FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2024.03.03)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
Kuan Hsu

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2018.08.10)

Post by Kuan Hsu »

Dinosaur wrote:Hi All

Kuan Hsu can you make the "Search/Replace" default to ignore case OR save the last setting.
As FB is generally case insensitive, should it not default to that ?

Regards
Set to default is easy to do, I've re-updated the rev.403 ^^
Kuan Hsu

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2018.08.21)

Post by Kuan Hsu »

At rev.404, I added "EXTRAASCENT" and "EXTRADESCENT" at "[size]" in editorSettings.ini
(See https://www.scintilla.org/ScintillaDoc. ... XTRAASCENT )
Default:
Set the editorSettings.ini:

Code: Select all

[size]
EXTRAASCENT=-1
EXTRADESCENT=-2
kcvinu

Post by kcvinu »

@Kuan Hsu,
I have started learning D. Its a nice language.
sancho3

Post by sancho3 »

HI Kuan:
1. I noticed an issue with the IDE.
Selecting a block of code and then selecting CTRL + SHIFT + R (to un-comment the code) only un-comments code that has a comment character in the first column.
The code should un-comment any line that begins with the comment character in any column.

2. I think the search and replace is in dire need of upgrading. Right now I am reluctant to use it for anything but a search and replace of the entire file. It lacks information of what the selections do. For example the tool tip says "Scope" but I have no idea what scope when selected and what when not.
There is also no feedback as to whether anything was changed.
I also think it deserves its own window.
I recommend that you look at any text editor search and replace and shoot for that.
Here is a pic of the search window from Geany.
I don't think you need to go so far as to include reg. expressions or any other large coding task.
Basically what you have just reorganized a little.
3. Adding a new include file to a project forces you to use the .bi extension. That is not ideal. It would be better to allow .bas as well.
4. I wanted to add a text file to the project but I couldn't find a way. Is that possible? Not a big deal in any case.
Gloomshroud

Post by Gloomshroud »

I'm running on Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic x64, and I'm have trouble installing the Manual (.chm file). I have pointed it to the correct file, but it doesn't find it. It doesn't seem to "accept" my clicking "Apply" and/or "Ok." Same is true of changing the syntax highlighting scheme. It does work for everything else, however. It's a wonderful choice for we Linux users. :) For that part, I manually copied the Monokai RGB values by hand from the XML file. Hehe. Can't figure out how to get the help files working, and that's a super useful feature (pressing F1) for a novice like me!

I installed as per your instructions (and manual), including the modified IUP .so. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
sancho3

Post by sancho3 »

I am using Ubuntu 64 as well and the manual is working using F1.
What happens when you select the chm file? Does it not show the full path in the preference window?
Did you select "use help manual"? (I'm sure you did).
You can try entering the entire path.
Maybe you have re-assigned key F1. Check your shortcuts.
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

Gloomshroud wrote:I'm running on Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic x64, and I'm have trouble installing the Manual (.chm file). I have pointed it to the correct file, but it doesn't find it. It doesn't seem to "accept" my clicking "Apply" and/or "Ok." Same is true of changing the syntax highlighting scheme. It does work for everything else, however. It's a wonderful choice for we Linux users. :) For that part, I manually copied the Monokai RGB values by hand from the XML file. Hehe. Can't figure out how to get the help files working, and that's a super useful feature (pressing F1) for a novice like me!

I installed as per your instructions (and manual), including the modified IUP .so. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Please install "kchmviewer"...^^
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

