Corona virus simulator

General FreeBASIC programming questions.
Makoto WATANABE

Re: Corona virus simulator

Post by Makoto WATANABE »

Dear badidea;

Your "Apr 01, 2020 22:23" program is visual and very interesting.
I would like to introduce your program with Japanese comments to Japanese people on my site.
Please give me your permission.

P.S.
In Japan, thanks to "Factor X", the death toll from corona is only 1,500 out of Japan's 126,000,000 population, as of early September.
One of the "Factor X" is a greeting method.
The Japanese greeting is bowing (lowering the head). It is rare for Japanese people to do skinships such as shaking hands.
In any case, it is a mystery why the mortality rate is so low not only in Japan but also in East Asian countries.
badidea

Post by badidea »

Makoto WATANABE wrote:Dear badidea;

Your "Apr 01, 2020 22:23" program is visual and very interesting.
I would like to introduce your program with Japanese comments to Japanese people on my site.
Please give me your permission.

P.S.
In Japan, thanks to "Factor X", the death toll from corona is only 1,500 out of Japan's 126,000,000 population, as of early September.
One of the "Factor X" is a greeting method.
The Japanese greeting is bowing (lowering the head). It is rare for Japanese people to do skinships such as shaking hands.
In any case, it is a mystery why the mortality rate is so low not only in Japan but also in East Asian countries.
Hi Makoto WATANABE,
That is fine. You can use, comment and change the program.
I stopped doing simulations, it is too difficult to simulate human behavior.
Also analyzing the COVID-19 data is difficult. In the Netherlands, currently the number of daily positive test is similar to the levels in February/March, but the number of deaths is much lower (100 x). The virus might be different now, but more likely the number of daily tests is 100 x higher now. If I compare COVID-19 with other Influenza data then there is almost no COVID-19 any more? See graphs at: https://www.rivm.nl/griep-griepprik/feiten-en-cijfers
Makoto WATANABE

Post by Makoto WATANABE »

Dear badidea;
Thanks for your permission.

By the way ,I was thrilled to learn, via the link you gave me, that the Netherlands is investigating even sewage viruses.
The Dutch government is releasing this information to the public quickly, and I am envious of this.
https://coronadashboard.government.nl/