Wargames v1.71

User contributed sources that have become inactive, deprecated, or generally unusable. But ... we don't really want to throw them away either.
xbgtc

Wargames v1.71

Post by xbgtc »

Text based simulating as close as possible the computer hacking in the movie WARGAMES including WOPR sound, pics and video.

Updated Version here: http://www.gameupdates.org/details.php? ... _v1.71.rar
(Windows Only).

(This is a torrent file - click on 'download' (in b/w small box) and save it then use your torrent program. I just double click it and u-torrent loads it and starts downloading).

Source Code here : http://we.tl/x4qirqv50E
Last edited by xbgtc on May 02, 2015 21:34, edited 7 times in total.
D.J.Peters

Post by D.J.Peters »

i should wait over one houre (79 minutes) to get the download for free :-(

Joshy
E.K.Virtanen

Post by E.K.Virtanen »

Sounds interesting but before i download over 50megs, i would like to know is there point to do so since i do not have windows here?
Lachie Dazdarian

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

I need to wait for the 15th for my next batch of bandwidth. :P

Sorry.

BTW, maybe you should try to find more hosts.
anonymous1337

Post by anonymous1337 »

Screenshots plz.
MystikShadows

Post by MystikShadows »

HI xbgtc,

I just tried it and well so far it looks good, good intro screen. I don't know if it's my PC specifically (a dell lattitdu laptop) but when I started the game, the intro screen is shifted 1/2 to the left (hence i could only see the right side of the intro screen.

After that, it started to present me with the list of area codes hoever, that too is offseted towards the left and the list of codes never showed up so I only saw the column headers. But yeah Im a fan, so I'm hoping this will work soon as I can't wait to see what it all looks like :-)...

My laptop has a 16 Meg OpenGL video card, it's a 1.2 gHz with 512 Meg RAM if that's any help :-)
webberboy

Post by webberboy »

same thing happened with me, with both the intro and first screens.
xbgtc

Post by xbgtc »

$%#@ i did'nt realize people had bandwidth problems these days

@ joshy for free? dunno what you mean - isn't it all free? :)

@ E.K.V - sorry only Win98 and XP maybe Vista too dunno as not tested there.

@ lachie - later on today i'll put it up somewhere else for download

@ anonymous1337 - hmm i need to get a screen capture proggy, will later today :)

@ mystic and webber.... hmm bummer but the program uses your desktop settings to set the screen BUT must be either 800*600, 1024*768, 1280*1024 and even 1280*768 will work - what are yours as it sounds like a resolution problem i'll see if i can imitate it.

ok even one of my mates had a similiar shifted left problem and i can replicate it on one of my machines here by running a desktop resolution of 640*480 so that maybe your problem.
webberboy

Post by webberboy »

Well, maybe, but my resolution is 1440 by 900. Kinda on the other end of the spectrum...
xbgtc

Post by xbgtc »

haha that will be it!.... if you read the readme.txt file it stated which resolutions were only supported and anything else may not display correctly so you just have to change your desktop resolution at this stage to one that is supported. I might have to redo the whole position conversion stuff if i find out how to cater for all resolutions - i think i'll post the question in a suitable forum :)
Dash

Post by Dash »

I got as far as the Thermonuclear War part. Saw the movie years ago and forgot everything besides the login info. Couldn't strike anywhere without looking at the readme. It's a nice copy of the movie, in that no matter what keys you press, it only inputs the correct ones.
Lachie Dazdarian

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

Before I bother downloading and consider putting this on FBGD I want to be sure that this game is not infringing some copyright laws. Is it?
xbgtc

Post by xbgtc »

you better not put it on then :p
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

Lachie, you haven't seen war games? That's a must see for any nerd! :p
barok

Post by barok »

i'd like to know why 2400 soviet warheads are heading to canada. :)