GUI library for Windows \ Linux (window9)

Headers, Bindings, Libraries for use with FreeBASIC, Please include example of use to help ensure they are tested and usable.
Kwabbernoot

Post by Kwabbernoot »

Despite the warning messages (“passing scalars as pointer”) the program did successfully play a MP3-file. Fantastic. But what's in the library files, what is in libevent.a, liblinked_lists.a and libwindow9.a ? Are these PureBasic library files? For instance the function “ButtonGadget” is not mentioned in the MSDN-website, is it a Purebasic function? I can't read Russian, it would be nice to have the documentation in English.
Rens

Post by Rens »

@VANYA
I do not know how it works in VisualBasic. Did ImageGadget and ButtonImageGadget not fit?
No this does not fit. I always used a picturebox in visual basic as a sunken square with i could plot points onto. But i can draw a box with boxdraw and then plot on it with pixdraw and make lines on it with linedraw. Almost the same as i used to.

Link to a picture of a picturebox:
http://tinyurl.com/4l2td9a

Text from the internet about a picturebox

Code: Select all

The PictureBox Control

PictureBox controls are among the most powerful and complex items in the Visual Basic Toolbox window. In a sense, these controls are more similar to forms than to other controls. For example, PictureBox controls support all the properties related to graphic output, including AutoRedraw, ClipControls, HasDC, FontTransparent, CurrentX, CurrentY, and all the Drawxxxx, Fillxxxx, and Scalexxxx properties. PictureBox controls also support all graphic methods, such as Cls, PSet, Point, Line, and Circle and conversion methods, such as ScaleX, ScaleY, TextWidth, and TextHeight. In other words, all the techniques that I described for forms can also be used for PictureBox controls (and therefore won't be covered again in this section).

The only control that i really miss is a ScrollBar.
Would you mind if i ask for it? ( Please, please, please )

@kwabbernoot

I think VANYA wouldn't mind if i answer some questions for him.

About a buttongadget:
For instance the function “ButtonGadget” is not mentioned in the MSDN-website, is it a Purebasic function?
A gadget is a control so ButtonGadget is just a name for a control. Google for button and you can get this link http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... S.85).aspx

If you open the HTML file named helpwindow9.chm then you see russian and an example code. You don't have to read russian because the samples are in english. Run them to see wat can be done with it.

Why is it important what's inside the library files? I am certain it contains a lot of windows api calls. I think it's better to 'hide' this code in library's.
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

The library is written in freeBASIC. You can check the source code link in the first post. I got the hundreds of warning messages when I compiled the library itself using the supplied batch file. FBEdit will NOT compile it at all. It freezes when it is in the middle of compiling, so the only way to compile it is to use the batch file.

That being said, I decided to try cleaning up some of the warning messages. So far I have found only one waring I could not CAST away. It was a place where a WinAPI POINT data type was supposed to be used. For some reason, FB will not CAST to that data type. All others seem avoidable.

If you want I can post the changes I made, or I can email them to you VANYA. Or I can just drop the whole thing and stop worrying about it.

The reason warning are there is because it is possibly dangerous. It is working properly now, but there is no guarantee that it will work properly under different circumstances.
Last edited by Imortis on Feb 17, 2011 5:23, edited 1 time in total.
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

it would be nice to have the documentation in English.
I'm very bad speak English.
Can i wait for a picture gadget like in visual basic?
Let us until we pay attention to a complex control, because without them a lot of things need to :).
If you want I can post the changes I made, or I can email them to you VANYA. Or I can just drop the whole thing and stop worrying about it.
Put here please corrected, and thank you to all that you are interested in this project.
Rens

Post by Rens »

Oops, I have not seen the download link for the sources of the project.

I asked for a scrollbar. With the help of the source files, i now have a version which already shows a scrollbar on a window. There are things that doesn't work (yet). I'm working on that.
Info for scrollbars at: http://www.functionx.com/win32/controls/scrollbars.htm

Maybe i need some help with the events for it.

