2 Allegro Game Projects - Completed

User contributed sources that have become inactive, deprecated, or generally unusable. But ... we don't really want to throw them away either.
speedlemon

2 Allegro Game Projects - Completed

Post by speedlemon »

Asteroids Inspired Game
download link: http://file-pasta.com/d/2165.zip
notes:
I'd like to mention that I tested it on 3 computers, and there was a noticeable difference in the rate at which the enemies grew. In the worst case, the game is unbeatable (still playable). Keep this in mind while playing. However, the game, when played correctly, usually took me around 900 kills before I was able to all. In other words, you might think that it is unbeatable, but the times that I beat it, it took me a good 5 minutes or so (and the 5 minutes will be boring....)
on design:
well, on this game, there wasn't one. I just started making it. That will explain the poor gameplay, etc.
I didn't make the graphics for this game-- You may or may not recognize them from Angband.

Shmup Game featuring 3 unique levels with devastating boss battles.
download link: http://file-pasta.com/d/2138.zip
notes:
I thought this game turned out better. That's just my opinion.
I created the graphics for this game.

Both games come are compiled for you. Source is included. Necessary dll is included.

I probably forgot stuff... any questions/comments/etc. just let me know. :)

Sorry about lack of screenshots...

Have fun guys.
Last edited by speedlemon on Oct 18, 2007 2:31, edited 1 time in total.
Lachie Dazdarian

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

You bastard!

Finally someone doing a game.

Anyway, checked both, right away.

The asteroids inspired game

Why not naming it? I like the concept. Really like it. And the way you used the graphics. I don't like the fact I can't die. Is that a game feature? You should really expand on this.

Shooter

The game feels very crude, but scenery changes and bosses were a very nice surprise (I didn't read your post carefully :P). Wickedly fun for those 5 minutes. But boss two is really lame. He never goes near the edges enough. Well, the second boss is similar. Still, fun.

Are these eligible for FBGD?
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Beat the shmup and wasn't going to bother with the Asteroids inspired one until I saw Lachie's screenshot... gotta play it now. ; )
KristopherWindsor

Post by KristopherWindsor »

@Lachie Dazdarian: censor... <.<
speedlemon

Post by speedlemon »

Hello Lachie Dazdarian:

You can die... The number at the top-left of the screen indicates your current health and mana levels. Maybe you were just very good at it!

I realize that the bosses might be lame. Perhaps the fact that I made all the bosses in around 10 minutes would explain this. I understand what you mean about it being clunky. I thought that if the movement was more precise, it would be easier to dodge the bullets.

I am assuming it is eligible for FBGD. On the website, it says complete games only. Unless there are rules that I am unaware of. I will try to submit tomorrow (or soon.)

Thanks for trying my games and telling me what you thought. Although I don't plan to continue development, your comments will help me improve with my newer projects.

By the way, I really appreciate you posting some images of the games. :)
Last edited by speedlemon on Oct 17, 2007 22:24, edited 1 time in total.
Lachie Dazdarian

Duh?
speedlemon

Post by speedlemon »

Lachie Dazdarian wrote:Duh?
Was this directed at me?
notthecheatr

Post by notthecheatr »

Played both... shmup was kinda crude, like lachie said, especially in graphics, but the other one is cool. I like the originality of it - even though it's really just asteroids it feels and looks different enough to be interesting and worth playing.
Lachie Dazdarian

speedlemon wrote:
Lachie Dazdarian wrote:Duh?
Was this directed at me?
Nah, it was directed to KristopherWindsor. Don't get his comment.

When I asked if the games are eligible for FBGD, I was mainly asking to check if you are OK with me adding the games there. No need to submit them as I am aware of them now. :)

With the asteroids game health sinks to 0 and nothing happens. I remain alive.
speedlemon

Post by speedlemon »

When I asked if the games are eligible for FBGD, I was mainly asking to check if you are OK with me adding the games there. No need to submit them as I am aware of them now. :)
That'd be great. :)
With the asteroids game health sinks to 0 and nothing happens. I remain alive.
That is really odd to say the least. I never noticed that during testing...

I had found it, and fixed it. I will post updated version tomorrow. It's weird that I never noticed that..

Here is the fixed version:
http://file-pasta.com/d/2165.zip

I also updated the first post with the new link.