Debugging with Geany - cannot pass INPUT statements

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
psvahn

Debugging with Geany - cannot pass INPUT statements

Post by psvahn »

Hi!

I'm pretty new to FB and have tried to use it in Geany IDE on my Raspberry Pi. I downloaded some http://vintage-basic.net/ samples from my childhood :D and realized that it would be good to be able to debug the code too :shock:

So I installed the available debugger plugin in Geany. Seemed to work like charm at first, until I got to the first INPUT statement. In the debugger console window I entered the expected string and hit return, but nothing happens!

Does anyone have an idea? The plugin uses gdb and if I use it from command window I get it to step over the INPUT statement after hitting return.
berry67

Re: Debugging with Geany - cannot pass INPUT statements

Post by berry67 »

Hi
In Geany IDE on Raspberry Pi with FB, debugging INPUT statements using the available gdb-based plugin isn't working as expected. Seeking advice or solutions for INPUT statement debugging in Geany with FreeBASIC.
VANYA

Re: Debugging with Geany - cannot pass INPUT statements

Post by VANYA »

Geany IDE on Raspberry Pi with FB, debugging INPUT
This will not work with Input, Sleep statements on Linux-like systems with programs linked to GDB via PIPE.
If you want to debug these statements in a debugger, then:
1) use pure GDB in terminal
2) use Insight , if of course you can build it on Raspberry Pi
3) use FbDebugger, if of course you can build it on Raspberry Pi