Ps:

If i could make a main window and a second window and let this second window be a child of the main window. Set the style of this second window sunken and plot and draw onto it, it is the same as the picturebox from visual basic. I have to look into this.

If i was good in english and in russian then i would do the translation, but my native language is Dutch, so it wouldn't be well enough.

@Imortis

When compiling i get hundreds of error messages too. I thought it was at compiling the examples. My mistake, stupid, sorry.

Please send the updated codes to VANYA so he can distibute it.
Thank you in advance.
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

Rens!

scrollbars I have plans for future developments. And most likely it will not be in the next update. In the next update, I devised else. Sorry I can not help you soon.

PS I knew about the error output at compile time, so if that could fix it. While it would be nice if Imortis helped.
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

I have cleaned up these files:

"2D_Draw.bas"
"AddComboBoxImageItem.bas"
"AddComboBoxItem.bas"
"AddListBoxItem.bas"
"AddListViewColumn.bas"
"AddListViewItem.bas"
"ButtonGadget.bas"
"ButtonImageGadget.bas"
"CalendarGadget.bas"
"CalEv.bas"
"CenterWindow.bas"
"CheckBoxGadget.bas"
"CheckItemMenu.bas"
"ClearClipBoard.bas"
"WindowBackgroundImage.bas"
"WindowBounds.bas"
"WindowColor.bas"
"WindowWidth.bas"

Do you want me to get them all or just zip up those and post a link? Or should I post the code here?
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

Imortis wrote:I have cleaned up these files:

"2D_Draw.bas"
"AddComboBoxImageItem.bas"
"AddComboBoxItem.bas"
"AddListBoxItem.bas"
"AddListViewColumn.bas"
"AddListViewItem.bas"
"ButtonGadget.bas"
"ButtonImageGadget.bas"
"CalendarGadget.bas"
"CalEv.bas"
"CenterWindow.bas"
"CheckBoxGadget.bas"
"CheckItemMenu.bas"
"ClearClipBoard.bas"
"WindowBackgroundImage.bas"
"WindowBounds.bas"
"WindowColor.bas"
"WindowWidth.bas"

Do you want me to get them all or just zip up those and post a link? Or should I post the code here?
You can post a corrected where you want. I can download from any place where I have access as a user.
As for how many files you modify, I will be happy anyway. The more help me with this problem, the more time I will have to produce new functions. In any case, thanks for your help!
Kwabbernoot

Post by Kwabbernoot »

There is a way to get documentation. Download a free demo windows pb version. Retain file “purebasic.chm” and remove the rest (via uninstall). Many names and arguments of the GUI functions are identical to the functions Vanya produced.
Free demo
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

There is a way to get documentation. Download a free demo windows pb version. Retain file “purebasic.chm” and remove the rest (via uninstall). Many names and arguments of the GUI functions are identical to the functions Vanya produced.
I do not think it's a good idea. The fact is that even though the functions are similar in name, they all still have a difference in the parameters, sometimes even serious differences!
super_castle

Post by super_castle »

why is this with (rs232) comport-seriell ???
gruss
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

Code: Select all

2D_Draw.bas(143) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 2 of POLYLINE()
ColorRequester.bas(26) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
EVENT.bas(146) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
EVENT.bas(149) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
Extract_Icon.bas(21) warning 3(1): Passing different pointer types, at parameter 2 of GDIPCREATEHBITMAPFROMBITMAP()
FontRequester.bas(37) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of CREATEFONTINDIRECT()
GadgetToolTip.bas(17) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 9 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
GadgetToolTip.bas(28) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
GadgetToolTip.bas(31) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
GadgetToolTip.bas(32) warning 2(1): Passing pointer to scalar, at parameter 4 of SENDMESSAGE()
GadgetToolTip.bas(36) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
GadgetToolTip.bas(40) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
GadgetToolTip.bas(42) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
GadgetToolTip.bas(42) warning 2(1): Passing pointer to scalar, at parameter 4 of SENDMESSAGE()
GadgetToolTip.bas(43) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
GadgetToolTip.bas(45) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
GadgetToolTip.bas(47) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
GadgetToolTip.bas(47) warning 2(1): Passing pointer to scalar, at parameter 4 of SENDMESSAGE()
GadgetToolTip.bas(52) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
GadgetToolTip.bas(54) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
GadgetToolTip.bas(57) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
GadgetToolTip.bas(59) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
GadgetToolTip.bas(61) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
GadgetToolTip.bas(62) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
GadgetToolTip.bas(62) warning 2(1): Passing pointer to scalar, at parameter 4 of SENDMESSAGE()
GadgetToolTip.bas(63) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
GetSpecialFolder.bas(5) warning 3(1): Passing different pointer types, at parameter 3 of SHGETSPECIALFOLDERLOCATION()
GetSpecialFolder.bas(6) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SHGETPATHFROMIDLIST()
GetTempDir.bas(5) warning 3(1): Passing different pointer types, at parameter 2 of GETTEMPPATH()
GetToolBarTextButton.bas(5) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
GetToolBarTextButton.bas(5) warning 2(1): Passing pointer to scalar, at parameter 4 of SENDMESSAGE()
GetTopIndexListBox.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
GetTrackBarPos.bas(6) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
GetWindowsDir.bas(5) warning 3(1): Passing different pointer types, at parameter 1 of GETWINDOWSDIRECTORY()
Grab_Image.bas(16) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of GDIPCREATEBITMAPFROMHBITMAP()
Grab_Image.bas(22) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
GroupGadget.bas(7) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 9 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
GroupGadget.bas(7) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 10 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
GroupGadget.bas(13) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
HideGadget.bas(5) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SHOWWINDOW()
HideGadget.bas(7) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SHOWWINDOW()
HideGadget.bas(9) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
HideMenu.bas(5) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SETMENU()
HideMenu.bas(7) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SETMENU()
HideMenu.bas(7) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 2 of SETMENU()
HideMenu.bas(10) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
HideWindow.bas(8) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
ImageGadget.bas(7) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 9 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
ImageGadget.bas(7) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 10 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
ImageGadget.bas(7) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
ImageGadget.bas(9) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 9 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
ImageGadget.bas(9) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 10 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
ImageGadget.bas(9) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
ImageGadget.bas(12) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
ImageGadget.bas(14) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 2 of ADDIN9999()
Insert_Menu.bas(3) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of INSERTMENU()
Insert_Menu.bas(4) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
Insert_Menu.bas(6) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of INSERTMENU()
Insert_Menu.bas(6) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 5 of INSERTMENU()
Insert_Menu.bas(7) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
IpAddressGadget.bas(8) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 9 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
IpAddressGadget.bas(8) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 10 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
IpAddressGadget.bas(13) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
LenItemTextComboBox.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
LenItemTextListBox.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
ListBoxGadget.bas(7) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 9 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
ListBoxGadget.bas(7) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 10 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
ListBoxGadget.bas(13) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
ListViewGadget.bas(13) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 9 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
ListViewGadget.bas(13) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 10 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
ListViewGadget.bas(20) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
ListViewGadget.bas(21) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 2 of ADDIN9999()
ListViewGadget.bas(26) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
Load_Image.bas(27) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
LoadFont.bas(10) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
