"A Love Letter To FreeBASIC" Game Dev Competition (Oct 2018 – Feb 2019), 1000 $ 1st prize

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
maachal

Re: "A Love Letter To FreeBASIC" Game Dev Competition (Oct 2018 – Feb 2019), 1000 $ 1st prize

Post by maachal »

Boromir wrote:Here's the indiedb page where I'll be putting the download link. I'm working on a few last minute things.
https://www.indiedb.com/games/basic-warfare
Game previews look great, but where can I download it?
Tourist Trap

Re: "A Love Letter To FreeBASIC" Game Dev Competition (Oct 2018 – Feb 2019), 1000 $ 1st prize

Post by Tourist Trap »

maachal wrote:
Tourist Trap wrote: The file to build is bonemademandemo.bas. It's still a mess overall but it shows how this pretends to be working as a character motion engine for a game.
Compile OK but crash at startup. :-( WIN 7, 64bit system
Hi, thanks for testing. That's quite weird, I got a running executable without problem on win10. Maybe then I will have to make a big clean-up so. I still don't really what can make it crash, I'm sorry.

ps: I added my compiled executable in the list of files. But if it didn't run from a compile I don't see why this would work better.
Last edited by Tourist Trap on Feb 10, 2019 12:09, edited 1 time in total.
Landeel

Post by Landeel »

Hey, I made a sourceforge page for FB Shooter Force 2019:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/fb-shooter-force-2019/
Tourist Trap

Post by Tourist Trap »

Landeel wrote:Hey, I made a sourceforge page for FB Shooter Force 2019:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/fb-shooter-force-2019/
Lachie Dazdarian

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

Tourist Trap wrote:
maachal wrote:
Tourist Trap wrote: The file to build is bonemademandemo.bas. It's still a mess overall but it shows how this pretends to be working as a character motion engine for a game.
Hi, thanks for testing. That's quite weird, I got a running executable without problem on win10. Maybe then I will have to make a big clean-up so. I still don't really what can make it crash, I'm sorry.

ps: I added my compiled executable in the list of files. But if it didn't run from a compile I don't see why this would work better.
The executable works. Can I do anything in the demo?
Lachie Dazdarian

He guys. We are approaching the last 24 hours. I remind you, the deadline is 11th of February, 18:00 GMT (not your local time).

At that time I will download all the last available download links and versions. Make sure you have all in order.

Expected entries:
Landeel, FB Shooter Force 2019
Pitto, Impossible VictHorse
Boromir, Basic Warfare
ssjx, Internet of Evil Things
machaal, Simple Console Tanks
3622, FreeBASIC Carom Billiards
Zamaster/Mambazo, The Secret Gallery

Maybe:
ChangeV
Eric Lope

For round two, I see Gothon, badidea and Tourist trap continuing with their work. Anyone else?
Tourist Trap

Post by Tourist Trap »

Lachie Dazdarian wrote: The executable works. Can I do anything in the demo?
Unfortunately not at the moment. I have to implement collision first, and then some way to allow the user a complete freedom of moves. Then the rest will be classical, I'm sure that a smooth natural moving character can be already very funny. I will concentrate on this then for the second round!

Thanks for testing Lachie.

Good luck for tomorrow challengers :)
Pitto

Post by Pitto »

Hi Lachie,

the official source code in my github repository is enough? Or you need an official binary release for Win and Linux, as the tar files I've uploaded one week ago?

At the moment the official release version is 0.5.8

However I do not think to make further changes in the official repository between today and tomorrow.
maachal

Post by maachal »

Tourist Trap wrote:
maachal wrote:

Embedded EXE works, but I do not know what to do with it. Keys not work. Mouse not work. :-( The only thing that works is this:
Image 1
Image 2
maachal

Post by maachal »

Pitto wrote:Hi Lachie,

the official source code in my github repository is enough? Or you need an official binary release for Win and Linux, as the tar files I've uploaded one week ago?
I think both would be ideal. Source and binary. ;-)
Boromir

Post by Boromir »

Here's my entry!
Just to be clear, I'm entering the first competition. :)
"Basic Warfare" a Multiplayer FreeBASIC RTS/Action game.
Windows x86 https://www.indiedb.com/games/basic-war ... ows-binary
Windows x64 https://www.indiedb.com/games/basic-war ... ows-binary
Linux x86 https://www.indiedb.com/games/basic-war ... nux-binary
Linux x64 https://www.indiedb.com/games/basic-war ... nux-binary
Source https://www.indiedb.com/games/basic-war ... v10-source
Lachie Dazdarian

Pitto, finished your game on medium! Excellent work overall. The horse NPC is a nice touch. I was hoping for a boss battle, though.

Boromir, have time for a joint game?
Last edited by Lachie Dazdarian on Feb 10, 2019 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
Tourist Trap

Post by Tourist Trap »

maachal wrote: Embedded EXE works, but I do not know what to do with it. Keys not work. Mouse not work. :-( The only thing that works is this:
Image 1
Image 2
Yes maachal! I could add some dummy interaction to make it more than just a mysterious wandering man you are right. For now this a pointless demo, just posted it in order to mark a step.

I wish you all the good for the challenge!
Boromir

Post by Boromir »

Lachie Dazdarian wrote:Boromir, have time for a joint game?
Sure. I've hosted so you can connect to basic-warfare.net in the game.