WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated January 22, 2019)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
Tourist Trap

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated January 22, 2019)

Postby Tourist Trap » Feb 02, 2019 16:35

PaulSquires wrote:Hi, check the changes.txt

- Changed: You must now hold down the SHIFT key to drag and drop tabs in the top tab control to reorder any open document tabs.

The editor is obviously a work in progress so some things may evolve and change over time.

Thanks, and sorry if I ask rather than search the text files, it's only a matter of time budget.
I have also another question that is a little more difficult, can we import our previous settings to the new version of the editor?
And sorry, it will maybe recall the proposition of deltarho a little, but right now I would find it easier for me to use both the new version and the last one (as we can easily run mutliple instances). The issue then is that I can't change the icon color so that I can recognize who is who on my task bar where I pin up all the good stuff :)
Maybe I could recompile the project, I didn't try. Do you think it would be easy enough for the peasant?

Thanks again for your listening.
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated January 22, 2019)

Postby PaulSquires » Feb 02, 2019 17:08

Yes, the previous WinFBE.ini configuration file and all project files (if applicable) will work in the latest version of the editor.
bcohio2001

Postby bcohio2001 » Feb 07, 2019 0:43

Is there any easy way to load a file without adding it to a project?

Say, have a bit of code in program A that would be useful in program B.

I would like to open up the file to remind myself or copy/paste the bit of code into program B. But when opening it, WinFBE adds the file to the project and have to manually remove it.
PaulSquires

Postby PaulSquires » Feb 07, 2019 1:20

bcohio2001 wrote:Is there any easy way to load a file without adding it to a project?

Say, have a bit of code in program A that would be useful in program B.

I would like to open up the file to remind myself or copy/paste the bit of code into program B. But when opening it, WinFBE adds the file to the project and have to manually remove it.

Unfortunately not, well, not as the logic of the program stands now. If a Project is open then any file that you open will automatically be added to the project. I think that the only alternative at this point would be to have a second instance of WinFBE and open the file there and copy/paste between the two instances.

I understand your problem - just not sure what the best way to accommodate that situation and the general situation of easily adding a file to an open Project.

Return to “Projects”