No OOP?

New to FreeBASIC? Post your questions here.
kip

No OOP?

Post by kip »

Can I create, compile and execute an offline program with only Free Basic (and an appropriate IDE),
but without any OOP or other external programming code? My program is very simple, but does input
a text file that has uniform records, one per line.
Imortis

Re: No OOP?

Post by Imortis »

FreeBASIC's OOP (Object Oriented Programming) features are completely optional. You don't have to use them if you don't want to.
badidea

Post by badidea »

kip wrote:Can I create, compile and execute an offline program with only Free Basic (and an appropriate IDE),
but without any OOP or other external programming code? My program is very simple, but does input
Yes, on al parts of the question. An IDE is not even required. Notepad + command line is sufficient.
Tourist Trap

Post by Tourist Trap »

kip wrote:Can I create, compile and execute an offline program with only Free Basic (and an appropriate IDE),
Hi kip,

yes you can use FB this way. You can then take profit of the abundant set of examples of the Visual Basic galaxy. When it comes to VBA, or VB6, without OOP, FB is nearly 100% compatible. (That's what I do in many cases)