What's new since the last release awaiting in the night build?

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
Tourist Trap

What's new since the last release awaiting in the night build?

Post by Tourist Trap »

Hello everyone,

I'm of those that don't really try to get the night builds, so I'm still with the 1.05 release. But I feel that with the time things have evolved that will be reachable with the 1.06 when released. Just by curiosity , can we say that new features are awaiting or a fair amount of essential bug fixes? Or at present day, this would not be accurate.

By the way, just to be informed in one pass, is there something going on with the documentation that could be advertised? I dont know, like a printed book that I would have missed at my bookstore ?

Thanks as usual for keeping this going forward!
srvaldez

Re: What's new since the last release awaiting in the night build?

Post by srvaldez »

hi Tourist Trap
there's only one FB book that I am aware of and it's for beginners which I know you are not https://sourceforge.net/projects/fbeginner/
dkl
Site Admin

Post by dkl »

Hi,

there is a changelog.txt that documents the not-yet-released changes in the section for the not-yet-released version 1.06.
sancho3

Post by sancho3 »

offtopic:
Good to hear from you TT. We haven't heard from you in a while and I was going to ask about you.
Tourist Trap

Post by Tourist Trap »

srvaldez wrote:hi Tourist Trap
there's only one FB book that I am aware of and it's for beginners which I know you are not https://sourceforge.net/projects/fbeginner/
Hello, thanks a lot srvaldez, it recalled me to look back again at this precious ressource and I found that the chapter on bitwise operations and UNIONS are very well written. I would recommend this now and for ever. That's unfortunate that the book was not updated and augmented since then.
dkl wrote: there is a changelog.txt that documents the not-yet-released changes in the section for the not-yet-released version 1.06.
Hi dkl, nice to get the right answer from you here once again!
sancho3 wrote:offtopic:
Good to hear from you TT. We haven't heard from you in a while and I was going to ask about you.
Hi sancho2 ;) I knew that this was you under this brand new version of your name! I wanted to get news myself from here quite often, and to post some stuff that I still have store here and there on the disks, but time is not of great abundance those days!
I've been passing an eye or two many times anyway, and as usual I was happy to find your style very readable to my eyes (the reason for that being, unless I'm wrong, you definitely got the turn of hand at coding that visual studio tends to print to his assiduous users!).