LoadMovie.bas(31) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
LoadMovie.bas(41) warning 2(1): Passing pointer to scalar, at parameter 2 of function(byval as IVIDEOWINDOW ptr, byval as integer) as long
LoadMovie.bas(44) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
LoadMovie.bas(60) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
LoadMovie.bas(63) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
LoadMovie.bas(69) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
LoadMovie.bas(80) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
LoadMovie.bas(86) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
LoadMovie.bas(89) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
LoadMovie.bas(92) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
LoadMovie.bas(98) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
LoadMovie.bas(104) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
LoadMovie.bas(112) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
LoadMovie.bas(118) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
LoadMovie.bas(125) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
LoadMovie.bas(132) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
LoadMovie.bas(139) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
LoadMovie.bas(145) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
LoadMovie.bas(151) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
LoadMovie.bas(158) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
LoadMovie.bas(161) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
LoadMovie.bas(162) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 3 of function(byval as IBASICVIDEO ptr, byval as integer ptr, byval as integer ptr) as long
LoadMovie.bas(180) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
LoadMovie.bas(181) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of RTLMOVEMEMORY()
LoadMovie.bas(182) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of RTLMOVEMEMORY()
LoadMovie.bas(183) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of RTLMOVEMEMORY()
LoadMovie.bas(183) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 2 of RTLMOVEMEMORY()
LoadMovie.bas(185) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
LoadMovie.bas(192) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
LoadMovie.bas(196) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
MenuBar.bas(3) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of APPENDMENU()
MenuBar.bas(4) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
MenuItem.bas(3) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of APPENDMENU()
MenuItem.bas(6) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of APPENDMENU()
MenuItem.bas(6) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 4 of APPENDMENU()
MenuTitle.bas(5) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of INSERTMENU()
MenuTitle.bas(6) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SETMENU()
MenuTitle.bas(6) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 2 of SETMENU()
MenuTitle.bas(7) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
Modify_MENU.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of MODIFYMENU()
Modify_MENU.bas(6) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of MODIFYMENU()
Modify_MENU.bas(9) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
Modify_MENU.bas(12) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of MODIFYMENU()
Modify_MENU.bas(12) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 5 of MODIFYMENU()
Modify_MENU.bas(14) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of MODIFYMENU()
Modify_MENU.bas(14) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 5 of MODIFYMENU()
Modify_MENU.bas(16) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
MoveDir.bas(10) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
MoveDir.bas(11) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
NextSelectedFilename.bas(17) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
Open_File.bas(4) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
OpenFileRequester.bas(49) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
OpenSubMenu.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of INSERTMENU()
OpenSubMenu.bas(4) warning 2(1): Passing pointer to scalar, at parameter 4 of INSERTMENU()
OpenSubMenu.bas(5) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
OptionGadget.bas(7) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 9 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
OptionGadget.bas(7) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 10 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
OptionGadget.bas(13) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
ProgressBarGadget.bas(9) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 9 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
ProgressBarGadget.bas(9) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 10 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
ProgressBarGadget.bas(15) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
ProgressBarGadget.bas(18) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
ProgressBarGadget.bas(19) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
Read_Byte.bas(5) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of READFILE()
Read_Byte.bas(5) warning 3(1): Passing different pointer types, at parameter 4 of READFILE()
Read_Character.bas(5) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of READFILE()
Read_Character.bas(5) warning 3(1): Passing different pointer types, at parameter 4 of READFILE()
Read_Data.bas(7) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of READFILE()
Read_Data.bas(8) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
Read_Double.bas(5) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of READFILE()
Read_Double.bas(5) warning 3(1): Passing different pointer types, at parameter 4 of READFILE()
Read_File.bas(4) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
Read_Integer.bas(5) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of READFILE()
Read_LONGINT.bas(5) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of READFILE()
Read_LONGINT.bas(5) warning 3(1): Passing different pointer types, at parameter 4 of READFILE()
Read_Single.bas(5) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of READFILE()
Read_Single.bas(5) warning 3(1): Passing different pointer types, at parameter 4 of READFILE()
Read_String.bas(7) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of READFILE()
Read_String.bas(7) warning 3(1): Passing different pointer types, at parameter 4 of READFILE()
Read_WORD.bas(5) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of READFILE()
