32 to 64

New to FreeBASIC? Post your questions here.
opicard

Re: 32 to 64

Post by opicard »

D.J.Peters wrote:I fixed and tested the 64-bit version with 3 cameras here are the download: AI_64b_fixed.zip

In escapi.bi (I wrote it many years ago for 32-bit) you have to replace all integer with long
and in the *bas file you have to replace CPtr(integer ptr,lpImage) with CPtr(ulong ptr,lpImage)

thats all :-)

Joshy
IT WORKS!... MANY THANKS (once more...)
opicard

Post by opicard »

caseih wrote:Deleted.
Thanks for you help
opicard

Post by opicard »

St_W wrote:
MrSwiss wrote:you've at least twice stated "Escapi Dll", which I assume to be 32bit, this then means: [...]
The DLL is 64-bits, just have a look at the download. So none of the suggested actions are necessary. Note that a an 64-bit application wouldn't even compile when a 32-bit DLL is used (except when everything is loaded dynamically and no import libs are used).

@opicat: could you add the included "escapi.bi" file (and other non-standard include files required to compile, if there are any) on OneDrive? Additionally it would be nice if you could add a working 32-bit build or a 32-bit version of escapi.dll, so that the correct behavior of the application can be seen. I'll take a closer look on the code on thursday because I'm quite busy right now.
Thanks for your help!
opicard

Post by opicard »

MrSwiss wrote:@opicard,

you've at least twice stated "Escapi Dll", which I assume to be 32bit, this then means:
the "Escapi Dll" would have to be converted and re-compiled to 64bit, before anything
else is looked at ... (if the source is still available).
or
a different library (64bit), with similar functionality, needs to be found, first ...
thenks for your help!
opicard

Post by opicard »

[quote="fxm"]Size of Integers and Pointers is 32 bits in 32-bit mode and 64 bits in 64-bit mode.
More details about non-functioning in 64-bit would be welcome.

Sometimes a real bug (such as accessing out of its allocated memory) can even be inconsequential in 32-bit and cause a crash in 64-bit (depending on memory mapping).

Does your program work in 32-bit, compiled with gas and also compiled with gcc?[/quote

Thanks for your help!
opicard

Post by opicard »

BasicCoder2 wrote:
opicard wrote:Ok thanks, but it works very successfully since 5 years without any error on a 32 bit windows system... see https://www.youtube.com/user/Picolclav
Really? That is a FreeBASIC program using a webcam?
My usb webcam images were too slow and I had to rely on the laptop's inbuilt camera for fastest responses.

Although I could translate the text of the page I was unable to follow the utube speech as I am limited to the English language.
I think there are visual systems that warn drivers if they stray over a white line. Most of our major highways also have little bumps that cause a vibrating sound should you wander over the line.
Thanks for your help!
opicard

Post by opicard »

paul doe wrote:
opicard wrote:OK to share, but 22 000 lines too big! is there some other way to send you the code?
You can also use GitHub. It's not only for source code, you can put anything in the repository if you wish (all the data that you program needs to run, for example, images, dlls and the like)
Thanks for your help!
opicard

Post by opicard »

grindstone wrote:Only a suggestion: Replace all Integer keywords with Long (using find & replace of your IDE) and all UInteger with ULong and see if it works. I can't test it, I'm still on 32bit.
Thanks for your help!
St_W

Post by St_W »

<off topic>
What about introducing a "Thanks" button or "like"/"dislike" buttons for posts?
That would make the discussions cleaner by avoiding "Thank you" posts.
MrSwiss wrote: Your snotty, smart-ass comments, aren't worth reading, anyway.
@MrSwiss
My "smart-ass" comments are at least technically correct and not repeating what has been already said previously. And if you had read the thread you would have seen that your post is obsolete (so the posts before yours are indeed worth reading).
St_W wrote:If you're using an external DLL you need it as 64-bit version for the 64-bit build, but I guess you're already doing that correctly as it probably wouldn't even compile otherwise.
</off topic>