libLINREG library - FB simple linear regression library

External libraries (GTK, GSL, SDL, Allegro, OpenGL, etc) questions.
ron77

libLINREG library - FB simple linear regression library

Post by ron77 »

hello all...

i'm interested in giving FB some ML libraries (or modules) of ML just like python has... i don't know much about math and i never written or coded a library in my life but i'm egger to try... my idea is to make a simple linear regression library for FB written in FB (cause that's what i know) and to convert the code and algorithm in this site: https://machinelearningmastery.com/impl ... ch-python/
TO A WORKING LIBARARY IN FB...

i don't know how i'll do it or if i succeed or even exactly what i'm getting myself into but i'll try... and if anyone wishes to join and help well any help will be most appreciated...

p.s.-

libLINREG is now a community project see here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28907

here is the library project github repository with an MIT license https://github.com/trapmania/libLINREG
i've been thinking on making it as a simple prototype a static library...

wish me good luck...
(if anyone wises to contribute or participate or to take part please contact me)
ron77

UPDATE 16/11/2020:
THANKS TO PAUL DOE AND DODICAT CODE EXAMPLES AND THE HELP OF OTHERS THE libLINREG library has been COMPLITED the repository of the project has been updated with the version 1 of the library ("bi" file header and "liblinreg.a" library file along with code test BAS file can be found in "FB_MAIN_CODE_SECTION" folder alongside all documentation and source code and datasets ("test.csv" and "dataset.csv" files")
freeBASIC now has a working linear regression library for everyone!
i'd like to thank all who helped and participated and i hope someone will develop further the library...
RON77 :)
version 0.01(21/10/2020):
- checked if python code example works (and it does) ( in "py_example/py_linear_example" )
- dataset csv in "datasets\dataset.scv" of Swedish insurance data made this will be test and train data
- source code in "source\Load_csv.bas" - an attempt to convert the py code program to a working FB code program ( so far csv file data are loaded into the program and been able to convert py code for finding means varients and find convariance of data )
Last edited by ron77 on Nov 16, 2020 17:25, edited 2 times in total.
jj2007

Re: a simple linear regression library for FB (libLINREG)

Post by jj2007 »

Hi Ron,

Not much feedback, so far, sorry... please keep trying, and thanks for the inspiration, I just rolled my own ;-)