Read_WORD.bas(5) warning 3(1): Passing different pointer types, at parameter 4 of READFILE()
REGCLASS.bas(5) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
REGCLASS.bas(17) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
REGCLASS.bas(20) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
REGCLASS.bas(23) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
REGCLASS.bas(32) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
RenameDir.bas(10) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
RenameDir.bas(11) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
ReplaceImageListView.bas(5) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of IMAGELIST_REPLACE()
ReplaceImageListView.bas(5) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 3 of IMAGELIST_REPLACE()
ReplaceImageListView.bas(6) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
ReplaceTextColumnListView.bas(9) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
ReplaceTextColumnListView.bas(9) warning 2(1): Passing pointer to scalar, at parameter 4 of SENDMESSAGE()
ReplaceTextColumnListView.bas(10) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
ReplaceTextItemListView.bas(9) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
ReplaceTextItemListView.bas(9) warning 2(1): Passing pointer to scalar, at parameter 4 of SENDMESSAGE()
ReplaceTextItemListView.bas(10) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
ResetAllComboBox.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
ResetAllListBox.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
ResizeGadget.bas(10) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of GETWINDOWRECT()
ResizeGadget.bas(11) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of GETPARENT()
ResizeGadget.bas(30) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of MOVEWINDOW()
ResizeWindow.bas(6) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of GETWINDOWRECT()
ResizeWindow.bas(19) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of MOVEWINDOW()
RunProgram.bas(5) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
Save_image.bas(31) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of GDIPCREATEBITMAPFROMHBITMAP()
Set_File_Pointer.bas(3) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SETFILEPOINTER()
SetButtonToolBarState.bas(5) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetButtonToolBarState.bas(12) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetButtonToolBarState.bas(14) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetClipBoardImage.bas(5) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of COPYIMAGE()
SetClipBoardImage.bas(5) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
SetClipBoardText.bas(10) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
SetColumnWidthListBox.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetColumnWidthListView.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetGadgetAttribute.bas(6) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of GADGETCLASS()
SetGadgetAttribute.bas(8) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetGadgetAttribute.bas(10) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetGadgetAttribute.bas(15) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
SetGadgetFont.bas(11) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetGadgetState.bas(7) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of GADGETCLASS()
SetGadgetState.bas(8) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetGadgetState.bas(9) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of GADGETCLASS()
SetGadgetState.bas(10) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetGadgetState.bas(13) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetGadgetState.bas(15) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetGadgetState.bas(17) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetGadgetState.bas(20) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
SetGadgetText.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SETWINDOWTEXT()
SetGadgetText.bas(5) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
SetImageGadget.bas(5) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of GETCLASSNAME()
SetImageGadget.bas(5) warning 3(1): Passing different pointer types, at parameter 2 of GETCLASSNAME()
SetImageGadget.bas(7) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetImageGadget.bas(9) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetImageGadget.bas(11) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
SetIpAddress.bas(25) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetItemComboBox.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetItemListBox.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetSelectManyItem.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetStateCalendar.bas(18) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetStateCalendar.bas(18) warning 2(1): Passing pointer to scalar, at parameter 4 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetStateCalendar.bas(19) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
SetStateMenu.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of CHECKMENUITEM()
SetStateMenu.bas(6) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of ENABLEMENUITEM()
SetStateMenu.bas(8) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of ENABLEMENUITEM()
SetStateMenu.bas(10) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of CHECKMENUITEM()
SetStateMenu.bas(11) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of ENABLEMENUITEM()
SetStateMenu.bas(13) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
SetToolBarButtonSize.bas(5) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetToolBarButtonSize.bas(6) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetToolBarToolTipColor.bas(6) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetToolBarToolTipColor.bas(6) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetToolBarToolTipColor.bas(8) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetToolBarToolTipColor.bas(8) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetToolBarToolTipColor.bas(10) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetToolBarToolTipColor.bas(10) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetToolBarToolTipColor.bas(11) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetToolBarToolTipColor.bas(11) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetToolBarToolTipColor.bas(13) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
SetToolBarToolTipFont.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetToolBarToolTipFont.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetToolBarToolTipFont.bas(5) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
