written English is probably better than the average British person's written English now, so an occasional divergence is OK IMHO.
I entirely agree.

It should be noted that many of my posts are written 'tongue in cheek' but it would take the fun out of it by employing a 'tongue in cheek' emoji. I would rather leave the reader guessing whether I was writing 'tongue in cheek' or not. Awfully wicked of me. :lol:

I suppose that I could make a statement not 'tongue in cheek', have somebody have a go at me and then say it was written 'tongue in cheek' but I wouldn't do that; a typical Trumpism. I would either try and defend my position or stand down.
coderJeff
Site Admin

Post by coderJeff »

Sorry, I have just had no interest in working on forum lately. We do need to make improvements and we do need to upgrade the forum software (phpBB) to latest versions. I find it is really easy for me to push this to the bottom of the list until some day it must be done.