Help in return for a donation

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
newbieforever

Help in return for a donation

Post by newbieforever »

That will not be off-topics here, is it?

I look for someone who whould write me a small tool* in freeabsic, for a reasonable donation.

It's about an open source project within the AHK community I'm working on, but I'm not going to do the proof-of-concept because I'm missing this tool. It may take a long time for me to be able to write something like this in freebasic, so I need urgent help.

As I said, I would like to pay a reasonable donation, the project is very important for me personally (though it will probably end up in my drawer...).

Please feel free to answer here or to my forum-member email address.

* ... starting from a first draft written for me by generous PaulSquires:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26806&p=248671#p248688
Tourist Trap

Re: Help in return for a donation

Post by Tourist Trap »

Hello,

I don't think I can help, I'm just a hobbyist and I don't use autohotkey (I did something in autoit one time years ago). What I know is that people here would help you for free if you expose your issue. However if you want it private, hiring someone at your conditions is just your right of course.
newbieforever

Post by newbieforever »

Thank you, Tourist Trap!

No knowledge about AHK is required. What the tool/code is about is reading and writing binary data and a little bit complex dealing with command-line parameters, and the code must support Unicode––that's all!

I've already seen that forum members like to help here (like PaulSquires), but I don't like to abuse such a readiness. My project is my "private pleasure", and if someone helps me, there should be a donation for it. Otherwise everyone could say with good reason: You should learn to program in freeBASIC yourself! (Which I intend to do, but this will take long, and I need the tool now...)

So I hope that someone here takes care of my "simple tool"...
jj2007

Post by jj2007 »

It would certainly help if you gave a detailed description what the tool should do, such as
- read the commandline
- open the file in argument #1
- read the text/the numbers in the file, which has format xxx
- do whatever with it
- write it to file in arg #2
etc etc
newbieforever

Post by newbieforever »

Thank you, jj2007, I sent you a message to your member-email address.
counting_pine
Site Admin

Post by counting_pine »

You may want to consider posting a fuller description here, because a lot of people may not be interested until they have a (fairly) complete specification in some form.
dodicat

Post by dodicat »

Have you tried strip.exe for your executable.
Strip.exe is in the mingw package.
Freebasic strips it's .exe files anyway, but strip.exe will reduce the size of a bloated .exe file.
Easy to use:
<strip.exe bloat.exe>

You could probably download strip.exe from the web.
But I can stick a copy in mediafire for a million dollars.
Tourist Trap

Post by Tourist Trap »

dodicat wrote:
You could probably download strip.exe from the web.
But I can stick a copy in mediafire for a million dollars.
I offer half this amount, and I join libreoffice for free with. You'rvevturned very expensive since you brexited ;)
jj2007

Post by jj2007 »

newbieforever wrote:Thank you, jj2007, I sent you a message to your member-email address.
Can you explain in a few words what the executables do that you want to be extracted and then launched?
newbieforever

Post by newbieforever »

counting_pine wrote:You may want to consider posting a fuller description...
Of course, yes. See this Launcher.doc:

http://jux.bez.one/launcher/Launcher.doc
srvaldez

Post by srvaldez »

it really doesn't explain why you want manipulate the files in binary, what's the purpose of this?
without a clear explanation I can imagine that it's some kind of malware.
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

srvaldez wrote:it really doesn't explain why you want manipulate the files in binary, what's the purpose of this?
without a clear explanation I can imagine that it's some kind of malware.
Agreed.
newbieforever

Post by newbieforever »

srvaldez wrote:it really doesn't explain why you want manipulate the files in binary...I can imagine that it's some kind of malware.
& Imortis

Oh my God! Did you read the description? I am beginning to suffer from paranoia: today all people seem to believe that I am following them... What did I do to deserve this? No, this is not another question to be answered here, it is meant rhetorically. I would really appreciate it if only people who are willing to help me constructively answer me. Everyone else should think what they want (yes, I am planning a mega-sized cyberattack) and leave me alone. Sorry.
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

newbieforever wrote:Oh my God! Did you read the description?
I read this post and the other where you started asking about this. You refused to say what this was for there and here. The actions you are attempting to take can be used for nefarious purposes. Not saying there is no benevolent use for this code, but the sketchiness of the request combined with the refusal to give any real info on WHY makes myself (and others, clearly) hesitant to help out.
newbieforever

Post by newbieforever »

@Imortis:

OK, that is now clear, thanks!