Database

DOS specific questions.
Gablea

Re: Database

Post by Gablea »

exagonx wrote: Jul 24, 2022 2:46 Some time ago I created a library that once included allowed me to create and manage data maybe you can do the same too so that once you have created your database system you can implement it on all your software using simple objects defined previously.

I'll love to see your library I have data being exported from the back office and it uses a | as a field separator

I am also thinking about making the databases live on a ram drive to increase access time would that speed up reading on a 13,400 file record?
exagonx

Post by exagonx »

Gablea wrote: Jul 24, 2022 19:57
I'll love to see your library I have data being exported from the back office and it uses a | as a field separator

I am also thinking about making the databases live on a ram drive to increase access time would that speed up reading on a 13,400 file record?
Hello Gablea.
Currently I am writing a new one where I try to create an environment close to mysql, but with the work the time left to develop something good is little so please be patient and as soon as I am at a good point I will publish the sources so that having a ready-made job will be able to facilitate even those who are novice to use databases.

Maybe someone better prepared than me could also suggest some improvements.
Gablea

Post by Gablea »

exagonx wrote: Jul 25, 2022 0:41
Gablea wrote: Jul 24, 2022 19:57

Hello Gablea.
Currently I am writing a new one where I try to create an environment close to mysql, but with the work the time left to develop something good is little so please be patient and as soon as I am at a good point I will publish the sources so that having a ready-made job will be able to facilitate even those who are novice to use databases.

Maybe someone better prepared than me could also suggest some improvements.
I'll be happy to test it for you as I'm using FB in a commercial environment