FB debugger : 3.02 32/64 BIT WDS/LNX..... (2023/07/05)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
wallyg

Re: FB debugger : 2.98.1 32/64 BIT ..... (2021/01/30)

Post by wallyg »

I do not have a 32-bit version of gtk so I cannot try 32-bit mode.

I used C:\FB\FreeBASIC-1.08.1-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\fbc -g -s gui -gen GAS64 "DSS.bas"

And then tried your new version of the debugger v3beta.

The output window contains lots of

Proc =
End of proc

Followed by

Loading 0
Loading 197

Then lots of
debug-event ... Stopcode = 0

statements Intermixed with lots of

Debug Event Exception adr= 140736...
--------------------------------------------
Exception Breakpoint 140736...

Finally, a window appears with title debug string

onecore\com\combase\dcomrem\resolver.cxx(2299)\combase.dll!00007fffd0eb206d: (called: 00007FFFD0EB4F4e) ReturnHR(1)tid(2d64) 80070422
The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

I hit OK and similar messages keep coming with different addresses.

My program which starts with

Code: Select all

Screen 21
Print "Start"
Sleep 5000
never seems to execute (at least no window appears with the "Start" message).

The Proc/Var window seems to indicate that nothing is initialized yet (everything is zero).

The left screen displays the file containing the Constructor/Destructor/other routines for a "TYPE Chain" UDT and highlights the first line of a constructor. I suspect that this is the first Constructor executed. I moved a few lines around and each time it highlights the first line of a different constructor.

I am not sure how to proceed from here. I will continue to study the initial startup code to see if I can find anything. But cannot see how anything I have done could cause these problems.

For giggles, I took -g off of the compiler call, and to my surprise, the window with "Start" appeared, and then the Gtk screen from Glade appeared looking good for something executing for the first time.

So maybe this needs to be turned into an error report on bad information being generated by -g?

There is no easy way to turn this large program into anything smaller to test.

Wally G
SARG

Post by SARG »

Thanks for using fbdebugger beta. As it's WIP there are a lot of information displayed in the console window.

The debug string window shows you information send by your program, not your code but by the libraries. It's a Windows feature. Usually not visible except with a debugger.

-g only adds new sections (debug data like var names/addresses, line addresses, etc) in the exe but doesn't change anything in the executable part. So it's not the reason of problem. Unlike -exx which adds code.

If you could send me (by PM) logs, source code and exe I could try to understand what is happening. Thanks in advance.

---------------------------------------------------------
Unrelated
@all
fbdebugger for linux is on a good track, I hope release something soon as many features are ready.
If you are in hurry for testing it just ask me I'll post all it's needed.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Post by Xusinboy Bekchanov »

SARG wrote: Unrelated
@all
fbdebugger for linux is on a good track, I hope release something soon as many features are ready.
If you are in hurry for testing it just ask me I'll post all it's needed.
Send it please, we will test.
SARG

Post by SARG »

https://users.freebasic-portal.de/sarg/ ... inux64.zip
I hope forgetting nothing.

For 64bit only (could work on 32bit but not tested).
If you compile your own version, just compile fbdebugger_new.bas all other sources will be included.

As usually feel free to report any problem.
And it's WIP so a lot of displays in terminal and some operations are not yet optimised so with big programs it could be long.
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

Hi All

SARG, can you tell us your compiler options for Linux ?
Getting lots of errors trying to compile.

