Want and easy to use OpenGL 2D rendering engine?
Well here it is...
Easy GL2D V 0.7
Easy GL2D is a very simple 2D OpenGL rendering engine.
It is made with two simple things in mind: Speed and ease of use.
Everything is function based so just about any programming
design pattern can be used in conjunction with easy GL2D.
Relminator(Richard Eric M. Lope) 08/19/2010 | 02/14/2012 | 09/30/2012
*Use this with my texture packer and it would
be very easy to grab tiles from a tileset.
Easy to use
No dependencies except FreeBASIC, OpenGL, GLU
OpenGL states(color, AA, blending, etc) can be applied to any primitive or sprite.
Able to support standard FBGFX BMPs in any bitdepth >= 8
Portable(even has a Nintendo DS port, actually the DS version is the first one I made so this is the port)
Author is lazy
* See the examples if you like it.
How to use:
1. You can use it as a "module"
* just include FBGL2D7.BI and link with FBGL2D7.bas
2. You can also use Easy GL2D as part of your source file
* just include FBGL2D7.BAS and FBGL2D7.BI then code away.
* See the reference in the /Docs section for more details
Code: Select all
Update ver 0.7 (BIG Change!)
- Changed calling convention so that the CPP, DS and FB versions
share the the same calls and convention
- Cleaner and better stream-lined API
- Font stuff
- Lots of stuff I couldn't remember
- Better docs (Doxygen and Chm)
- No cast needed for using FB.Image sprites
Update ver 0.6
- ALPHA mode
Update ver 0.5
1. pixel inconsistency in sprite rendering
2. Filled primitive stuff discrepancy
Made a version compatible with FB.IMAGE
This version by far is the easiest to use since you don't need to cast() fb.images. ie. You can use GL2D as you would FBGFX now.
Also has a sexier doc these days.
Na_than's minigame I ported from QB to FB using gl2d.
Textures and its corresponding BI files are made by my texture packer:
With this texture packer and easy GL2D, it's easier render HW than FBGFX SW.