I downloaded the latest version of FreeBASIC and to my horror it had no windows editor

New to FreeBASIC? Post your questions here.
ThePunkMaister

I downloaded the latest version of FreeBASIC and to my horror it had no windows editor

Post by ThePunkMaister »

For whatever reason the GUI editor that used to be the linchpin for FreeBASIC is no longer included on the FREEBASIC download so what has happened, is it even still supported? I don't just want to find it I'd it's orphanware and if there is no GUI editor supported anymore and everything has to be done using notepad and command line commands even downloading FREEBASIC has become pointless because again the GUI editor was what made everything work together without the drudgery of the command line and worst writing a program on a separate editor with no interface to the compiler its akin to almost arching back to the punched cards programming era.

So what exactly has happened? Is there a supported Windows GUI editor that interface with FREEBASIC if the one that was included is no longer supported and if so where I can find it?
fxm

Re: I downloaded the latest version of FreeBASIC and to my horror it had no windows editor

Post by fxm »

Lothar Schirm

Re: I downloaded the latest version of FreeBASIC and to my horror it had no windows editor

Post by Lothar Schirm »

ThePunkMaister wrote: Nov 01, 2023 12:48 For whatever reason the GUI editor that used to be the linchpin for FreeBASIC is no longer included on the FREEBASIC download so what has happened, is it even still supported?
I think the situation is not so complicated. Which FreeBASIC download do you mean, and which GUI editor? FreeBASIC itself is only a compiler, addionally you need an IDE, see the link by fxm. You can use e.g. FBIde, Geany, PoseidonFB, IUP_FB_EDITOR, ... These are IDEs without GUI designer. If you need a GUI designer, you can use e.g. FBEdit or WinFBE (successor of FireFly), VisualFBEditor, VFB IDE([Visual Freebasic).