fbc -w all "fbdebugger_new.bas" (in directory: /home/dinosaur/FBDebugger/source)
/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/SAX.bi(72) error 59: Illegal specification, at parameter 1 (hdlr) of initxmlDefaultSAXHandler() in 'declare sub initxmlDefaultSAXHandler(byval hdlr as xmlSAXHandlerV1 ptr, byval warning as long)'
/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/SAX.bi(73) error 59: Illegal specification, at parameter 1 (hdlr) of inithtmlDefaultSAXHandler() in 'declare sub inithtmlDefaultSAXHandler(byval hdlr as xmlSAXHandlerV1 ptr)'
/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/SAX.bi(74) error 59: Illegal specification, at parameter 1 (hdlr) of initdocbDefaultSAXHandler() in 'declare sub initdocbDefaultSAXHandler(byval hdlr as xmlSAXHandlerV1 ptr)'
/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/globals.bi(41) error 59: Illegal specification, at parameter 2 (enc) in 'type xmlParserInputBufferCreateFilenameFunc as function(byval URI as const zstring ptr, byval enc as xmlCharEncoding) as xmlParserInputBufferPtr'
/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/globals.bi(42) error 59: Illegal specification, at parameter 2 (encoder) in 'type xmlOutputBufferCreateFilenameFunc as function(byval URI as const zstring ptr, byval encoder as xmlCharEncodingHandlerPtr, byval compression as long) as xmlOutputBufferPtr'
/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/globals.bi(86) error 71: Incomplete type in 'xmlDefaultSAXLocator as xmlSAXLocator'
/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/globals.bi(87) error 14: Expected identifier, found 'xmlSAXHandlerV1' in 'xmlDefaultSAXHandler as xmlSAXHandlerV1'
/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/globals.bi(94) error 14: Expected identifier, found 'xmlGenericErrorFunc' in 'xmlGenericError as xmlGenericErrorFunc'
/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/globals.bi(114) error 14: Expected identifier, found 'xmlError' in 'xmlLastError as xmlError'
/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/globals.bi(127) error 59: Illegal specification, at parameter 2 (handler) of xmlThrDefSetGenericErrorFunc() in 'declare sub xmlThrDefSetGenericErrorFunc(byval ctx as any ptr, byval handler as xmlGenericErrorFunc)'
/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/globals.bi(127) error 133: Too many errors, exiting
Compilation failed.
Regards
SARG

Post by SARG »

Hi Dinosaur,
Dinosaur wrote:can you tell us your compiler options for Linux ?
I use a command line like yours (I just add -exx because WIP and -v for getting max information).

What version of FBC 1.08/1.09, 32 or 64bit ?
Maybe an issue with GTK.

I requested some help from VANYA as he masters linux's stuff better than me.

BTW since 14th october many fixes (much more stable version) and improvements. For now I'm working on multi-threaded programs but I can release a test version.

edit : I suggest to compile with -v and -showincludes
Last edited by SARG on Nov 30, 2021 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

Hi All

fbc -v -exx -w all "fbdebugger_new.bas" (in directory: /home/dinosaur/FBDebugger/source)
FreeBASIC Compiler - Version 1.08.1 (2021-07-08), built for linux-x86_64 (64bit)
Copyright (C) 2004-2021 The FreeBASIC development team.
target:       linux-x86_64, x86-64, 64bit
backend:      gcc
compiling:    fbdebugger_new.bas -o fbdebugger_new.c (main module)
This is on Linux Mint 19.3

GTK

ii  libgtk-3-0:amd64             3.22.30-1ubuntu4  amd64        GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii  libgtk-3-bin                 3.22.30-1ubuntu4  amd64        programs for the GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii  libgtk-3-common              3.22.30-1ubuntu4  all          common files for the GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii  libgtk2-perl                 2:1.24992-1build1 amd64        Perl interface to the 2.x series of the Gimp Toolkit library
ii  libgtk2.0-0:amd64            2.24.32-1ubuntu1  amd64        GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii  libgtk2.0-bin                2.24.32-1ubuntu1  amd64        programs for the GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii  libgtk2.0-common             2.24.32-1ubuntu1  all          common files for the GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii  libgtk3-perl                 0.032-1           all          Perl bindings for the GTK+ graphical user interface library
Rather then pushing ahead with this, I will wait till things settle a bit and you can bring out a version more complete and tested.

