VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
Mysoft

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Post by Mysoft »

please at least fix the FORMS generator code to not require stupid genius OOP.... then at least that is usable without teaching crap to everybody expecting to use it... at least do this to reduce the amount of garbage you are putting on the world... PLEASE
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Post by Xusinboy Bekchanov »

Do you recommend making a form designer without OOP?
diskay

Post by diskay »

Very good work, hope to continue to complete, but freebasic has a natural flaw, it does not fully support unicode.

Ps: can completely ignore TROLL like "Mysoft"
Xusinboy Bekchanov

diskay wrote:Very good work, hope to continue to complete, but freebasic has a natural flaw, it does not fully support unicode.
What are the problems with Unicode?
c-sanchez

Post by c-sanchez »

diskay wrote:Ps: can completely ignore TROLL like "Mysoft"
O.o What are you saying?
Mysoft is NOT troll, him its an really good programmer, he has helped many programmers with things that are not even to his liking.
you can ask any of the active "gurus" in the forum and I'm sure many will not share their ideas, but would never consider it a troll

I can understand he have maybe an "bad" way to saythe things, although for me he just have an "high quality exigence" with the software development, again maybe someones don't like how he say the things, but is your sincere opinion, not a troll.

Anway Xusinboy Bekchanov I know it's hard make this IDE (wich looks good) again without OOP since its our own framework was maked with OOP, right?
But, I think too can be nice make be default the form code without OOP at least, but again.. All the framework is OOP so... :p
Maybe a option to "first thing" opening the ide, just an empty code file or the (OOP) form code :p
c-sanchez

Post by c-sanchez »

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote:Do you recommend making a form designer without OOP?
Probably ALL ide/framework source code WITHOUT OOP :p
D.J.Peters

Post by D.J.Peters »

c-sanchez wrote:.. Mysoft is NOT troll ...
sure you are right but this words "the amount of garbage you are putting on the world... " sounds like from a real trolll :-)

Joshy
Xusinboy Bekchanov

c-sanchez wrote: Anway Xusinboy Bekchanov I know it's hard make this IDE (wich looks good) again without OOP since its our own framework was maked with OOP, right?
But, I think too can be nice make be default the form code without OOP at least, but again.. All the framework is OOP so... :p
Maybe a option to "first thing" opening the ide, just an empty code file or the (OOP) form code :p
Then we make this option.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

c-sanchez wrote:
Probably ALL ide/framework source code WITHOUT OOP :p
We can make a parallel framework without OOP
St_W

Post by St_W »

IMHO it's totally fine as-is and the usage of OOP concepts improves usability and code quality. MySoft has always hated everything that uses OOP for no obvious reason ("it's slower"/inefficient, but that isn't a valid argument IMHO) and thus I wouln't put too much weight on his suggestions. Of course the decision is yours (or MySoft can even contribute a non-OOP version as it's open source ;-) ).
Xusinboy Bekchanov

St_W wrote:IMHO it's totally fine as-is and the usage of OOP concepts improves usability and code quality. MySoft has always hated everything that uses OOP for no obvious reason ("it's slower"/inefficient, but that isn't a valid argument IMHO) and thus I wouln't put too much weight on his suggestions. Of course the decision is yours (or MySoft can even contribute a non-OOP version as it's open source ;-) ).
I agree with you
Mysoft

Post by Mysoft »

well the IDE is a disappointment that is like that...but oh well even fbide is just like that but in C++ so all in all it being freebasic is "better" (or not i'm not sure, because not having the same bad stuff from other languages on freebasic is probabily good... but its already there, so well)

but yes.... a backend for the forms that does not require OOP, and works processing events more like SDL, with a structure for the info instead of having unecessary getter/setters that remove simplicity of where stuff will be allocated and how.... as well removing the need to have one function for processing the input of each object... trough those callback events (IMO those should be optional)

and more importantly it would be wise to allow the forms code be usable from older freebasic versions like 0.24 (that is for example the lastest one that works fine on win98... along with stuff like the fact that at some point after 1.0 fbgfx was destroyed.... and lot of things went downhill including many useless OOP features, as well addition of more fake stuff like the totally should not be used BOOLEAN type... that not only added another indirection level, as well screw up winapi headers that used similar names...)
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Mysoft wrote:but yes.... a backend for the forms that does not require OOP, and works processing events more like SDL, with a structure for the info instead of having unecessary getter/setters that remove simplicity of where stuff will be allocated and how.... as well removing the need to have one function for processing the input of each object... trough those callback events (IMO those should be optional)

and more importantly it would be wise to allow the forms code be usable from older freebasic versions like 0.24 (that is for example the lastest one that works fine on win98... along with stuff like the fact that at some point after 1.0 fbgfx was destroyed.... and lot of things went downhill including many useless OOP features, as well addition of more fake stuff like the totally should not be used BOOLEAN type... that not only added another indirection level, as well screw up winapi headers that used similar names...)
To do this, we are must make a parallel or completely new framework.
marcov

Post by marcov »

Mysoft wrote: be usable from older freebasic versions like 0.24 (that is for example the lastest one that works fine on win98... along with stuff like the fact that at some point after 1.0 fbgfx was destroyed
I think it is better to simply wait till the win98 users have ported current FB versions to it?
Xusinboy Bekchanov

marcov wrote:I think it is better to simply wait till the win98 users have ported current FB versions to it?
Such attempts are being done at all?