VISG: visual and smart GUI builder

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
mrhx

VISG: visual and smart GUI builder

Post by mrhx »

Hi, people.

I write a visual GUI constructor which is named VISG (visual and smart GUI builder). Its main feature is the generation of the source code of GUI for many different platforms (at the moment, it supports Pascal, Delphi, C, several dialects of assembler and, finally, FreeBASIC. It supports WinAPI as main library and also partially Xlib.).

I want comments :)

Download here: http://mrhx.ucoz.com/load/
PMedia

Post by PMedia »

Really nice work!
(I think its much better than the Ressource Editor of fbedit, because the ressources can't be changed anymore, but it's even this way very easy ^^)
rdc

Post by rdc »

This looks quite interesting. I didn't see a basic option on the Save AS menu though. It just had C, assembler and Pascal.
cha0s
Site Admin

Post by cha0s »

@rdc, you need to download the BASIC plugin I think.

I haven't really played with this too much yet, but I will when I get back from work... really neat.
rdc

Post by rdc »

Okay, I missed that. Thanks.
phishguy

Post by phishguy »

Looks cool. I added the plugin and it generated some code which wouldn't compile. The code had the following line:

Tested on FreeBASIC Compiler 0.14

So, unless this is a mistake, it needs some serious updating.
maddogg6

Post by maddogg6 »

phishguy wrote:Looks cool. I added the plugin and it generated some code which wouldn't compile. The code had the following line:

Tested on FreeBASIC Compiler 0.14

So, unless this is a mistake, it needs some serious updating.
Looks like the plugin is just text - so a smart person maybe able to edit it - I wish I be smart... it looks like evil winAPI madness to me.
anonymous1337

Post by anonymous1337 »

I'm editing the plugin a bit. It's ANCIENT. I don't even know the Windows API but that plugin's old code is ridiculous. Great GUI. After doing some translating I got things working. Time to actually make these changes in the plugin.
mcredz

Post by mcredz »

Really nice work. I only played with it for a few minutes, but I created a simple window with a few controls. The source would not compile as is, and it does seem to be written for an earlier version. It is quite an easy way to create a GUI, and as pointed out, the plug-in is text. It is also pretty much the framework for the created program. There is also a handy plugins EN or RU .txt in the plugins directory with additional information. Man, I hope some smart people are reading this :)

Edit: and by smart people, I mean like anonymous1337 :)
anonymous1337

Post by anonymous1337 »

.18cvs compatible code generated by VISG
A .18cvs* version of the plugin

* - I wasn't able to look through all of the generator's code because I don't know what features will invoke that code. If you make a program with that plugin that doesn't work, send me the code and I'll get the plugin working, m'kay?
r0ot

it's very good but, ........

Post by r0ot »

it's very cool but,
you make mInstaller 3.7 open source program, so why don't do that with VISG 0.8 ???

AmR EiSa
dani.user

Post by dani.user »

Very nice program :)
sir_mud

Post by sir_mud »

are you going to work more on the xlib version? i think using gtk as a backend may be better... most linux users have it already and its a lot easier to understand than the poorly documented xlib :p
mrhx

Post by mrhx »

Ok, thanks all.
I see free basic got important changes.
So, I will download the newest version of free basic and correct the plugin.

sir_mud, yes, I will improve the xlib plugin, so it will know about buttons, static text and maybe some other simple controls, but I think that plugin will not support all kinds of control. gtk is a good choice and I think, I maybe use it later.
mcredz

Post by mcredz »

anonymous1337 wrote:.18cvs compatible code generated by VISG
A .18cvs* version of the plugin
lol, I saw it pre-edit :) Thanks for the good work though, compiles perfectly!