Regards
SARG

Post by SARG »

What I get with -showincludes, there is no libxml/sax.bi

fbc "/home/laurent/Documents/fbdbgnew/fbdebugger_new.bas" -v  -maxerr "inf" -showincludes

FreeBASIC Compiler - Version 1.08.1 (2021-07-08), built for linux-x86_64 (64bit)
Copyright (C) 2004-2021 The FreeBASIC development team.
target:       linux-x86_64, x86-64, 64bit
backend:      gcc
compiling:    /home/laurent/Documents/fbdbgnew/fbdebugger_new.bas -o /home/laurent/Documents/fbdbgnew/fbdebugger_new.c (main module)
fbdebugger_new.bas
 |  dbg_defines.bi
 |   |  window9.bi
 |   |   |  keys.bi
 |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/dir.bi
 |   |   |  gtk/gtk.bi
 |   |   |   |  gtk/gtk2.bi
 |   |   |   |   |  gdk/gdk2.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/long.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |  gio/gio.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |  glib-object.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/long.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  glib.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/long.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/longdouble.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  glibconfig.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/long.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/limits.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/time.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stddef.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/sys/types.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stddef.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/sys/linux/types.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stddef.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/long.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/time.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stddef.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/linux/time.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/long.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdarg.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/sys/types.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/pthread.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/long.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/sched.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/sys/types.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stddef.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/time.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/bits/sched.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/long.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/time.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/bits/pthreadtypes.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/long.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/bits/wordsize.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/bits/wordsize.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/sys/types.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (glib.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |  gmodule.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (glib.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |  cairo/cairo.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/long.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |  (glib.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |  pango/pango.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (glib-object.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdio.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stddef.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdarg.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/linux/stdio.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |  (glib-object.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |  gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (glib-object.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (gio/gio.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdio.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (gmodule.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |  pango/pangocairo.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (pango/pango.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (cairo/cairo.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |  (glib-object.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |  (glib.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |  atk/atk.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |  (glib-object.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |  (glib.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |  (gio/gio.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |  (gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |  (pango/pango.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |  (cairo/cairo.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/time.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdarg.bi)
 |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdio.bi)
 |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/string.bi
 |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stddef.bi)
