VFB IDE【Visual Freebasic】Like vb6@5.8.11//2023-7-6

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
xiaoyao

Re: VFB IDE【Visual Freebasic】Like vb6@Updae2021-5-8

Post by xiaoyao »

flaviofornazier wrote: Jul 28, 2022 2:33 In the new IDE version (5.7.6), left menus are in Chinese again... :roll:
YOU CAN TRY NEW VERSION 5.5.8
Makoto WATANABE

Re: VFB IDE【Visual Freebasic】Like vb6@Updae2023-3-6

Post by Makoto WATANABE »

I was able to use VisualFreeBasic 5.8.8 with english in my Japanese Windows 10 environment.
Using VisualFreeBasic, I was able to use Japanese "漢字" for function and variable names, which dramatically improved the readability of programs.

Please tell me one thing.
To open bas file or ffp file, I operate from the menu as follows.
File -> turn on -> New project or open project
The file names are displayed on the screen, but when I select a file and press the "turn on" button, the file is not loaded.

On the other hand, if I use Explorer and drop the appropriate file on the VisualFreeBasic screen, the program can be loaded, compiled and executed.
For example, the following file was loaded and the following result was produced.
C:\Tool\VisualFreeBasic\Projects\ExProject\code\file\Text_reading_and_writing\Text_reading_and_writing.ffp
C:\Tool\VisualFreeBasic\Projects\ExProject\code\file\Text_reading_and_writing\release\test.txt

Please tell me how to load a program from the menu of VisualFreeBasic.
caseih

Post by caseih »

I didn't know FB could use unicode in the variable and function names. I just did a test with FB 1.09 and it definitely did not like Japanese variable names in UTF-8 source code. Is this new in 1.10?
Makoto WATANABE

FB can not use unicode in the variable and function names.
VFB IDE replaces Unicode variable names in source codes with alphanumeric characters before passing them to fbc.

For example, "漢字" is "u6F22u5B57" (This is my guess.).
This is why the VFB IDE allows us to use Unicode characters in the names of variables and functions.

I am hoping that fbc itself will allow us to use Unicode variable names.
hugodd

Post by hugodd »

Hi, this is an awesome project!

If I create a new project of "StandardEXEproject.ffp" kind, then on first form created add two buttons (button1 and button2). Then, generate a new form (form2) with an textbox control and a button in it. In click event of button1 of first form, put this: form2.show
Finally compile the proyect with start windows the first form, and run. The App open first form and pressing the tab key the focus circulate between two buttons (button1 and button2). But if i click on button1 then open second form (form2) and in this form the tab key do not works. It should circulate the focus between the textbox and a button (in form2).
How should I solve it?

VisualFreeBasic version 5.8.8.15553 on Windows 11

Thanks!
(sorry my poor english)
Makoto WATANABE

I created Japanese Language files for VFB.
https://makoto-watanabe.main.jp/freebas ... panese.zip
The Chinese language file is large (8000 lines), and the Japanese part is still about half, but it should be usable without inconvenience for menu operations in Japanese environment.

PS: I compiled the following program with VFB in my Japanese Windows environment, but the exe could not start.
Expected result:

Code: Select all

'Str&WStr.bas

'Unicode対応 文字コード表
'http://ash.jp/code/unitbl21.htm

Print "漢",                         Asc("漢")      & Asc("漢",2), Hex(Asc("漢"))      & Hex(Asc("漢",2))
Print "Str(""漢""): "  & Str("漢"), Asc(Str("漢")) & Asc("漢",2), Hex(Asc(Str("漢"))) & Hex(Asc(Str("漢"),2))
Print "WStr(""漢""): " & WStr("漢"), "u" & Asc(WStr("漢")), "u" & Hex(Asc(WStr("漢")))
Print "WStr(""字""): " & WStr("字"), "u" & Asc(WStr("字")), "u" & Hex(Asc(WStr("字")))

Dim ff As UByte

ff = FreeFile
Open "testASCII.txt" For Output As #ff
Print #ff, "漢"
Print #ff, "Str(""漢""): " & Str("漢")
Print #ff, "WStr(""漢""): " & WStr("漢")

Close #ff

ff = FreeFile
Open "testUTF16.txt" For Output Encoding "utf-16" As #ff
Print #ff, "漢"
Print #ff, "Str(""漢""): " & Str("漢")
Print #ff, "WStr(""漢""): " & WStr("漢")

Close #ff

Sleep
xiaoyao

Post by xiaoyao »

Makoto WATANABE wrote: May 09, 2023 13:40 I created Japanese Language files for VFB.

