VFB IDE【Visual Freebasic】Like vb6@5.8.11//2023-7-6

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
Thunder-man

Re: New IDE:vfb(Visual Freebasic)Like vb6,vb7,Update 2021-1-21

Post by Thunder-man »

It is a real pity that such a good IDE is not available in complete English.
At the moment, I only use VisualFreeBasic5.4.10, which has much more translated into English.

My current solution:

Install DeepL
Click within the help

Press [CTRL] + A
Press [CTRL] + C (2 times quickly)
This does not translate the menus from the Libery but helps a little.

( Full view: click on the picture)
Cretin Ho

Post by Cretin Ho »

It's all depending on the developers' willingness. Chinese products if they did it serious is very good (Huawei anyone?). And Chinese is not bad at English, at least the high educated one (college/university students?). I used to talk with them on Quora on the past. Mainland Chinese, not oversea Chinese.

If they wanted they could get Chinese volunteers who fluent in English to finish the job very quickly.

The problem is they don't consider it as a global product so they don't care about other languages support.

They consider it as Chinese market product only and what he's doing here is just share it with us with the hope of spreading the popularity of it.

If we want to use it we have to adapt the product for ourselves. Just like any other goods on the market (I use Chinese products very much, most is Chinese language only, I have figure out how to use them without reading the manual).

So the answer of most of us is: even though we think your product is great, we don't/can't use it. It's simple as that.

p/s: just to remind that the Vietnamese people shared the surnames with Chinese, I'm not Chinese and I don't understand the Chinese language.
MrSwiss

Post by MrSwiss »

@Cretin Ho,

let me remind you of an important fact:
This is the INTERNATIONAL FreeBASIC-Forum (English), therefore, no one is interrested in NATIONAL sentiments.
Cretin Ho

Post by Cretin Ho »

MrSwiss wrote:@Cretin Ho,

let me remind you of an important fact:
This is the INTERNATIONAL FreeBASIC-Forum (English), therefore, no one is interrested in NATIONAL sentiments.
It's only you feel so. I don't think I'm emotionally biased.

Do you see I ever bad mouthed about the Chinese?

I just tell my first hand experience.

Their products are very good if they are serious.

And I don't think the developers of this IDE serious enough as an INTERNATIONAL product, it's still some sort of LOCAL MARKET ONLY product.

The p/s I added just in case people asked me to help translating because my name 'sounds' Chinese!

No bad intention at all!

p/s: I used many LOCAL MARKET ONLY products of China, too. Some is good. Some is bad. But the rule of thumb is there is nothing other than Chinese characters, you can't depend on the manual but have to figure out how to use it yourself! An IDE is a product when this fall short. Guessing doesn't work.
MrSwiss

Post by MrSwiss »

Cretin Ho wrote:It's only you feel so. I don't think I'm emotionally biased.
It seems to be a missunderstanding ...

What I wanted to imply is the following:
If it isn't a INTERNATIONAL product, it has "NO PLACE" in this forum. Should be removed.
Thunder-man

Post by Thunder-man »

Cretin Ho wrote:

And I don't think the developers of this IDE serious enough as an INTERNATIONAL product, it's still some sort of LOCAL MARKET ONLY product.
But the developer had already started with the option of English as the language!
Also, many example projects were translated into English to make them work.
Then it makes no sense to offer a newer version almost exclusively in Chinese.

I am happy to be able to use "Visual FreeBasic", but it would be a pity if there were no more newer versions
with English language any more.

If the IDE remains in the status as of v 5.5.1, it will unfortunately be useless for me.
Too bad, because in my opinion it is a Power IDE.
Cretin Ho

Post by Cretin Ho »

MrSwiss wrote:
Cretin Ho wrote:It's only you feel so. I don't think I'm emotionally biased.
It seems to be a missunderstanding ...

What I wanted to imply is the following:
If it isn't a INTERNATIONAL product, it has "NO PLACE" in this forum. Should be removed.
Sorry. I misunderstood.
Cretin Ho

Post by Cretin Ho »

Thunder-man wrote:
Cretin Ho wrote:

But the developer had already started with the option of English as the language!
Also, many example projects were translated into English to make them work.
Then it makes no sense to offer a newer version almost exclusively in Chinese.

I am happy to be able to use "Visual FreeBasic", but it would be a pity if there were no more newer versions
with English language any more.

If the IDE remains in the status as of v 5.5.1, it will unfortunately be useless for me.
Too bad, because in my opinion it is a Power IDE.
Sorry if I misunderstood you. I didn't download the thing at all. I just can't deal with Chinese characters.

If I interpret your post correctly then I think they consider making it a global product failed (failed to gain users?) so they rolled back to the local market. It's their decision, we can't do anything with it.
Thunder-man

Post by Thunder-man »

Cretin Ho wrote: If I interpret your post correctly then I think they consider making it a global product failed (failed to gain users?) so they rolled back to the local market. It's their decision, we can't do anything with it.
A lot has changed internally from VisualFreeBasic5.4.10 to v5.51.
For example, the CodeStore folder no longer exists.

It's all in the PubHelp.db now (I guess)

Of course, I don't know if the developer will translate the database and other things.
That would be great!
I don't see it as a failure for the global market.
But the rest should be translated into English later.