 |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/mem.bi
 |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stddef.bi)
 |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdlib.bi
 |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/long.bi)
 |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/linux/stdlib.bi
 |   |   |  zlib.bi
 |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdarg.bi)
 |   |   |  X11/Xlib.bi
 |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/sys/types.bi)
 |   |   |   |  X11/X.bi
 |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/long.bi)
 |   |   |   |  X11/Xfuncproto.bi
 |   |   |   |  X11/Xosdefs.bi
 |   |   |  GL/gl.bi
 |   |   |   |  GL/mesa/gl.bi
 |   |   |   |   |  GL/mesa/glext.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |  (GL/mesa/gl.bi)
 |   |   |  GL/glu.bi
 |   |   |   |  GL/mesa/glu.bi
 |   |   |   |   |  (GL/mesa/gl.bi)
 |   |   |  extwstring.bi
 |   |   |  (GL/gl.bi)
 |   |   |  (GL/glu.bi)
 |   |  scintilla.bi
 |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/long.bi)
 |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdint.bi
 |   |  SciLexer.bi
 |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/file.bi
 |  dbg_gui.bas
 |  dbg_tools.bas
 |  dbg_brk.bas
 |  dbg_extract.bas
 |  dbg_proc.bas
 |  dbg_actions.bas
 |  dbg_linux.bas
 |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt.bi
 |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/string.bi)
 |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/math.bi
 |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/time.bi)
 |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/wchar.bi
 |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdio.bi)
 |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdlib.bi)
 |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/string.bi)
 |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/time.bi)
 |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/sys/types.bi)
 |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/linux/wchar.bi
 |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdio.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdarg.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stddef.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/long.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdint.bi)
 |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/ctype.bi
 |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/linux/ctype.bi
 |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/sys/types.bi)
 |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdlib.bi)
 |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdio.bi)
 |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/fcntl.bi
 |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/linux/fcntl.bi
 |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/sys/types.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/sys/uio.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/sys/types.bi)
 |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/errno.bi
 |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/linux/unistd.bi
 |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/long.bi)
 |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/sys/types.bi)
 |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stddef.bi)
 |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/linux/fcntl.bi
compiling C:  gcc -m64 -march=x86-64 -S -nostdlib -nostdinc -Wall -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unused-function -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-main -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -O0 -fno-strict-aliasing -frounding-math -fno-math-errno -fwrapv -fno-exceptions -fno-unwind-tables -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -Wno-format -masm=intel "/home/laurent/Documents/fbdbgnew/fbdebugger_new.c" -o "/home/laurent/Documents/fbdbgnew/fbdebugger_new.asm"
assembling:   as --64 --strip-local-absolute "/home/laurent/Documents/fbdbgnew/fbdebugger_new.asm" -o "/home/laurent/Documents/fbdbgnew/fbdebugger_new.o"
linking:      ld -m elf_x86_64 -o "/home/laurent/Documents/fbdbgnew/fbdebugger_new" -dynamic-linker /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 -T "/usr/local/bin/../lib/freebasic/linux-x86_64/fbextra.x" -s -L "/usr/local/bin/../lib/freebasic/linux-x86_64" -L "." -L "/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8" "/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/crt1.o" "/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/crti.o" "/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8/crtbegin.o" "/usr/local/bin/../lib/freebasic/linux-x86_64/fbrt0.o" "/home/laurent/Documents/fbdbgnew/fbdebugger_new.o" "-(" -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -lgio-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -lcairo -lpango-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lpangocairo-1.0 -latk-1.0 -lz -lGL -lGLU -lwindow9 -lX11 -lscintilla -lfbmt -ltinfo -lm -ldl -lpthread -lgcc -lgcc_eh -lc "-)" "/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8/crtend.o" "/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/crtn.o" 

Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

Hi All

It is the only .bi file that is an Caps
| | | | | | | | | | | /usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/SAX.bi
Perhaps the problem is libxml version ?
Don't know what .bi file is calling for it.
Trying to find it.

Regards
SARG

Post by SARG »

post all the log.
Dinosaur wrote:Don't know what .bi file is calling for it.
In the tree you see what are the parent files.
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

Hi SARG

fbdebugger_new.bas
 |  dbg_defines.bi
 |   |  window9.bi
 |   |   |  keys.bi
 |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/xpath.bi
 |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/long.bi
 |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/xmlversion.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/xmlexports.bi
 |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/xmlerror.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/parser.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/long.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdarg.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/xmlversion.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/tree.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdio.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stddef.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdarg.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/linux/stdio.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/limits.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/xmlversion.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/xmlstring.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdarg.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/xmlversion.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/xmlregexp.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/xmlversion.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/tree.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/dict.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/limits.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/xmlversion.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/tree.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/xmlmemory.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdio.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/threads.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/xmlversion.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/globals.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/xmlversion.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/parser.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/xmlerror.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/SAX.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdio.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdlib.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/long.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stddef.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/linux/stdlib.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/xmlversion.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/parser.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/xlink.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/xmlversion.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/tree.bi)
/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/SAX.bi(72) error 59: Illegal specification, at parameter 1 (hdlr) of inithtmlDefaultSAXHandler() in 'declare sub inithtmlDefaultSAXHandler(byval hdlr as xmlSAXHandlerV1 ptr)'
/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/SAX.bi(73) error 59: Illegal specification, at parameter 1 (hdlr) of initdocbDefaultSAXHandler() in 'declare sub initdocbDefaultSAXHandler(byval hdlr as xmlSAXHandlerV1 ptr)'
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  /usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/SAX2.bi
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdio.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/crt/stdlib.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/xmlversion.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/parser.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/xlink.bi)
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/xmlmemory.bi)
/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/globals.bi(41) error 59: Illegal specification, at parameter 2 (enc) in 'type xmlParserInputBufferCreateFilenameFunc as function(byval URI as const zstring ptr, byval enc as xmlCharEncoding) as xmlParserInputBufferPtr'
/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/globals.bi(42) error 59: Illegal specification, at parameter 2 (encoder) in 'type xmlOutputBufferCreateFilenameFunc as function(byval URI as const zstring ptr, byval encoder as xmlCharEncodingHandlerPtr, byval compression as long) as xmlOutputBufferPtr'
/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/globals.bi(86) error 71: Incomplete type in 'xmlDefaultSAXLocator as xmlSAXLocator'
/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/globals.bi(87) error 14: Expected identifier, found 'xmlSAXHandlerV1' in 'xmlDefaultSAXHandler as xmlSAXHandlerV1'
/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/globals.bi(94) error 14: Expected identifier, found 'xmlGenericErrorFunc' in 'xmlGenericError as xmlGenericErrorFunc'
/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/globals.bi(114) error 14: Expected identifier, found 'xmlError' in 'xmlLastError as xmlError'
 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |  (/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/threads.bi)
/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/globals.bi(127) error 59: Illegal specification, at parameter 2 (handler) of xmlThrDefSetGenericErrorFunc() in 'declare sub xmlThrDefSetGenericErrorFunc(byval ctx as any ptr, byval handler as xmlGenericErrorFunc)'
/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/globals.bi(128) error 59: Illegal specification, at parameter 2 (handler) of xmlThrDefSetStructuredErrorFunc() in 'declare sub xmlThrDefSetStructuredErrorFunc(byval ctx as any ptr, byval handler as xmlStructuredErrorFunc)'
/usr/local/include/freebasic/libxml/globals.bi(128) error 133: Too many errors, exiting
Compilation failed.
SARG

Post by SARG »

Thanks. I will try to understand the issue.
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

Hi SARG

It appears I have different versions of keys.bi spread around my computer.
Your's seems to have /usr/local/include/freebasic/dir.bi as the first include which none of mine do.

If you can post the contents of your keys.bi I will give it one more go.

Regards
SARG

Post by SARG »

My keys.bi contains that. EDIT Our posts are crossed :-)
I don't remember where I found it. Maybe you could try with it if it's different.

#define FSHIFT GDK_SHIFT_MASK
#define FALT GDK_MOD1_MASK
#define FCONTROL GDK_CONTROL_MASK
#define FVIRTKEY 0

