VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
Xusinboy Bekchanov
Posts: 72
Joined: Jul 26, 2018 18:28

VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby Xusinboy Bekchanov » Dec 27, 2018 2:22

Hello, I created an editor for FreeBasic based on the library MyFbFramework. MyFbFramework is based on Nastasa Eodor 'FBGUI, the library has been expanded and cross-platform added.
VisualFBEditor is also cross-platform, there is the possibility of a designer, debugging, project support, etc.
For debugging, I used the codes of SARG .
Many thanks to the creators of FreeBasic, separately to SARG and Nastasa Eodor.
And I am waiting for help for the development of the library MyFbFramework.

Releases here:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/My ... k/releases
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... r/releases
Last edited by Xusinboy Bekchanov on Jan 02, 2019 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
Imortis
Moderator
Posts: 1629
Joined: Jun 02, 2005 15:10
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby Imortis » Dec 27, 2018 13:42

This is a very nice looking project! I did have a problem downloading the latest release, but what I saw is very promising. Is the editor also built in FB? If so, where is the source code for that?

Also, you say you want help with the library. What kind of help do you need?
dodicat
Posts: 5938
Joined: Jan 10, 2006 20:30
Location: Scotland

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby dodicat » Dec 27, 2018 14:12

Yes I agree with Imortis.
Is your Linux executable 64 bits?
My Linux is 32 bits.
In the .desktop file I set the correct exec, path and icon.
But it won't run, are there required libraries needed in My Linux distro?
Xusinboy Bekchanov
Posts: 72
Joined: Jul 26, 2018 18:28

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby Xusinboy Bekchanov » Dec 27, 2018 14:12

Imortis wrote:Also, you say you want help with the library. What kind of help do you need?

It's an open source library, so help with the code. If a lot of programmers work with it, the project develops faster.
Xusinboy Bekchanov
Posts: 72
Joined: Jul 26, 2018 18:28

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby Xusinboy Bekchanov » Dec 27, 2018 14:17

dodicat wrote:Yes I agree with Imortis.
Is your Linux executable 64 bits?
My Linux is 32 bits.
In the .desktop file I set the correct exec, path and icon.
But it won't run, are there required libraries needed in My Linux distro?

I didn’t have 32 bit Linux on hand. Soon I will open the source for the editor too. Then it will be possible to compile on different OSes.
For Linux, you need vte terminal and gtk3:

Code: Select all

sudo apt update
sudo apt install libvte-2.91-dev
 
sudo apt-get install libgtk-3-dev
Xusinboy Bekchanov
Posts: 72
Joined: Jul 26, 2018 18:28

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby Xusinboy Bekchanov » Dec 27, 2018 16:46

Imortis wrote:This is a very nice looking project! I did have a problem downloading the latest release, but what I saw is very promising. Is the editor also built in FB? If so, where is the source code for that?

Yes, built in FB. I'll open the source code soon.

What are the problems when downloading?
Imortis
Moderator
Posts: 1629
Joined: Jun 02, 2005 15:10
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby Imortis » Dec 27, 2018 17:28

It fails to download the latest release. I think it might be a network security/antivirus thing (false positive of course).
Xusinboy Bekchanov
Posts: 72
Joined: Jul 26, 2018 18:28

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby Xusinboy Bekchanov » Dec 27, 2018 19:28

Imortis wrote:It fails to download the latest release. I think it might be a network security/antivirus thing (false positive of course).

I put the source code on github:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/VisualFBEditor
Xusinboy Bekchanov
Posts: 72
Joined: Jul 26, 2018 18:28

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby Xusinboy Bekchanov » Dec 28, 2018 21:26

dodicat wrote:Yes I agree with Imortis.
Is your Linux executable 64 bits?
My Linux is 32 bits.
In the .desktop file I set the correct exec, path and icon.
But it won't run, are there required libraries needed in My Linux distro?

I put the source code on the github, the link in the previous post. You managed to compile on linux 32? If you could, you can send binary files? We will add it too github.
I will need VisualFBEditor32 and libmff32.so
dodicat
Posts: 5938
Joined: Jan 10, 2006 20:30
Location: Scotland

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby dodicat » Dec 29, 2018 1:11

Hi Xusinboy Bekchanov
I don't have vte terminal or gtk3
My distro (Scientific Linux, which is Red hat Linux) came off a cd, so is lightweight.
But I got the full development package (Gcc e.t.c. ) and the libs for fb graphics.
I was thinking about freepascal, but if it is anything like the windows package with dozens of executable files on path, I shall give it a miss.
vte and gtk3 might just mess up my distro (past experience).
Xusinboy Bekchanov
Posts: 72
Joined: Jul 26, 2018 18:28

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby Xusinboy Bekchanov » Dec 29, 2018 2:19

dodicat wrote:Hi Xusinboy Bekchanov
I don't have vte terminal or gtk3
My distro (Scientific Linux, which is Red hat Linux) came off a cd, so is lightweight.
But I got the full development package (Gcc e.t.c. ) and the libs for fb graphics.
I was thinking about freepascal, but if it is anything like the windows package with dozens of executable files on path, I shall give it a miss.
vte and gtk3 might just mess up my distro (past experience).

For myself, I would like to know which library you use to create GUI on Linux?
marcov
Posts: 2770
Joined: Jun 16, 2005 9:45
Location: Eindhoven, NL
Contact:

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby marcov » Dec 29, 2018 11:41

dodicat wrote:I was thinking about freepascal, but if it is anything like the windows package with dozens of executable files on path, I shall give it a miss.


What I sometimes do is to install the standard package (rpm or deb or even .tgz) to an invented prefix (like ~/testprefix). Then I symlink the handful needed files from ~/bin and the configuration file to ~/.fpc.cfg For just usage, the number of files is low (in theory one) . For usage with lazarus 2 or three more, and to recompile fpc and lazarus itself about 8.

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote:
For myself, I would like to know which library you use to create GUI on Linux?


Lazarus lcl/gtk2.
Xusinboy Bekchanov
Posts: 72
Joined: Jul 26, 2018 18:28

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby Xusinboy Bekchanov » Dec 29, 2018 12:16

marcov wrote:
Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote:
For myself, I would like to know which library you use to create GUI on Linux?


Lazarus lcl/gtk2.

Then we will do so, the program will use the current installed gtk version (2 or 3). Now vteterminal is not important, the program does not use it if not installed.
Xusinboy Bekchanov
Posts: 72
Joined: Jul 26, 2018 18:28

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby Xusinboy Bekchanov » Jan 02, 2019 14:29

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote:Then we will do so, the program will use the current installed gtk version (2 or 3). Now vteterminal is not important, the program does not use it if not installed.

Updated the program. I added gtk2 support and removed vteterminal. In place of it made the settings of the debugger and the terminal. Now in the setting you can specify the terminal (default gnome-terminal)
Mysoft
Posts: 773
Joined: Jul 28, 2005 13:56
Location: Brazil, Santa Catarina, Indaial (ouch!)
Contact:

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Postby Mysoft » Jan 09, 2019 0:18

would be a nice ide
if it was not made on a stupid pile of OOP
and even the generated form requires stupid retarded OOP
....

Return to “Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests