resource compiler error

Windows specific questions.
Wilko

resource compiler error

Post by Wilko »

Hi, I guess this problem is Windows-specific, that's why I am posting here. I added a line to my resource file and now it will not compile anymore (using WinFBE). Compiling from command line gives this error:
Very sorry, but GoRC had a problem.
Could you please report it to JG@JGnet.co.uk
sending any files which were used and stating:-
"Version 0.90 eip=402414h"

Thanks, Jeremy Gordon.

CHEAQS64.bas() error 91: Executable not found: "C:\Program Files\WinFBE\FreeBASIC-1.06.0\bin\win64\GoRC.exe"
THe executable exists and can be called.
The strange thing is if I comment one (ANY) line in the resource file, it will compile. Is there a limit to the number of items that GoRC can handle?

ANy help is appreciated,
Wilko
dodicat

Re: resource compiler error

Post by dodicat »

I inserted the old GoRC from version 1.05.
But have not tested it.

Win 10 anti virus immediately put the fb 1.06 GoRC file into quarantine.
I tried various cheats but only seemed to make it worse.
The final outcome was damage to the windows registry which I cannot repair.
I am stuck with no start menu and the error message "class not registered" for many file types (.bmp for example) because I have lost photos for opening things.
So I wouldn't mess around too much.
Wilko

Post by Wilko »

Thanks for your help. I downloaded the new GoRC (1.0.2) but that one gave the same error. I tried to split the resource files, create .obj files from each and then compile but that did not work; only the files from one resource file were available. Anyone knows of there are other resource compilers that can create .obj files?
Wilko

Post by Wilko »

Hi, I reported the error and now a new version is available: 1.0.2.1 at http://www.godevtool.com/ResourceFrame.htm. Works fine. Would be good to include this version in the FB release.