Let's wait for the next version and see what happens.
Cretin Ho

Post by Cretin Ho »

Thunder-man wrote:Let's wait for the next version and see what happens.
I'd be glad to try another Chinese good product. You're right. Let's wait for the next version.
classd2008

Post by classd2008 »

Could have support to choose QT5 or GTK3 ... 4
xiaoyao

Post by xiaoyao »

VFB it's free software ,free ide.
VFB is an IDE similar to VB6 developed by a personal studio. It can be distributed for free and unlimited. It is also possible to sell it. Of course, you can't say that it was developed by you (such as providing technical services and charging fees). People all over the world can download and use it for free , The new version has been updated for 6 years, it may not be open source, but please feel free to use it.
xiaoyao

Re: Vfb IDE【Visual Freebasic】Like vb6,vb7,Update2021-2-23

Post by xiaoyao »

Update log:5.5.3(2021-2-23)

Fixed the problem that the project and window list labels disappear when the VFB is closed and the VFB is opened next time after using the plug-in.
Fixed the problem of wrong English letters in the TVN_SetDispInfo event name of the TreeView control.
Fix the problem of invalid click in the help of project properties and image management.
Fix the problem that there is no space before the variable member AS in the help making.

New project and window labels are added, "X" is displayed on the right of the current selection, click to close.
Add a drop-down button at the end of the window label, click as the menu, and select the file in the current project.
Added synchronization in VFB help, click on the list to automatically open related entries.

When the remaining project is changed, the project label is also displayed.
Change Close other tabs, only close other tabs of the current project, other projects will not be closed.
Change the automatic backup by typing 100 characters, and adjust it to backup after 60 seconds after typing 1 character.

5.5.2 2021-2-12 New Year's Day
Fixed an issue where ListView.GetItemText would crash if it exceeded 260 characters. Adjusted to a maximum of 2048 characters, it won’t crash even if it exceeds it.
Fixed the problem that class functions, procedures, attributes, etc. were not in the function list of the code editor.
Fix the problem that the entry modification date is 1970-1-1 after syncing the help.
Fix the problem that the referenced file cannot be opened in "Go to the defined position" in the code right-click menu.
Fix to avoid short keyword hints not coming out, such as App
Fixed the problem that when searching on the library page, 3 items are always found for 1 keyword.
Fix the problem that the code prompt will not prompt correctly after using the keywords in the extended library or the source code library as the variable name.
Fix the problem of lack of static library when using network_UDP_Create (libiocp_socket.a file is put into the compiler folder)

Added a help prompt area, prompting function parameters, related other keywords, and quoting files
Newly added There are multiple keyword categories in the help prompt area, only the last one is displayed, the others are collapsed, click the small triangle to expand and display all.
Add "Go to definition position" in the right-click menu of the code, which belongs to the entry in the help, and the help will be opened directly to locate this entry.

Change Miniblink control with the latest version 20210131 32-bit and 64-bit DLL
Change the variable name of the current process or function in the help prompt area
Change the entry in the library list, and the complete information can also be prompted in the help area.
When changing the search and replace, avoid the automatic replacement of upper and lower case and cause lagging imagination.
Change When a keyword is encountered and multiple entries are found, the help prompt content will no longer be prompted together.

5.5.1 2021-1-21
Added a help prompt area, click a keyword to open related help.
Added automatic replacement of keyword case
The newly added entries belong to different categories, and all code hints will be displayed.
Added the theme properties of the TreeView and ListView controls to make the style the same as the theme of the WIN system resource manager.
Added Chinese code can be prompted by typing the first letter of pinyin (only for the document edited by the current project, not public library and private library)

Fix the right-click menu of the library file in the project, it will crash when opening the folder
Fixed the problem of slow loading templates when opening the new project in the project window and clicking the VFB and BAS projects next to it.
Fix the problem of continuously declaring variables in the current function, and the first variable is not recognized by the code prompt.
Amendment Avoid automatic replacement and insertion of code for non-code files. Judging by the extension. Code file: "INC""BI""FRM""BAS"
Amendment The synchronization window modification button in the help is not initially disabled, and cannot be changed with the tick in the list
The parameter prompt of class member is incorrect.
Fix the problem that the help file is not displayed in the recycle bin after deleting a member.

Change and adjust the code hint sorting strategy. Procedures and functions are ranked first, and constants are ranked behind.
Change Miniblink control with the latest version 20210114 32-bit and 64-bit DLL
Change the public library to make a lot of changes
xiaoyao

Re: New IDE:vfb(Visual Freebasic)Like vb6,vb7(Update 2020-04-30)

Post by xiaoyao »

Thunder-man wrote:One thing in advance, I hope that the VisualFreebasic IDE will be released as open source by the developer will be released. It is based on FireFly!
I have now worked a few days with it and must say, it is a powerful IDE,
but also beginners can benefit from it.
you can try new version,i upload on github.
Cretin Ho

Re: Vfb IDE【Visual Freebasic】Like vb6,vb7,Update2021-2-23

Post by Cretin Ho »

I want to help translating to Vietnamese. Please give instructions.