VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
Avata

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Post by Avata »

I like VisualFBEditor and the MyFbFramework because it is could make a single execute program without any DLL. It is simple to make small file size tools for the begginer. You are not begginer if you can make programe with WX, QT, IUP with freeBAsic.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Post by Xusinboy Bekchanov »

oyster wrote: Mar 24, 2022 12:26 not to be offensive, just be curious

a cross-platform GUI lib is a hark work. as far as I know, MyFbFramework is the infrastructure of VisualFBEditor IDE which is yet another hard work.

what is MyFbFramework's unique feature, or in other word, why MyFbFramework is used for VisualFBEditor?

There are some mature cross-platform GUI libs, i.e., QT, wxWidgets and IUP. QT and wxWidgets are huge, however IUP is smaller. So is it possible to use IUP for writing VisualFBEditor, and let VisualFBEditor's GUI designer create code for IUP binding? Thus, more energy can be put on VisualFBEditor.
When there is WinAPI and GTK, why do we need IUP, IUP consists of these APIs and libraries. They can do more than IUP.
robert

Post by robert »

Hi Xusinboy:

Warning and error compiling VisualFBEditor on Linux __USE_GTK3__

Code: Select all

/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/MyFbFramework/mff/Canvas.bas(101) warning 13(1): Function result was not explicitly set
/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/src/Main.bas(2329) error 18: Element not defined, DateFileTime
Warning and errors compiling MyFbFramework on Linux __USE_GTK3__

/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/MyFbFramework/mff/Canvas.bas(101) warning 13(1): Function result was not explicitly set
/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/MyFbFramework/mff/GridData.bi(368) error 14: Expected identifier, found 'LVITEM'
/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/MyFbFramework/mff/GridData.bi(375) error 14: Expected identifier, found 'HDC'
/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/MyFbFramework/mff/GridData.bi(392) error 42: Variable not declared, PS_SOLID
/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/MyFbFramework/mff/GridData.bi(406) error 59: Illegal specification, at parameter 1 (tDc) of DrawRect()
/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/MyFbFramework/mff/GridData.bi(407) error 59: Illegal specification, at parameter 1 (HDC) of DrawLine()
/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/MyFbFramework/mff/GridData.bi(408) error 59: Illegal specification, at parameter 1 (DC) of DrawSortArrow()
/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/MyFbFramework/mff/GridData.bi(458) error 14: Expected identifier, found 'HWND'
/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/MyFbFramework/mff/GridData.bi(481) error 59: Illegal specification, at parameter 4 (tGridDCC)
/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/MyFbFramework/mff/GridData.bi(482) error 59: Illegal specification, at parameter 4 (tGridDCC)
/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/MyFbFramework/mff/GridData.bi(487) error 59: Illegal specification, at parameter 4 (tGridDCC)
/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/MyFbFramework/mff/GridData.bi(487) error 133: Too many errors, exiting
Xusinboy Bekchanov

robert wrote: Mar 28, 2022 21:19 Hi Xusinboy:

Warning and error compiling VisualFBEditor on Linux __USE_GTK3__

/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/src/Main.bas(2329) error 18: Element not defined, DateFileTime
Warning and errors compiling MyFbFramework on Linux __USE_GTK3__

/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/MyFbFramework/mff/GridData.bi(368) error 14: Expected identifier, found 'LVITEM'
/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/MyFbFramework/mff/GridData.bi(375) error 14: Expected identifier, found 'HDC'
/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/MyFbFramework/mff/GridData.bi(392) error 42: Variable not declared, PS_SOLID
/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/MyFbFramework/mff/GridData.bi(406) error 59: Illegal specification, at parameter 1 (tDc) of DrawRect()
/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/MyFbFramework/mff/GridData.bi(407) error 59: Illegal specification, at parameter 1 (HDC) of DrawLine()
/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/MyFbFramework/mff/GridData.bi(408) error 59: Illegal specification, at parameter 1 (DC) of DrawSortArrow()
/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/MyFbFramework/mff/GridData.bi(458) error 14: Expected identifier, found 'HWND'
/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/MyFbFramework/mff/GridData.bi(481) error 59: Illegal specification, at parameter 4 (tGridDCC)
/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/MyFbFramework/mff/GridData.bi(482) error 59: Illegal specification, at parameter 4 (tGridDCC)
/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/MyFbFramework/mff/GridData.bi(487) error 59: Illegal specification, at parameter 4 (tGridDCC)
/home/irww/Dev/FreeBASIC/VisualFBEditor/MyFbFramework/mff/GridData.bi(487) error 133: Too many errors, exiting
Hi.

Fixed: Compiling on Linux
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... 141937212c

Fixed: Compiling on Linux:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/My ... a80141257a
robert

Post by robert »

Thanks for the repair.

Minor typo error, missing slash before "Help", in frmTipOfDay.frm line 180

Msgbox ML("File") & " """ & GetOSPath(ExePath & "Help/Tip of the Day/") & CurLanguage & ".tip"" " & ML("not found!")

should be

Msgbox ML("File") & " """ & GetOSPath(ExePath & "/Help/Tip of the Day/") & CurLanguage & ".tip"" " & ML("not found!")
robert

Post by robert »

Linux case sensitivity problem with file name

VisualFBEditor/Help/Tip of the Day/English.Tip

which should be

VisualFBEditor/Help/Tip of the Day/english.tip
Xusinboy Bekchanov

robert wrote: Mar 29, 2022 4:13 Msgbox ML("File") & " """ & GetOSPath(ExePath & "/Help/Tip of the Day/") & CurLanguage & ".tip"" " & ML("not found!")
Fixed: Tip of Day:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... 28558d9406
robert wrote: Mar 29, 2022 4:24 which should be

VisualFBEditor/Help/Tip of the Day/english.tip
Fixed: Tip of the Day on Linux:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... 38abac11c6

Thank you too.
Tolo68

Post by Tolo68 »

Sorry if my English is not perfect, since I'm Spanish and I use Google Translator.

