Cake Thyme

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
Zamaster

Cake Thyme

Postby Zamaster » Aug 19, 2011 20:57

A demo of something intended to be silly (but still cool) that I'm working on. Currently, the demo only has 4 enemies and 2 guns, obviously much more is in the works. Test it out, tell me its fun so I have a reason to make it into something :)

NOTES:
-the ship graphic is a placeholder.
-to try the other weapon press CTRL
-ultimately, what you kill gets added to your cake, not implemented yet
-the cherry explosion sound effect is a place holder

Download the DEMO!!

Zamaster

Postby Zamaster » Aug 20, 2011 23:57

At least someone tell me how it plays!
anonymous1337

Postby anonymous1337 » Aug 21, 2011 0:30

Wow. "Personal network storage and backup" is actually blocked by the firewall here... I'll get back to you on that.
Lachie Dazdarian

Postby Lachie Dazdarian » Aug 21, 2011 10:24

Ha-ha, I love this so far. Wacky theme. Cakes in space!

Like the controls you set up, but maybe you should add optional left mouse click to shoot, beside SPACE. The tile row at the top and bottom is distracting, but I assume you will add some score and status bars there.

I do hope you will make this into a wave-based games with new enemies and weapons revealing as you progress (to a certain point until it all becomes faster and faster or something like that), and include a highscore table already filled with challenging scores to beat. This is a must have for any score-driven game.

And I love your music as always. Man, why aren't we working on my new game? I must show it to you.

Anyway, please please finish this in any shape or form. Playing super-fun so far.
Zamaster

Postby Zamaster » Aug 21, 2011 17:25

yah thats the plan actually, two modes, classic and arcade. classic where you play through stages and arcade where you just play straight through non-stop with increasing difficulty. I'm adding strawberries and blueberries and then some other interesting enemies next. The idea is that the enemies you kill get added to your cake, and you get points for combinations and stuff.

Return to “Projects”