80486 emulator with SVGA in BASIC!!!!!

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
jepalza

Re: 80486 emulator with SVGA in BASIC!!!!!

Post by jepalza »

I did not know anything about making declarations in power of 2 (2048 instead of 2000), it's interesting, I'll see for it.
Making dimensions (0 to 255) versus old system (256) if I knew it, but to go programming step by step, it's not something I gave importance to, and now, changing everything is a bit complicated, but I'll try, see If I get something more speed.

Thanks counting_pine
angros47

Post by angros47 »

The link on Google Drive doesn't work, is there any other place to download it?
counting_pine
Site Admin

Post by counting_pine »

I happen to have a copy of the archive downloaded from this thread, which was, I am pretty sure, PCEM_FB486.rar.
I've uploaded it as a Github repo: https://github.com/countingpine/PCEM_FB486

I couldn't find any copyright information in the archive. I was going to add copyright info from version 0.41 of PCem which he says it's based on, but I couldn't find any there either! But I've at least added the GPL COPYING file from the PCem source.
jepalza

Post by jepalza »

Updated my GDRIVE with new version. It is a little faster now. I have included some minor improvement, but it makes it more stable. In addition, the mouse can now be "captured" within the window for control.
If compiled with GCC (see the file "_compilar_con_gcc.bat") it is even faster.
You are now able to load WIN95 !!!
caseih

Post by caseih »

jepalza wrote:Updated my GDRIVE with new version.
Pretty neat. Sadly there's no working download link anywhere to see your progress.

Have you considered hosting the source files on github or gitlab?
jepalza

Post by jepalza »

Sorry, I'm an old school programmer. I don't know how to use github. I have a user created on Github, but I have never known how to use it. Gdrive is good for me, because it is very easy to use.
A long time ago, I did not know how to handle Gdrive, and I accidentally deleted the links, but that no longer happens to me, and I hope they will stay in Gdrive for many years.
ShawnLG

Post by ShawnLG »

This is very impressive. How do I install DOS on this?
caseih

Post by caseih »

jepalza wrote:Gdrive is good for me, because it is very easy to use.
Sorry I guess I wasn't clear. Your GDrive link you provided many months ago does not work. You did not specify a new download link so I assumed the old one was still it. Unfortunately that link didn't work when you first posted either. Perhaps there's a sharing setting that's not right in GDrive.
jepalza

Post by jepalza »

ShawnLG wrote:This is very impressive. How do I install DOS on this?
Only way is with another image already created. (maybe, one of your old's computers!!)
Needs IMG file format (IMA?), not VHD.
You can try FREEDOS virtual IMG File from:
http://www.fdos.org/bootdisks/
Take file "FDSTD10.zip" , extract, and get .img file.
From here, maybe, you can use WINIMAGE program for inject DOS files (with install) and try to install DOS6.22.

caseih wrote:
Sorry I guess I wasn't clear. Your GDrive link you provided many months ago does not work. You did not specify a new download link so I assumed the old one was still it. Unfortunately that link didn't work when you first posted either. Perhaps there's a sharing setting that's not right in GDrive.
Understand you. Don't speak english (or write/read), i'm use google translate for all purposes, and is very easy misunderstand any word.
Maybe I had not shared the link well as "public" and it was as "private". I think I did well this time, in the first message.
counting_pine
Site Admin

Post by counting_pine »

Just to say: I’ve pushed the changes to the Github repo I created for the first archive.
https://github.com/countingpine/PCEM_FB486
Julcar

Post by Julcar »

jepalza wrote:
ShawnLG wrote:This is very impressive. How do I install DOS on this?
Only way is with another image already created. (maybe, one of your old's computers!!)
Needs IMG file format (IMA?), not VHD.
You can try FREEDOS virtual IMG File from:
http://www.fdos.org/bootdisks/
Take file "FDSTD10.zip" , extract, and get .img file.
From here, maybe, you can use WINIMAGE program for inject DOS files (with install) and try to install DOS6.22.

caseih wrote:
Understand you. Don't speak english (or write/read), i'm use google translate for all purposes, and is very easy misunderstand any word.
Maybe I had not shared the link well as "public" and it was as "private". I think I did well this time, in the first message.
Hi jepalza, this is a short message in english leading to a spanish talk (I speak spanish too)

Please let me know a way to contact you.

---

Por favor hazme saber alguna forma de escribirte, me interesan mucho tus emuladores y quiero hacerles unas pruebas.