Lost password = lost account?

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
Provoni2

Lost password = lost account?

Post by Provoni2 »

Hey all,

I lost the password to my account "Provoni" while moving to a new computer.

1. "I forgot my password" does not work:

Code: Select all

This page isn’t working
www.freebasic.net is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500
2. In the course of 2 weeks I submitted at least 2 applications via "Contact us", and received no response.

3. "Chat Now!" is not working.

4. Need to make a new e-mail and new account just to get this through.

5. https://media3.giphy.com/media/RBeddeaQ5Xo0E/giphy.gif

6. Sorry for the drama.

Provoni
counting_pine
Site Admin

Re: Lost password = lost account?

Post by counting_pine »

Not sure why the Forgot Password feature isn't working, that might need looking into..

I could reset your password and email the new password to your old account's email address. Would that be OK?
fxm

Post by fxm »

Provoni2 wrote:In the course of 2 weeks I submitted at least 2 applications via "Contact us", and received no response.
I had a similar adventure in late 2011 / early 2012 when I could not access freebasic.net anymore ('403 Forbidden error'):
- I so sent a message to a FreeBASIC administrator, via sourceforge.net, but without any response.
- Many days later, I found by chance that it worked by Internet Explorer (I usually use FireFox) and therefore concluded that it came from me.
- So I contacted plasma on phatcode.net (host of freebasic.net) who guessed the cause and sent me the solution (blocking due to my browser useragent), all in less than two days!
Provoni2

Post by Provoni2 »

counting_pine wrote: Not sure why the Forgot Password feature isn't working, that might need looking into..

I could reset your password and email the new password to your old account's email address. Would that be OK?
Yes please.
Provoni2

Post by Provoni2 »

fxm wrote:
Provoni2 wrote:In the course of 2 weeks I submitted at least 2 applications via "Contact us", and received no response.
I had a similar adventure in late 2011 / early 2012 when I could not access freebasic.net anymore ('403 Forbidden error'):
- I so sent a message to a FreeBASIC administrator, via sourceforge.net, but without any response.
- Many days later, I found by chance that it worked by Internet Explorer (I usually use FireFox) and therefore concluded that it came from me.
- So I contacted plasma on phatcode.net (host of freebasic.net) who guessed the cause and sent me the solution (blocking due to my browser useragent), all in less than two days!
Ok, I have submitted a form to plasma with the issues.
fxm

Post by fxm »

Perhaps you did not well understand my remark (it was mainly, like for you, about the non response of admin to my mail). My problem was not a login problem but an upstream problem on access to the host of freebasic.net/forum.
Although Plasma is excellent, I do not think it is best placed to solve the problem of "I forgot my password" forum command.
Provoni2

Post by Provoni2 »

counting_pine wrote: Not sure why the Forgot Password feature isn't working, that might need looking into..

I have not received an email yet.
counting_pine
Site Admin

Post by counting_pine »

I'm sorry, I've not sent one yet.
Provoni

Post by Provoni »

Thank you, I am back.
Provoni

Post by Provoni »

fxm wrote: Perhaps you did not well understand my remark (it was mainly, like for you, about the non response of admin to my mail). My problem was not a login problem but an upstream problem on access to the host of freebasic.net/forum.
Although Plasma is excellent, I do not think it is best placed to solve the problem of "I forgot my password" forum command.
Oops :)