FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2024.03.03)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
dodicat

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2017.12.16)

Post by dodicat »

Thanks I have it now.
I removed everything and started again.
St_W

Post by St_W »

As that compiler options dialog doesn't seem to be very intuitive: what about changing the dialog like this:
- remove the "apply" button
- replace the "run" and "close" buttons by "ok" and "cancel"
- save all changes if the dialog is closed with "ok", otherwise drop/ignore all changes
- maybe an additional "apply" button (beside "ok" and "cancel") could be added, which saves all changes, but doesn't close the dialog (if such a button is necessary? I think it isn't really ...)
dixiony

Post by dixiony »

In the latest version (I do not know how in others), colors do not change when selecting a theme in the settings. Pressing the Apply button also has no effect. Colors change only when the program is restarted.
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

dixiony wrote:In the latest version (I do not know how in others), colors do not change when selecting a theme in the settings. Pressing the Apply button also has no effect. Colors change only when the program is restarted.
Fixed at rev.347
St_W wrote:As that compiler options dialog doesn't seem to be very intuitive: what about changing the dialog like this:
- remove the "apply" button
- replace the "run" and "close" buttons by "ok" and "cancel"
- save all changes if the dialog is closed with "ok", otherwise drop/ignore all changes
- maybe an additional "apply" button (beside "ok" and "cancel") could be added, which saves all changes, but doesn't close the dialog (if such a button is necessary? I think it isn't really ...)
Umm, I'll try to change at next rev.
St_W

Post by St_W »

Kuan Hsu wrote:
St_W wrote:As that compiler options dialog doesn't seem to be very intuitive: what about changing the dialog like this: [...]
Just a suggestion. Maybe anyone else can comment on it or provide an improved suggestion?
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

St_W wrote:
Kuan Hsu wrote:
St_W wrote:As that compiler options dialog doesn't seem to be very intuitive: what about changing the dialog like this: [...]
Just a suggestion. Maybe anyone else can comment on it or provide an improved suggestion?
I'll seperate "Set Custom Compiler Options..." and "Compiler Options / EXEArguments", like below:

"Set Custom Compiler Options...": ( Right-click the left-bottom icon )
- more intuitive
- remove the "apply" icon button
- add the "ok", save all changes if the dialog is closed with "ok", otherwise drop/ignore all changes

"Compiler Options / EXEArguments": ( Right-click the buttons on toolbar )
- remove the "Custom Compiler Options" setting toolbar, but still can select the listitem to get the its option
- the "Run" is about Compile / build action, I'll keep the name

Changed at rev.348, done~~
dixiony

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2017.12.23)

Post by dixiony »

Thank you for correcting and improving your editor!

Can I fix this? Sorry that did not immediately notice this. You can tab on the next line after pressing the Enter key.
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

dixiony wrote:Thank you for correcting and improving your editor!

Can I fix this? Sorry that did not immediately notice this. You can tab on the next line after pressing the Enter key.
Like this??
dixiony

Post by dixiony »

No.I can not show it on some example, but I'll try. Also, I do not know English to say what I think :)
On the animation, I pressed the Enter key, and then the Enter + Shift key combination. This action does not allow you to duplicate the completion of a block in yet another block, but simply moves the cursor to a new line. I would like to do this simply by pressing Enter key with line feed and indent.

St_W

Post by St_W »

In short, the autocompletion should only add what is missing, and shouldn't add anything if a block end statement is already there.
dixiony

Post by dixiony »

Yes, absolutely true!
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

St_W wrote:In short, the autocompletion should only add what is missing, and shouldn't add anything if a block end statement is already there.
dixiony wrote:Yes, absolutely true!
I understand now, I'll modify but I think the code will not always 100% fit what we need, like below( when line(1) press ENTER ):
The 100% correct position is decide by human.....^^

The new code logic is:
(0) By above pic:
(1) if we have not "wend", insert new one to line(2)
(2) if we have "wend"( at line(7) ), check line(2) ~ line(6) include "while" or not, if we get "while", insert "wend" to line(2)
dixiony

Post by dixiony »

The 100% correct position is decide by human
I do not agree. This works in the editor FbEdit. On the animation, I always press the Enter key. As you can see after pressing the Enter key and if there is a block end, one more end of the block is not created.

Install the FBEdit editor and see how it works.

Achaean

Post by Achaean »

I tried installing IUP at my system (Debian Jessie), but even if everything installed successfully, IUP libraries ain't available.
Did someone succeeded, installing IUP on Debian???

To the developer: Installing IUP seems to be buggy (at least for non Ubuntu based systems), so please consider another method of distribution for Poseidon (an AppImage (better option, worldwidth availability) , a repository (Debian based only from my knowledge) etc).

Happy New Year for everyone!!! :-)
To the developer: Best of Luck with it! Seems really promising!!! ;-)
dixiony

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2018.01.01)

Post by dixiony »

1. After the declaration of the procedure or function and pressing the Enter key, a procedure or function block is obtained. Can I fix this?

2. After you press the Tab key, sometimes the cursor jumps to two tab stops, rather than one. For example, in the settings there is a tab for three indents, and when the Tab key is pressed, the cursor becomes at the sixth position.

3. In the program settings on the "Keywords" tab, when you change the word list and click the Apply button, all program settings are deleted.