SetTopIndexListBox.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetTrackBarPos.bas(6) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetTrackBarPos.bas(9) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetTrackBarPos.bas(12) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SetTransparentWindow.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SETWINDOWLONG()
SetTransparentWindow.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of GETWINDOWLONG()
SetTransparentWindow.bas(5) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SETLAYEREDWINDOWATTRIBUTES()
SetWindowTop.bas(5) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SETWINDOWPOS()
SetWindowTop.bas(7) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SETWINDOWPOS()
ShowListComboBox.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
SIZE_AND_COPY.bas(7) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of GETOBJECT()
SIZE_AND_COPY.bas(13) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of GETOBJECT()
SIZE_AND_COPY.bas(18) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of COPYIMAGE()
SIZE_AND_COPY.bas(18) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
SIZE_AND_COPY.bas(24) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of COPYIMAGE()
SIZE_AND_COPY.bas(24) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
Size_File.bas(3) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of GETFILESIZE()
SpinGadget.bas(9) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 9 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
SpinGadget.bas(10) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 6 of CREATEUPDOWNCONTROL()
SpinGadget.bas(18) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
StringGadget.bas(7) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 9 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
StringGadget.bas(7) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 10 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
StringGadget.bas(13) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
TextGadget.bas(7) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 9 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
TextGadget.bas(7) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 10 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
TextGadget.bas(13) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
ToolBarToolTip.bas(99) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
TrackBarGadget.bas(8) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 9 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
TrackBarGadget.bas(8) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 10 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
TrackBarGadget.bas(13) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
UpdateItem.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of SENDMESSAGE()
Window9.bas(187) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
Window9.bas(191) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
Window9.bas(204) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
Window9.bas(219) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 9 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
Window9.bas(219) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 10 of CREATEWINDOWEX()
Window9.bas(221) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
Window9.bas(225) warning 5(0): Implicit conversion
Window9.bas(232) warning 2(1): Passing pointer to scalar, at parameter 1 (valueI) of ADDLASTIN10()
Window9.bas(233) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
Window9.bas(235) warning 2(1): Passing pointer to scalar, at parameter 1 (valueI) of ADDLASTIN10()
Window9.bas(238) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
Window9.bas(241) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
Window9.bas(249) warning 2(1): Passing pointer to scalar, at parameter 1 (id) of FINDBYID10()
Window9.bas(251) warning 2(1): Passing pointer to scalar, at parameter 1 (id) of FINDBYID10()
Window9.bas(270) warning 2(1): Passing pointer to scalar, at parameter 1 (id) of FINDBYID10()
Window9.bas(272) warning 2(1): Passing pointer to scalar, at parameter 1 (id) of FINDBYID10()
Window9.bas(274) warning 2(1): Passing pointer to scalar, at parameter 1 (id) of FINDBYID10()
Window9.bas(275) warning 2(1): Passing pointer to scalar, at parameter 1 (id) of FINDBYID10()
Window9.bas(277) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
Window9.bas(284) warning 2(1): Passing pointer to scalar, at parameter 1 (ida) of REMOVECOLOR()
Window9.bas(287) warning 14(0): Function result was not explicitly set
WindowHeight.bas(5) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of GETWINDOWRECT()
WindowX.bas(5) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of GETWINDOWRECT()
WindowY.bas(5) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of GETWINDOWRECT()
Write_Byte.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of WRITEFILE()
Write_Character.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of WRITEFILE()
Write_Data.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of WRITEFILE()
Write_Data.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 2 of WRITEFILE()
Write_Double.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of WRITEFILE()
Write_Integer.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of WRITEFILE()
Write_Longint.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of WRITEFILE()
Write_Single.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of WRITEFILE()
Write_String.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of WRITEFILE()
Write_StringN.bas(6) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of WRITEFILE()
Write_StringN.bas(7) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of WRITEFILE()
Write_StringN.bas(8) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of WRITEFILE()
Write_Word.bas(4) warning 1(1): Passing scalar as pointer, at parameter 1 of WRITEFILE()
305 warnings left.

http://jafile.com/uploads/imortisinglorian/fbgui2.zip

There it is with the changes I made. Please test it to make sure everything works. There are some cases where the casting may cause you to loose info. but if that is the case, it should not have worked in the first place... I think...
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

Warnings will still get out. Probably still have to edit myself. Thank you for your willingness to help
Merick

Post by Merick »

Anyone still having trouble compiling the library with FbEdit? I made an FbEdit library project out of the files and it compiled it fine.
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

Still crashes FBEdit for me. I can compile the modules, but if I try to compile the whole thing, it will crash.