relocation advice

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
dafhi

relocation advice

Post by dafhi »

hi guys

I'm looking for a new place to live. I live with my dad but he makes it clear I need to get a move on.
I have an unusual set of criteria in looking for a new place.

1. I don't believe in work.
2. I believe in a cushy lifestyle. Good food, clean water, nice clothes. I love programming but I might love the beach even more!
grindstone

Re: relocation advice

Post by grindstone »

So you're a coding hippie, great!

If you found such a place, please let me know. I'll get there, too! <grin>
RockTheSchock

Post by RockTheSchock »

dafhi wrote:1. I don't believe in work.
2. I believe in a cushy lifestyle. Good food, clean water, nice clothes. I love programming but I might love the beach even more!
Hamburg is the 2nd biggest city of Germany and the biggest city in Europe which is not a capital. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburg
It's not far away from some beaches and in a radius of 150kms there several nice islands. If you are a real man 22^C water temperature should be no problem - or just buy a warm suite. ;-)
anonymous1337

Post by anonymous1337 »

I don't believe in bills, but refusing to pay them gets me evicted at every place I go to.

You ever try being homeless? You can get three square meals a day at the shelter and food pantries. Nice clothes are easy to afford since you don't pay any bills. The public library usually has wi-fi, and water supplies are of course sanitary.
dafhi

Post by dafhi »

anonymous1337 wrote:I don't believe in bills, but refusing to pay them gets me evicted at every place I go to.
good point :)
anonymous1337 wrote: You ever try being homeless? You can get three square meals a day at the shelter and food pantries. Nice clothes are easy to afford since you don't pay any bills. The public library usually has wi-fi, and water supplies are of course sanitary.
interesting. We'll see what happens
jj2007

Post by jj2007 »

There is only one solution: Marry a rich woman who lives near the beach.
dodicat

Post by dodicat »

A 2018 beach.
Plastic boxes, plastic bottles, plastic ropes, plastic pieces in the sand and the same granularity as the sand.
And off beach
Plastic pubs and plastic mugs and plastic beer as well. (quote)
You should consider Heartsprings center.
Short tale:
https://www.e-reading.club/chapter.php/ ... melot.html
The last paragraph for easy reading.

Code: Select all

dim as string s="Let me tell you of the creature called the Bork. It was bom in the heart of a dying star. It was a piece of a man and pieces of many other things. If the things went wrong, the man-piece shut them down and repaired them. If he went wrong, they shut him down and repaired him. It was so skillfully fashioned that it might have lasted forever. But if part of it should die the other pieces need not cease to function, for it could still contrive to carry on the motions the total creature had once performed. It is a thing in a place by the sea that walks beside the water, poking with its forked, metallic stick at the other things the waves have tossed. The human piece, or a piece of the human piece, is dead."
    function wrap(s as string,z as long) as string
        dim as string res
        dim as long ct
        for n as long=0 to len(s)-1
            ct+=1
            res+=chr(s[n])
            if ct>z and s[n]=32 or s[n]=asc(".")  then
                ct=0
                res+=chr(13,10)
            end if
        next
        return res
        end function

print wrap(s,80)

sleep  
jevans4949

Post by jevans4949 »

Ah, Work -the curse of the drinking classes.

The curse of the smoking classes too, nowadays.
jevans4949

Post by jevans4949 »

jj2007 wrote:
In some countries, you could marry a rich man, of course.

But then we shouldn't be making assumptions about your gender.
dafhi

Post by dafhi »

jj2007 wrote:
:D It's probably a toss-up between "math" and "the beach." But I would never marry someone for that. Unless she was like "I insist." Anyway I'm finding new focus on my life path; a potential solution where in today's world none exists. It's esoteric. Hint: I don't believe in nutrition.

Dodicat, again, in other parts of the world, beaches are pristine. All about that paintbrush. You may be thinking in terms of vectors. The solidity of the matrix is only an illusion. I can promise you. https://travel.usnews.com/rankings/worl ... vacations/
nimdays

Post by nimdays »

If you are looking for a beach, go to bali