Install the IDE VisualFBEditor 1.3.0, which already comes with the mff folder
Some time ago I had tried older versions, but they had some graphical errors in the IDE.

It went well for me, compiling some windows tests and windows forms.

Also install the jdk and sdk for android apps.

But then I don't know what I did, now it gives me compilation errors with the files...

Form1.rc, manifest.xml and others I don't remember.

What I did was delete the entire folder, and unzip the ZIP again,
to have it as it is configured by default, but it keeps giving me errors.

The FreeBasic compiler I use is version 1.0.9.0 32-bit.
And I don't have it on drive C:, if not on D:, although I don't think the problem is because of this.

I have Windows XP, but before when it was working fine, I also ran it on XP.

If I create a .bas module with this code, it executes it for me

-------------------------
#include "windows.bi"

Dim As MSG msg ' Message variable (stores massages)
Dim As HWND hWnd ' Window variable

' Create window
hWnd = CreateWindowEx( 0, "#32770", "Form1", WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW Or WS_VISIBLE, 100, 100, 500, 300, 0, 0, 0, 0 )

While GetMessage( @msg, 0, 0, 0 ) ' Get message from window
TranslateMessage( @msg )
DispatchMessage( @msg )

Select Case msg.hwnd
Case hWnd ' If msg is window hwnd: get messages from window
Select Case msg.message
Case 273 ' Get message when 'X' was pressed
End
End Select
End Select
Wend
-----------------------

It may be that the configuration adds some data to the Windows registry,
and be the reason for the failure ???

I've looked through several IDE configuration windows, but I can't find it.

If you could help me with these errors I would appreciate it, since I see that your IDE is quite complete.
And if you could pass me a link, where is the help manual for the IDE

Thank you very much and have a nice day!!!!
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Tolo68 wrote: Mar 31, 2022 8:46 Also install the jdk and sdk for android apps.
If you are not compiling for Android, they are not needed.
Tolo68 wrote: Mar 31, 2022 8:46 But then I don't know what I did, now it gives me compilation errors with the files...

Form1.rc, manifest.xml and others I don't remember.
Yes, there is such a bug only with resource files.
You can get the latest version from github.

Tonight I plan to make another release with the latest changes.
Tolo68 wrote: Mar 31, 2022 8:46 I have Windows XP, but before when it was working fine, I also ran it on XP.
I haven't had a chance to test it yet in Windows XP.
Tolo68 wrote: Mar 31, 2022 8:46 It may be that the configuration adds some data to the Windows registry,
and be the reason for the failure ???
No. The IDE does not register anything in the registry.
Tolo68 wrote: Mar 31, 2022 8:46 And if you could pass me a link, where is the help manual for the IDE
No such reference
zmymhlej

Post by zmymhlej »

Hi. I have Windows XP. I confirm your IDE runs.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

zmymhlej wrote: Mar 31, 2022 12:32 Hi. I have Windows XP. I confirm your IDE runs.
Thank you.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Version 1.3.1 (March 31, 2022)
- Fixed: Tip of the Day on Linux
- Added: Project macro numbering: Starts of procedures menu item
- Added: GridData Control
- Added: Function Reload History Code
- Added: Ctrl + MouseWheel to Edit control
- Fixed: Properties Window High DPI
- Added: Saving Width, Height and Maximized state of Main Window on exit
- Fixed: Saving Recent Files/Folders/Projects/Sessions in Settings
- Fixed: Showing properties without comment in Design Mode
- Fixed: Tab window updating
- Fixed: Compiling GridData example
- Improved: Copy controls copies all properties
- Added: Ability to edit properties of selected multiple controls
- Added: Add relative paths to recent option
- Fixed: Move controls by keys in Designer
- Improved: When unchecked Create non-static event handlers option disables Place static event handlers after the Constructor and Create static event handlers with an underscore at the beginning options
- Fixed: Auto create resource and manifest files
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Mar 31, 2022 9:28 Tonight I plan to make another release with the latest changes.
Done.
Tolo68

Post by Tolo68 »

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Mar 31, 2022 18:03
Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Mar 31, 2022 9:28 Tonight I plan to make another release with the latest changes.
Done.

Thank you very much Xusinboy !!!!
I just downloaded version 1.3.1 and it works fine
I have been pending all day, looking if it was already on github.

I'm still intrigued, why a week ago the compilation of a GUI project in 1.3.0 worked for me, and suddenly it stopped working.
But hey, the important thing is that it's going well!
If I find a bug, or something that could be improved, I'll let you know.

Thank you very much again, have a good day and a good weekend :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Tolo68 wrote: Mar 31, 2022 19:32 I'm still intrigued, why a week ago the compilation of a GUI project in 1.3.0 worked for me, and suddenly it stopped working.
If the GUI Application was saved in the Projects folder VisualFBEditor 1.3.0 worked correctly. I think you saved it to another folder, so it didn't work. This has now been fixed in version 1.3.1.
Tolo68 wrote: Mar 31, 2022 19:32 If I find a bug, or something that could be improved, I'll let you know.
It's welcome.
Tolo68 wrote: Mar 31, 2022 19:32 Thank you very much again, have a good day and a good weekend :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Have a nice weekend too.