FreeBASIC for Apple OS

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
srvaldez

Re: FreeBASIC for Apple OS

Post by srvaldez »

hello limpingninja :)
I appreciate the feedback, this upload was primarily meant to hopefully make it easier for you to build your own FB, if anyone should upload a Mac binary to GitHub would be either coderJeff or TeeEmCee
coderJeff
Site Admin

Post by coderJeff »

srvaldez wrote: Dec 25, 2023 21:13 this upload was primarily meant to hopefully make it easier for you to build your own FB, if anyone should upload a Mac binary to GitHub would be either coderJeff or TeeEmCee
If there is a binary package that is worthwhile to publish, I'm sure we could find a place to put it.

Otherwise, I think TeeEmCee knows about this stuff as it relates to fb better than anyone I know.

Mac/darwin/powerpc/etc is all foreign to me, I don't have any hardware, and never had much luck setting up an emulator for anything that might help develop fb on this platform. I spent a bunch of time on trying, but didn't have the skillz to get anywhere useful with it.
srvaldez

Post by srvaldez »

coderJeff
I agree that TeeEmCee is the one qualified for a Mac release
I have seen videos about installing Mac OS in a VM in Linux, and it just might work as they claim but I am not gutsy enough to do it, it clearly violates the Apple license, the script they mentioned was sosumi which I guess stands for "so sue me"
sealyparker

Post by sealyparker »

Thank you to srvaldez for the binaries! I switched to a MacBook Air a few years back and after a few attempts at using a Linux VM to run FB I gave up and stopped using FB for awhile.

Is there a git branch for porting RtLib or GfxLib to MacOS that would take contributions? I'd love to be contribute
Merrifst64

Post by Merrifst64 »

Do you think the BSD version works on macOS as well?
marcov

Post by marcov »

Merrifst64 wrote: Apr 13, 2024 13:44 Do you think the BSD version works on macOS as well?
Already answered in this thread.
Merrifst64

Post by Merrifst64 »

srvaldez wrote: Sep 24, 2023 17:13 ok, here's FB-1.07 for Mojave https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code ... zh8Q8UbjV/web
Thank you!