#define VK_A &h041
#define VK_B &h042
#define VK_C &h043
#define VK_D &h044
#define VK_E &h045
#define VK_F &h046
#define VK_G &h047
#define VK_H &h048
#define VK_I &h049
#define VK_J &h04a
#define VK_K &h04b
#define VK_L &h04c
#define VK_M &h04d
#define VK_N &h04e
#define VK_O &h04f
#define VK_P &h050
#define VK_Q &h051
#define VK_R &h052
#define VK_S &h053
#define VK_T &h054
#define VK_U &h055
#define VK_V &h056
#define VK_W &h057
#define VK_X &h058
#define VK_Y &h059
#define VK_Z &h05a
#define VK_F1 &hffbe
#define VK_F2 &hffbf
#define VK_F3 &hffc0
#define VK_F4 &hffc1
#define VK_F5 &hffc2
#define VK_F6 &hffc3
#define VK_F7 &hffc4
#define VK_F8 &hffc5
#define VK_F9 &hffc6
#define VK_F10 &hffc7
#define VK_F11 &hffc8
#define VK_F12 &hffc9
#define VK_F13 &hffca
#define VK_F14 &hffcb
#define VK_F15 &hffcc
#define VK_F16 &hffcd
#define VK_F17 &hffce
#define VK_F18 &hffcf
#define VK_F19 &hffd0
#define VK_F20 &hffd1
#define VK_F21 &hffd2
#define VK_F22 &hffd3
#define VK_F23 &hffd4
#define VK_F24 &hffd5
#define VK_Tab &hff09 ' DONT WORK
#define VK_Pause &hff13  ' DONT WORK
#define VK_Scroll &hff14 ' DONT WORK
#define VK_SNAPSHOT &hff15 ' DONT WORK
#define VK_Back &hff08
#define VK_Return &hff0d
#define VK_Escape &hff1b
#define VK_Delete &hffff
#define VK_Home &hff50
#define VK_Left &hff51 ' DONT WORK
#define VK_Up &hff52 ' DONT WORK
#define VK_Right &hff53 ' DONT WORK
#define VK_Down &hff54 ' DONT WORK
#define VK_PRIOR &hff55
#define VK_NEXT &hff56
#define VK_End &hff57
#define VK_Insert &hff63
#define VK_space &h020
#define VK_0 &h030
#define VK_1 &h031
#define VK_2 &h032
#define VK_3 &h033
#define VK_4 &h034
#define VK_5 &h035
#define VK_6 &h036
#define VK_7 &h037
#define VK_8 &h038
#define VK_9 &h039
#define VK_NUMPAD0 &hffb0
#define VK_NUMPAD1 &hffb1
#define VK_NUMPAD2 &hffb2
#define VK_NUMPAD3 &hffb3
#define VK_NUMPAD4 &hffb4
#define VK_NUMPAD5 &hffb5
#define VK_NUMPAD6 &hffb6
#define VK_NUMPAD7 &hffb7
#define VK_NUMPAD8 &hffb8
#define VK_NUMPAD9 &hffb9
#define VK_Multiply &hffaa
#define VK_Add &hffab
#define VK_Separator &hffac
#define VK_Subtract &hffad
#define VK_Decimal &hffae 
#define VK_Divide &hffaf
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

Sorry misread your include trace.
The source of the problem is the window9.bi file

Either way even your keys.bi is nothing like mine.
Keys.bi
'' FreeBASIC binding for libxslt-1.1.28
''
'' based on the C header files:
'' Copyright (C) 2001-2002 Daniel Veillard. All Rights Reserved.
''
'' Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
'' of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
'' in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
'' to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
'' copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is fur-
'' nished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
''
'' The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
'' all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
''
'' THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
'' IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FIT-
'' NESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
'' DANIEL VEILLARD BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER
'' IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CON-
'' NECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
''
'' Except as contained in this notice, the name of Daniel Veillard shall not
'' be used in advertising or otherwise to promote the sale, use or other deal-
'' ings in this Software without prior written authorization from him.
''
'' translated to FreeBASIC by:
'' Copyright © 2015 FreeBASIC development team

#pragma once

#include once "libxml/xpath.bi"
#include once "xsltexports.bi"
#include once "xsltInternals.bi"

extern "C"

#define __XML_XSLT_KEY_H__
const NODE_IS_KEYED = 1 shr 15
declare function xsltAddKey(byval style as xsltStylesheetPtr, byval name as const xmlChar ptr, byval nameURI as const xmlChar ptr, byval match as const xmlChar ptr, byval use as const xmlChar ptr, byval inst as xmlNodePtr) as long
declare function xsltGetKey(byval ctxt as xsltTransformContextPtr, byval name as const xmlChar ptr, byval nameURI as const xmlChar ptr, byval value as const xmlChar ptr) as xmlNodeSetPtr
declare sub xsltInitCtxtKeys(byval ctxt as xsltTransformContextPtr, byval doc as xsltDocumentPtr)
declare sub xsltFreeKeys(byval style as xsltStylesheetPtr)
declare sub xsltFreeDocumentKeys(byval doc as xsltDocumentPtr)

end extern
windows9.bi is also totally different.
Perhaps when you get time include your versions with the download.
I suspect that both of these are versions that came with VANYA's GDB GUI.

Regards