Where can I get a Recent-Git-Build of FreeBASIC?

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
fxm

Re: Where can I get a Recent-Git-Build of FreeBASIC?

Post by fxm »

SARG wrote: Sep 04, 2022 14:05 I check every 2 days, at least, if there is an update but not today, sorry :-)
Done.
Excuse me and thank you.
I should have waited another day at least (at D+3 at least)
St_W

Post by St_W »

It has been quite a long time since my CI builds became unavailable due to construction work. By now most of the construction work is finished and basic network setup is done. So I can (finally) announce that my fbc and documentation builds are back :-)

Latest fbc and documentation builds have been uploaded yesterday to https://users.freebasic-portal.de/stw/builds/. The public IP of the Jenkins server changed, I updated the DNS records two days ago. Bandwith is still quite limited, but connection should be more stable as it's backed by fiber now. Thus I still recommend to download from the freebasic-portal.de Server.

The Jenkins configuration is still the same as back in June 2022 when the last successful builds were uploaded. I have no plans so far updating Jenkins as this would break the DOS build and I'm not sure how to properly make that working again in a CI setup. Compiler and dependencies are several years old, I might update to a newer GCC version at least for the windows builds.

While my CI builds were unavailable I've also been mostly absent in the FB community and missed what was going on in the last half year. I skimmed some of the discussion threads, but didn't look at most of them. So please let me know if there are any other alternative CI services that took over and made my builds (or some of them) obsolete, such that I could put them to rest.
fxm

Post by fxm »

Good news.
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

Well done St_W. :wink:
srvaldez

Post by srvaldez »

:D
fxm

Post by fxm »

We are recovering your daily builds with happiness !
fxm

Post by fxm »

@St_W,

Any problem building the latest version of fbc ?
By cons, it works for the manual.
Avata

Post by Avata »

I should post here.

There is no memory leak in VisualFBEditor IDE. It is about toolChain stuff. I like compile with Msys2 and think it is better than wIinlibs. But I got a warning message after compiled the code with gcc 12.2.0. But this is not happen with GCC 11.3 before.

Code: Select all

warning: conflicting types for built-in function 'strcmp'; expected 'int(const char *, const char *)' [-Wbuiltin-declaration-mismatch]
 8173 | int32 strcmp( uint8*, uint8* );
      |       ^~~~~~
mff.c:1:1: note: 'strcmp' is declared in header '<string.h>'
  +++ |+#include <string.h>
    1 | typedef   signed char       int8;
Last edited by fxm on Mar 11, 2023 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Duplicate removed.
St_W

Post by St_W »

fxm wrote: Mar 06, 2023 5:44 Any problem building the latest version of fbc ?
By cons, it works for the manual.
Restarted everything, should work now again. As it already happened in the past the http-response-handling threads got stuck for some reason, which in turn made the publish job fail (trying to fetch the changelog) and the DOS builds stuck (because the WinXP VM couldn't fetch JNLP data). Thanks @fxm for the notification (I should have some monitoring).
PS: I couldn't answer your PM because you seem to "have disabled private message receipt".
fxm

Post by fxm »

St_W wrote: Mar 14, 2023 15:21 PS: I couldn't answer your PM because you seem to "have disabled private message receipt".
That should be fixed now.
fxm

Post by fxm »

Thanks for resetting fbc builds.
fxm

Post by fxm »

fbc daily builds did not fire this night.
SARG

Post by SARG »

fxm wrote: Mar 27, 2023 4:49 fbc daily builds did not fire this night.
:(
So I made again mine (only 32/64bit Windows) https://users.freebasic-portal.de/sarg/ ... astest.zip
fxm

Post by fxm »

fxm wrote: Mar 27, 2023 4:49 fbc daily builds did not fire this night.

@St_W,
What is the news since the private message you sent me a week ago ?
St_W

Post by St_W »

Since there are stability issues and the CI setup is quite outdated meanwhile I started looking into updating it. The current blocker are the DOS builds. I tried to run them in a 32-bit Win10 with NTVDM, but fbc.exe didn't run and neither did DJGPP's make. Up to now I run them in 32-bit WinXP NTVDM, which works fine, but I can't use a WinXP build agent in the new setup anymore due to the limited software support (e.g. no Java 11). I planned to try cross-compiling with https://github.com/andrewwutw/build-djgpp/releases next.

But before I do that I wondered which environment is used for the official DOS-builds, that are still provided?
Also, which Linux distribution/version is used for the official Linux builds? I'm still using an old debian version, which has the advantage that most systems out there should have a compatible glibc.
Could you give some insights @coderJeff ?

Currently the CI server is not running, as it simplifies upgrading. My plan is to move from old Apache + AJP + Tomcat + Jenkins WAR setup to nginx (as reverse-proxy) + Jenkins (with built-in jetty), upgrade from Java 8 to Java 17 and upgrade the build agents to J17 compatible operating systems.