VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
nov79

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Post by nov79 »

Thank you for this IDE. But I notice the menu items on the gtk2 version is messed up but it's normal on gtk3 version. I'm using gtk3 version for this very reason.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Post by Xusinboy Bekchanov »

I will update the IDE soon. This one is fixed there.
nov79 wrote:Thank you for this IDE. But I notice the menu items on the gtk2 version is messed up but it's normal on gtk3 version. I'm using gtk3 version for this very reason.
I will update the IDE soon. This one is fixed there.
nov79

Post by nov79 »

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote:I will update the IDE soon. This one is fixed there.
Thanks.
nov79

Post by nov79 »

Bugs: can't change theme, when select Dark theme it has no effect, even after restart the program. There is no way to change font, it's fixed to Courier, click to the button next to it did nothing, no dialog appeared to choose new font.

GTK3 version. Debian 10. Linux 4.19. XFCE4.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

nov79 wrote:Bugs: can't change theme, when select Dark theme it has no effect, even after restart the program. There is no way to change font, it's fixed to Courier, click to the button next to it did nothing, no dialog appeared to choose new font.

This is not done yet. Now it works only on Windows.
nov79

Post by nov79 »

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote:
nov79 wrote:Bugs: can't change theme, when select Dark theme it has no effect, even after restart the program. There is no way to change font, it's fixed to Courier, click to the button next to it did nothing, no dialog appeared to choose new font.

This is not done yet. Now it works only on Windows.
What a pity! So practical usable IDE for FB on Linux are: PoseidonFB, IUP_FB_EDITOR and Geany. Two of them use IUP lib.
ike

Post by ike »

Can I use MyFbFramework without VisualFBEditor and how (any simple example)?

What do I need to install on windows and what for linux?

Does it have canvas for drawing?
Xusinboy Bekchanov

ike wrote:Can I use MyFbFramework without VisualFBEditor and how (any simple example)?
Yes, you can. An example is available in the VisualFBEditor/Examples folder with the following contents:

Code: Select all

#Include "mff/Form.bi"
#Include "mff/CommandButton.bi"

Using My.Sys.Forms

Dim Shared frm As Form, cmd As CommandButton

Sub cmd_Click(ByRef Sender As Control)
   MsgBox "Hello"
End Sub

cmd.Text = "Click me!"
cmd.SetBounds 100, 100, 150, 30
cmd.OnClick = @cmd_Click
frm.Add @cmd

frm.Center
frm.Show

App.Run
ike wrote:What do I need to install on windows and what for linux?
For Windows, you do not need to install anything. For Linux, you may need GTK2 or GTK3, if you do not have GTK installed.
Also you can copy mff to the include folder, then you do not need to specify the -i switch in the compiler to indicate the path MyFbFramework.
ike wrote:Does it have canvas for drawing?
Yes. There is a class Canvas in the file Canvas.bi. Also included in each Container control as a property.
ike

Post by ike »

I tested couple of controls(commandbutton, listcontrol, checkbox ). It looks promising!!

I was unable to find a way how to use canvas for drawing
Xusinboy Bekchanov

ike wrote:I tested couple of controls(commandbutton, listcontrol, checkbox ). It looks promising!!

Here is an example:

'#Compile -exx "Form1.rc"
#include once "mff/Form.bi"

Using My.Sys.Forms

'#Region "Form"
    Type Form1 Extends Form
    	Declare Static Sub Form_Paint(ByRef Sender As Form, DC As HDC, R As Rect)
    	Declare Constructor

End Type

Constructor Form1
    	' Form1
    	With This
    		.Name = "Form1"
    		.Text = "Form1"
    		.OnPaint = @Form_Paint
    		.SetBounds 0, 0, 350, 300
    	End With
    End Constructor

Dim Shared fForm1 As Form1

#ifndef _NOT_AUTORUN_FORMS_
        fForm1.Show

App.Run
    #endif
'#End Region

Private Sub Form1.Form_Paint(ByRef Sender As Form, DC As HDC, R As Rect)
	fForm1.Canvas.Line 15, 15, 25, 40
	fForm1.Canvas.Rectangle 50, 50, 100, 150
	fForm1.Canvas.TextOut 160, 160, "Hello World", 0, -1
End Sub
oyster

Post by oyster »

ike wrote:I tested couple of controls(commandbutton, listcontrol, checkbox ). It looks promising!!

perhaps a seperated posts or github(or something else) project for little examples based on mff? It could be more searchable. Thanks
Xusinboy Bekchanov

oyster wrote:perhaps a seperated posts or github(or something else) project for little examples based on mff? It could be more searchable. Thanks
I created a new topic MyFbFramework: https://freebasic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28397
oyster

Post by oyster »

I tested VisualFBEditor64.exe in VisualFBEditor.1.2.2.7z, which is from https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... r/releases, on win7 64 bits

bugs
1. service->options->compiler
you do not judge whether the used-selected compiler is empty. as a result, a null line can be added to the above "compiler path" grid if there is no compiler is selected actually

btw I think it is not necessary to let the user click "Add" again if the user has chosen a compiler. Or if the user clicks "add", a filedialog appears to let him select a compiler, once he cilck "Add" button in the filedialog, it is added; on the other hand, once "cancel" is pushed nothing is changed

2. after setting the compiler and now I can compile and run r:\VisualFBEditor.1.2.2\Examples\Hello\Hello.bas
then I do "file -> close all", "file -> open project", I open "r:\VisualFBEditor.1.2.2\Examples\GridData\frmGridDataTest.vfp", double "frmGridDataTest.bas", F5 says

18:47:59: Compilation: "L:\prg\basic\FreeBASIC-1.07.1-win64\fbc.exe"  -b "frmGridDataTest.bas" "GridDataTest.rc"  -exx -s gui -i "R:\VisualFBEditor.1.2.2/./MyFbFramework" ...