'Str&WStr.bas

'Unicode対応 文字コード表
'http://ash.jp/code/unitbl21.htm

Print "漢", Asc("漢") & Asc("漢",2), Hex(Asc("漢")) & Hex(Asc("漢",2))
Print "Str(""漢""): " & Str("漢"), Asc(Str("漢")) & Asc("漢",2), Hex(Asc(Str("漢"))) & Hex(Asc(Str("漢"),2))
Print "WStr(""漢""): " & WStr("漢"), "u" & Asc(WStr("漢")), "u" & Hex(Asc(WStr("漢")))
Print "WStr(""字""): " & WStr("字"), "u" & Asc(WStr("字")), "u" & Hex(Asc(WStr("字")))
IF YOU only use english version,english freebasice code, Should be able to compile into EXE smoothly? Is your Japanese language pack responsible for the editing failure?
only this code ?can't make to EXE?

Try a standard EXE project, rather than a console DOS project, to display the results in a LISTbox control
Last edited by xiaoyao on May 10, 2023 12:59, edited 1 time in total.
xiaoyao

Post by xiaoyao »

update 5.8.9 2023-5-1 download her: http://www.yfvb.com/soft-48.htm

Fixed closing help page, window name does not change, click the Help button to switch help, window name does not change
Fixed an issue where the project section of the menu was disabled after Help was enabled.
Fixed removing Favorites or recent projects while removing other items.
Fixed selecting Automatic login but not displaying your account information on the home page.
Fixed abnormal display when files were deleted from Favorites and recent projects list
Fixed adding files where Windows and modules were not recognized and treated as normal files.
Fixed incomplete display of parameter prompts in code prompts.
Fixed code prompts showing incorrect location and size.
Fixed missing DLL in user action prompt in VFB window
Fixed new project sometimes not showing BAS project blank template.
Fixed when debugging, the mouse was placed over a variable, prompting an abnormal window size for the variable value
Change the global default setting of font for window editing in Cancel Settings.
Change the font of the code prompt to the font and size of the code editor
Changed "Need to compile" and "Remarks" from the right menu in Deleted project list.
Changed "Plug point mark" is not added automatically when opening BAS project. If necessary, open the file, right-click in the menu, insert project and select "BAS Project Insert Point".
Add a new project Enter the project name and press enter to create a new project.
New let WIn7 and XP system, like WIN10 system. Supports mouse scroll on any window, any window has a scroll message. The old system was where the focus was, where the rollers were. This is true of both the VFB itself and the compiled software.
New mask code input, the shortcut key input some non-display characters.
New code prompt for unnamed Enum members is treated as a constant instead of a constant. If you have a name, you need to type the name after the member.

5.8.8 2023-3-21 Spring Equinox
Fixed an issue where a decimal point followed Then Else would merge when formatted
Fixed an issue in the "With" statement where the code did not prompt after common statements were dotted, such as "If."
Fixed open temporary file with no extension displayed
Fixed new window and module text in uppercase.
Fixed kernel function name garbled in the pop-up menu for new label
Fixed the project list and tag not being updated correctly to the new name after the tag was saved as
Fixed a new button on the BAS project point TAB, with two splits in the pop-up menu
Fixed toggle theme color, code color was not updated immediately
Fixed TAB control binding to a window with a Chinese name does not take effect
Fixed YFproTab toggle clicking the TAB just above the Close button and letting go of the mouse would make the TAB close.
Fixed new Windows and modules not in the project after closing the project and then opening
Fixed only modified individual files in the project and the project label was not saved with asterisk after saving.
Fixed when toggling window design and code editing without marking project modifications and not saving the state.
Fixed closing a project file tag that did not show the asterisk
Fixed the bottom prompt area where autosave was not prompted
Fixed The Times function does not exist when the new code library function is used after modifying the control class.
Fixed YFproTab control not showing new button after closing all tabs.
When the event function definition is wrong, VFB will automatically correct and prompt, and then there is a probability of a crash.
Fixed bug Mc-10879 - When debugging Chinese name EXE, the software could not be found
Fixed BAS project unable to drop breakpoint
Fixed a problem where the project list accidentally produced the same file but did not duplicate when opening the project
Improved the default file name when adding a window. It is not the same as all files in the current project.
Improved project list and tag name, uniform name
Improve the home page add sorting function, the mouse will change into an hourglass when loading the folder, and can only be operated after loading.
When you modify a control name in an array of controls, you are prompted to select all or individual changes.
New non-text files to display in hexadecimal data, plug-in support to open files, provide a plug-in to display images as an example.
Added yfGDI Added the ability to switch whether the parameter of GDI+ is integer or not. When drawing some frames and lines, the phenomenon of blurring will occur if they are not rounded, while there is no need to be rounded in some places.
Makoto WATANABE

I have logged the results of running the "exe" file compiled by VFC5.8.9 with "sxstrace.exe".
The log is as follows.

=================
アクティブ化コンテキストの生成を開始します。
入力パラメーター:
	Flags = 0
	ProcessorArchitecture = Wow32
	CultureFallBacks = ja-JP;ja;en-US;en
	ManifestPath = C:\test\Str&WStr3.exe
	AssemblyDirectory = C:\test\
	Application Config File = 
-----------------
情報: マニフェスト ファイル C:\test\Str&WStr3.exe を解析しています。
	情報: マニフェスト定義 ID は (null) です。
	エラー: 3 行: XML 構文エラーです。
エラー: アクティブ化コンテキストの生成に失敗しました。
アクティブ化コンテキストの生成を終了します。

xiaoyao

Post by xiaoyao »

Makoto WATANABE wrote: May 10, 2023 22:43 I have logged the results of running the "exe" file compiled by VFC5.8.9 with "sxstrace.exe".
The log is as follows.
IT'S compiled SUCCESSFUL,YOU NEED RUN FROM dos
Makoto WATANABE

After updating to VFB 5.8.9 2023-5-1, I was able to load program files with "File -> turn on".
Thank you for your response.

By the way, I want to create simple basic program files with extension "bas", not projects.
Please let me know how to proceed in "File -> New".
Would you like to select any item in "New Construction"?
Makoto WATANABE

Many editors have a "Save As" item in the "File" menu.
In order to change existing code and use it as another program, I would like VFB to add not only "Save as template" but also "Save As" .
xiaoyao

Post by xiaoyao »

Makoto WATANABE wrote: May 15, 2023 2:48 Many editors have a "Save As" item in the "File" menu.
In order to change existing code and use it as another program, I would like VFB to add not only "Save as template" but also "Save As" .
vfb should add a module file reference function. When programming VB6, I like to keep common modules in a folder, completely isolated from different projects.
Such as login interface, about the interface, like the registry similar system Settings interface (only a form control implementation), their own development of the control. Different projects can refer to them.
Copy to the current project directory or to a specified new directory when you need to package.

I will advise the IDE designer. Thank you for reminding me.
xiaoyao

Post by xiaoyao »

Makoto WATANABE wrote: May 12, 2023 7:21 After updating to VFB 5.8.9 2023-5-1, I was able to load program files with "File -> turn on".
Thank you for your response.

By the way, I want to create simple basic program files with extension "bas", not projects.
Please let me know how to proceed in "File -> New".
Would you like to select any item in "New Construction"?
MENU:NEW>> SHOW NEW EXE project,dll project
you can see on window top have 5 buttons,"new bas project"
it's also need new folder to save as a project,like vb6,only one Module1.bas,you need a vbp project file.

#include Once "windows.bi"     
 'The basic library of WIN system is mainly the API commonly used in WIN system. If you do not use API, you can not include it.

MessageBoxA(0,"test","title",0) 
Makoto WATANABE

I updated the Japanese Language files for VFB.