about WinFBE

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
srvaldez

Re: about WinFBE

Post by srvaldez »

that detail was missed in the update, it's version 1.6.7
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

Thanks guys, working on a new update to fix these issues. Hope to have the new package uploaded as soon as possible.
srvaldez

Post by srvaldez »

hello RNBW
in case you downloaded my calculator, I corrected some bugs so you may want to re-download
info: the calculator stack size is 1000 but only 4 levels are displayed
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

srvaldez wrote:hello RNBW
in case you downloaded my calculator, I corrected some bugs so you may want to re-download
info: the calculator stack size is 1000 but only 4 levels are displayed
Hi
No I didn't download your RPN calculator. I'm just trying to get my head around the Designer at the moment and the code is giving me a headache. It's either that or the current hot weather in the UK.

I've just downloaded the RPN and it doesn't work, but I'm sure that the reason is that I've not got everything set up properly yet. It could be a while!
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

Version 1.6.9 (July 27, 2018)
- Changed: Removed the Preparse database and replaced with static database codetips_winfbx.ini
- Fixed: Some TYPE elements not showing in popup codetips (eg. Text property for Button).

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases

(This upload fixes the previously reported GPF problems resulting from the "Preparse" database that was implemented a couple of releases ago)
fxm

Post by fxm »

OK now.
Thank you.
kankouhin7937

Post by kankouhin7937 »

killde by Symentec Endpoint Protection
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

kankouhin7937 wrote:killde by Symentec Endpoint Protection
Which makes me consider reaching for my uncharacteristic blunt remark hat. However, I shall refrain on this occasion and let someone else chip in. <smile>
plgg6

Post by plgg6 »

New to the forums so pardon if this isn't the most appropriate place for this, perhaps someone could direct me to a better sub-board if one exists.

That out of the way, I've started using WinFBE since I've had to rebuild my machine. Nice work and I appreciate the effort. Again, the feature I'm about to request may already exist, but I don't know about it yet, or if it doesn't (yet), perhaps it can be added, at some point. :)

One thing that I, and perhaps others would find useful would be to be able to set in the environment options default directories for where we like to keep our source code and where we'd like the compiled executables to go when done. In my case, I have a folder c:\Bprogs (for BASIC programs). This is where I keep the executables for quick access.Under that I have C:\Bprogs\Source where I keep the source code, naturally enough. I'd like it if I could set environment variables to default to those two places (or any other that the user chooses, as other people may have a different, though similar scheme). Would save a lot of time, rather than hitting file-->open, then navigate to the folder. Plus I have to copy the executable up from the source to the main folder each time as well.

Otherwise, as I said, a nice environment to work in and it is appreciated!
fxm

Post by fxm »

Welcome to the forum.

For any technical points (questions on existing features, bugs, new feature requests, ...), I recommend you post directly in the project topic:
WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated January 22, 2019)
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

plgg6 wrote:...and where we'd like the compiled executables to go when done. ... Plus I have to copy the executable up from the source to the main folder each time as well.
Use the "Project" functionality of WinFBE.

Under "Project Options" for 32-bit and/or 64-bit, Key in FB's compiler directive that allows you to specify where you want your compiled EXE to be created. I do this with the WinFBE source code itself. WinFBE's source code is stored in a folder called "src" but the WinFBE EXE's are created one folder up.

Here is the text that I use for 32-bit and 64-bit Other Options:
-x "..\WinFBE32.exe"
-x "..\WinFBE64.exe"