R:\VisualFBEditor.1.2.2\Examples\GridData\SQLITE3_UTILITY.inc(83) warning 3(1): Passing different pointer types, at parameter 4 of SQLITE3_GET_TABLE()
R:\VisualFBEditor.1.2.2\Examples\GridData\SQLITE3_UTILITY.inc(83) warning 3(1): Passing different pointer types, at parameter 5 of SQLITE3_GET_TABLE()
frmGridDataTest.bas(149) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
frmGridDataTest.bas(322) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
frmGridDataTest.bas(330) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
frmGridDataTest.c: In function '_ZN8GRIDDATA8DRAWRECTEP5HDC__R7tagRECTu7INTEGERS4_':
frmGridDataTest.c:77917:27: error: wrong type argument to bit-complement
   if( (struct $8HBRUSH__*)~BSELCTION$1 == (struct $8HBRUSH__*)0ull ) goto label$12602;
                           ^

18:48:05: Do not build file.

3. "file -> open" always opens filedialog with an initial path to "r:\VisualFBEditor.1.2.2\Projects", but it could be better to use the latest used one

4. If I have closed all the project, and do "file -> Close project" more times, then VisualFBEditor64.exe stops responding to any operation and closed automatically after seconds

5. sometimes no "property editor" window is shown if I right-click the control and choose "Properties". But we can find the tab labels( Properties, Events) on the right side. Sorry, I don't know how to make this appear again.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

oyster wrote:I tested VisualFBEditor64.exe in VisualFBEditor.1.2.2.7z, which is from https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... r/releases, on win7 64 bits

bugs
1. service->options->compiler
you do not judge whether the used-selected compiler is empty. as a result, a null line can be added to the above "compiler path" grid if there is no compiler is selected actually

btw I think it is not necessary to let the user click "Add" again if the user has chosen a compiler. Or if the user clicks "add", a filedialog appears to let him select a compiler, once he cilck "Add" button in the filedialog, it is added; on the other hand, once "cancel" is pushed nothing is changed
Thanks, I shall think about it.
oyster wrote: 2. after setting the compiler and now I can compile and run r:\VisualFBEditor.1.2.2\Examples\Hello\Hello.bas
then I do "file -> close all", "file -> open project", I open "r:\VisualFBEditor.1.2.2\Examples\GridData\frmGridDataTest.vfp", double "frmGridDataTest.bas", F5 says

18:47:59: Compilation: "L:\prg\basic\FreeBASIC-1.07.1-win64\fbc.exe"  -b "frmGridDataTest.bas" "GridDataTest.rc"  -exx -s gui -i "R:\VisualFBEditor.1.2.2/./MyFbFramework" ...

R:\VisualFBEditor.1.2.2\Examples\GridData\SQLITE3_UTILITY.inc(83) warning 3(1): Passing different pointer types, at parameter 4 of SQLITE3_GET_TABLE()
R:\VisualFBEditor.1.2.2\Examples\GridData\SQLITE3_UTILITY.inc(83) warning 3(1): Passing different pointer types, at parameter 5 of SQLITE3_GET_TABLE()
frmGridDataTest.bas(149) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
frmGridDataTest.bas(322) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
frmGridDataTest.bas(330) warning 4(1): Suspicious pointer assignment
frmGridDataTest.c: In function '_ZN8GRIDDATA8DRAWRECTEP5HDC__R7tagRECTu7INTEGERS4_':
frmGridDataTest.c:77917:27: error: wrong type argument to bit-complement
   if( (struct $8HBRUSH__*)~BSELCTION$1 == (struct $8HBRUSH__*)0ull ) goto label$12602;
                           ^

18:48:05: Do not build file.

Now I also checked, GridDataTest only works in 32-bit mode. I'll see.
oyster wrote: 3. "file -> open" always opens filedialog with an initial path to "r:\VisualFBEditor.1.2.2\Projects", but it could be better to use the latest used one
Yes, we can do that. For new files we can use this folder.
oyster wrote: 4. If I have closed all the project, and do "file -> Close project" more times, then VisualFBEditor64.exe stops responding to any operation and closed automatically after seconds
It happened to me too. We will fix it.
oyster wrote: 5. sometimes no "property editor" window is shown if I right-click the control and choose "Properties". But we can find the tab labels( Properties, Events) on the right side. Sorry, I don't know how to make this appear again.
This is also a bug. Also need to fix it. It turns out that the width has decreased. Tapping twice, restore the property bar.
oyster

Post by oyster »

aha, I just downloaded and tested VisualFBEditor for just a few minutes. It seems I should test it again after a long time.
Maybe I should go to buy a lottery now.