sancho3 wrote:HI Kuan:
1. I noticed an issue with the IDE.
Selecting a block of code and then selecting CTRL + SHIFT + R (to un-comment the code) only un-comments code that has a comment character in the first column.
The code should un-comment any line that begins with the comment character in any column.
^^..., Let me check~~
sancho3 wrote:2. I think the search and replace is in dire need of upgrading. Right now I am reluctant to use it for anything but a search and replace of the entire file. It lacks information of what the selections do. For example the tool tip says "Scope" but I have no idea what scope when selected and what when not.
There is also no feedback as to whether anything was changed.
I also think it deserves its own window.
I recommend that you look at any text editor search and replace and shoot for that.
Here is a pic of the search window from Geany.
I don't think you need to go so far as to include reg. expressions or any other large coding task.
Basically what you have just reorganized a little.
The 'Scope' only works for "Replace All" or "Mark All"
sancho3 wrote:3. Adding a new include file to a project forces you to use the .bi extension. That is not ideal. It would be better to allow .bas as well.
PoseidonFB will send *.bas to compile list, if just "Include", why not named the ext is bi?
sancho3 wrote:4. I wanted to add a text file to the project but I couldn't find a way. Is that possible? Not a big deal in any case.
Use DnD
By now, we can add files in "Others" but will pass to FB compiler while building project, in oldest poseidon, we have a another part to save the files that we are not want pass to compiler, let me check....
I added "Miscellaneous" project tree panel at rev.405, the files in "Miscellaneous" will not send to compiler and can be open in poseidonFB.
D.J.Peters

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2018.10.27)

Post by D.J.Peters »

may be simple to fix:
Menu project save all closed all loaded projects here !

It crashed from time to time if I open a file from left project panel while other open files are exists in the tab's.

The problem are I can not reproduce this crashes.

First I was thinking it happens only if I have 300 or more files open but it crashed with only 9 open files also.

And it crashed without any user action also !!!

I came back from the kitchen and a open poseidonFB session was anymore on screen.

Joshy
WQ1980

Post by WQ1980 »

Kuan Hsu

Maybe add to the editor default input language setting when program starts - English (at least Windows, WinApi function LoadKeyboardLayout, ActivateKeyboardLayout etc.)?

This is important if the system language is not English.
Start to write code - input is not English...
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

D.J.Peters wrote:may be simple to fix:
Menu project save all closed all loaded projects here !

It crashed from time to time if I open a file from left project panel while other open files are exists in the tab's.

The problem are I can not reproduce this crashes.

First I was thinking it happens only if I have 300 or more files open but it crashed with only 9 open files also.

And it crashed without any user action also !!!

I came back from the kitchen and a open poseidonFB session was anymore on screen.

Joshy
Actually, It's hard to find the bug.....
Sometimes it's crash like infinite loop, in Windows the error report is IUP.dll but I don't know how to fix....
Sorry......
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

WQ1980 wrote:Kuan Hsu

Maybe add to the editor default input language setting when program starts - English (at least Windows, WinApi function LoadKeyboardLayout, ActivateKeyboardLayout etc.)?

This is important if the system language is not English.
Start to write code - input is not English...
Haha, my system language is "Traditional Chinese", I use ctrl+space to change between different language.
Let me check how "LoadKeyboardLayout" and "ActivateKeyboardLayout" work.
WQ1980

Post by WQ1980 »

Kuan Hsu wrote: Haha, my system language is "Traditional Chinese", I use ctrl+space to change between different language.
Let me check how "LoadKeyboardLayout" and "ActivateKeyboardLayout" work.
freebasic code example:

Code: Select all

#Include Once "IUP/iup.bi"
#Ifdef __FB_WIN32__
#Include Once "windows.bi"
#EndIf

IupOpen(0,0)

Var dlg = IupDialog(IupSetAttributes(IupText(NULL), "RASTERSIZE=540x380"))
IupSetAttributes(dlg, "TITLE = IupDialog, RASTERSIZE = 640x480")

#Ifdef __FB_WIN32__
Dim As HKL enghkl = LoadKeyboardLayout("00000409",KLF_ACTIVATE+KLF_SETFORPROCESS) '' 00000409 English layout
ActivateKeyboardLayout(enghkl, KLF_SETFORPROCESS)
#EndIf

IupShow(dlg)

IupMainLoop()
IupClose()
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

WQ1980 wrote:freebasic code example:
Thanks for your code. ^^
Done at rev0.407, "Preference" -> "Editor" -> "Auto en-Keyboard Layout" -> "ON"(Windows only), next time start poseidonFB will force english layout~
marpon

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2018.12.09)

Post by marpon »

hi Kuan Hsu,

under linux 64, (with i'm not very familiar) i've tested your ide to compile single file source code, all worked ok
so to explore more, I've tried to compile the fbc compiler using a poseidon project but it failed , could you explain how to do?