raylib headers

Headers, Bindings, Libraries for use with FreeBASIC, Please include example of use to help ensure they are tested and usable.
paul doe

Re: raylib headers

Post by paul doe »

@BasicCoder2: Go to C:/FreeBasic/lib/win32 (on your HDD) and delete the file libraylib.a as a first step. The linker is trying to link against an older static build of raylib, that you yourself placed in that folder, for whatever reason. Then, try to compile an example again, with the Win32 DLL on the same folder as the examples.

@UEZ: check that the version you're linking against is indeed 3.5. The examples should tell this in the console at startup.
BasicCoder2

Post by BasicCoder2 »

@paul doe

deleted libraylib

result of compile,

Where is the Win32 DLL to be found?
UEZ

Post by UEZ »

paul doe wrote:@BasicCoder2: Go to C:/FreeBasic/lib/win32 (on your HDD) and delete the file libraylib.a as a first step. The linker is trying to link against an older static build of raylib, that you yourself placed in that folder, for whatever reason. Then, try to compile an example again, with the Win32 DLL on the same folder as the examples.

@UEZ: check that the version you're linking against is indeed 3.5. The examples should tell this in the console at startup.
I've renamed raylib.dll to libraylib.dll (in Windows\System32 and Windows\SysWOW64) and the output for the working examples of the console is:

INFO: Initializing raylib 3.5
INFO: DISPLAY: Device initialized successfully

But still same error for core_window_flags.bas.
Coolman

Post by Coolman »

under linux (kde neon based on ubuntu 20.04), the compilation of the examples does not work. it is necessary to compile the new version 3.5.0 to make it work... here are the steps :

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
sudo apt install build-essential git libasound2-dev mesa-common-dev libx11-dev libxrandr-dev libxi-dev xorg-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev
git clone https://github.com/raysan5/raylib.git raylib
cd raylib/src

create static lib :
make PLATFORM=PLATFORM_DESKTOP

install the library (normal method) :
sudo make install

personally I prefer to copy manually the library libraylib.a to /usr/local/lib

download the examples provided by paul doe (thanks, great job). uncompress in a directory. i use geany. most of the examples work, some compile but don't display anything in the window. to see, maybe a lack of library...

That said, I found an excellent open source language called Blitzmax based on the basic syntax but much more advanced. includes many very powerful modules. MaxGui allows for example to easily generate a graphical user interface...

for those who would be interested, more details - here - .sorry. in french.
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

Are you guys able to compile these examples using fbc 1.07.1?
badmrbox

Post by badmrbox »

I'm having as much problems with getting it to run as you BasicCoder2.
c-sanchez

Post by c-sanchez »

Haubitze wrote:i have ported the raygui lib so you can fast implement a gui or buttons for games ;)
here the files
https://users.freebasic-portal.de/haubitze/raygui.7z

have fun
Thanks by makye this, can you or someone share some freebasic code examples with raygui here?
paul doe

Post by paul doe »

c-sanchez wrote:...
Thanks by makye this, can you or someone share some freebasic code examples with raygui here?
I've already ported some examples in the examples folder. Check them out.
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

For anyone who is having trouble, I had some trouble myself, so this is what paul doe and I figured out last night to get me going...

If you put anything besides the dll file from raylib-3.5.0_win32_msvc16, you'll run into compilation issues. The others throw undefined references, missing dll file, etc... Also, there are some assets in the archive that are corrupt, so you'll need to replace them with the ones from raylib's own archive. My advice is to erase everything you have, clear out all the related lib.a files (if you have any) from your fb/lib/win32 directory, re-download paul doe's archive, re-download raylib-3.5.0_win32_msvc16, put the dll only in your examples directory, and then methodically replace any corrupted assets with the ones from here. Hopefully this gets everyone up to speed where they can use raylib. It's actually pretty cool. Thanks for the hard work guys. ;)
mrToad

Post by mrToad »

Dr_D wrote:For anyone who is having trouble, I had some trouble myself, so this is what paul doe and I figured out last night to get me going.
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post this, it helped me too.

I know how to use libs, and I keep my files organized in specific folders, but it was no kidding that there were issues getting the Raylib examples to run (fbc 1.07.1 and Raylib 3.5) but your post saved me further hassle. Tho for some reason I didn't need to replace a single asset (I ran about 50% of the examples so far.)

I don't know much about the difference between msvc16 and mingw, just different ways to build apparently.

Also, just curious why so many issues with all except win32_msvc16?

The example file of FB.Image to Raylib Image, I didn't see any contributor's name there, but I thought paul doe did it. I attempted to code that example myself, but had some trouble and never finished. Anyway I would like to thank that person for that useful addition to the examples.

@paul doe, as organized as I try to be, I swore I had some of your set of GIMP-like layer blend shaders you made awhile back, with the Overlay and 30-some other blends, but for some reason I can't find them on my drive right now. I have the FB blitting examples only. Those shaders would be a wonderful addition to the examples. I didn't see them, though. I'd beg you to provide just a few! :)
paul doe

Post by paul doe »

mrToad wrote:...
The example file of FB.Image to Raylib Image, I didn't see any contributor's name there, but I thought paul doe did it. I attempted to code that example myself, but had some trouble and never finished. Anyway I would like to thank that person for that useful addition to the examples.
Yes, it was me. It was an answer to one of your own posts in this very thread, a while back. I included it for completeness.
@paul doe, as organized as I try to be, I swore I had some of your set of GIMP-like layer blend shaders you made awhile back, with the Overlay and 30-some other blends, but for some reason I can't find them on my drive right now. I have the FB blitting examples only. Those shaders would be a wonderful addition to the examples. I didn't see them, though. I'd beg you to provide just a few! :)
I'll update the code and post it again. Won't make any promises, though, since I've completely lost interest in coding (or participating in the forum whatsoever) so it might take a while.
mrToad

Post by mrToad »

paul doe wrote:Yes, it was me. It was an answer to one of your own posts in this very thread, a while back. I included it for completeness.
Well cool! I thought it was you. Thanks, you've always been helpful.
paul doe wrote:I'll update the code and post it again. Won't make any promises, though, since I've completely lost interest in coding (or participating in the forum whatsoever) so it might take a while.
Aw man, you doing okay? Doesn't seem like you. I heard the PM doesn't work in the forum, but I'd like to hear what's up, if you want to talk about anything. Here's a way, I don't mind sharing online: products.dp (gmail) - you get it, but bots probably do too.

Or if you want to post on the forum somewhere off-topic, let me know, I'll need to look there. I may have missed something already.
I'd like to at least have a parting understanding, why this helpful seasoned coder has lost all interest.
BasicJedi

Post by BasicJedi »

Hello, I'd like to try this library on my old 2005 notebook, becouse it still support OpenGL 1.1 )
But, after running "Hello-world.bas" I get only:

Code: Select all

INFO: Initializing raylib 3.5
WARNING: GLFW: Error: 65543 Description: WGL: OpenGL profile requested but WGL_A
RB_create_context_profile is unavailable
WARNING: GLFW: Failed to initialize Window
INFO: TIMER: Target time per frame: 16.667 milliseconds

Aborting due to runtime error 12 ("segmentation violation" signal) in D:\fbc\raylib\examples\fbidetemp.bas::()
(raylib.dll is in examples folder, I also tried raylib 3.0)
mrToad

Post by mrToad »

Just sliding in here to say hallo, and ask if anyone has information or work in progress with Raylib and FB. I've been out of the loop and barely programming much, but thinking about getting back in the code bath. Starting here since this was my last great interest.

Hi hi.
mrToad :mrgreen: