General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
HillbillyGeek

Post by HillbillyGeek »

I was trying to upload one for my profile, but can't seem to figure out how to do that.........

Any ideas??
MrSwiss

Re: Avatar??

Post by MrSwiss »

Simple: there is no such thing, in this forum ...
WilfredoFulcher

Post by WilfredoFulcher »

Been looking for the answer to that question....Just saw this post....Tht is way everyone is a question mark.
mrToad

Post by mrToad »

Just curious why it's disabled or perhaps not possible? Might give the place a little more color and personalization eh? :D Optionally I think signatures can contain an image, but nobody's doing that.
MrSwiss

Post by MrSwiss »

mrToad wrote:Just curious why it's disabled or perhaps not possible?
It's disabled (the forum SW, could) but, IMHO of no consequence (this is a no-nonsense forum).
mrToad wrote:Might give the place a little more color and personalization eh?
It might at the very same time be, diverting attention, from the important matters.
mrToad

Post by mrToad »

MrSwiss wrote:
mrToad wrote:Just curious why it's disabled or perhaps not possible?
It's disabled (the forum SW, could) but, IMHO of no consequence (this is a no-nonsense forum).
mrToad wrote:Might give the place a little more color and personalization eh?
It might at the very same time be, diverting attention, from the important matters.
Well I suppose people may make prejudgments based on an avatar and that could effect their view of the post material... Or perhaps be totally consumed by the awesomeness of the avatar that they forgot what to type. ;) Overall the avatar may not have much relevance to the kind of discussions (in most of the forum sections.) But I always did like a little personal expression, as we are still individuals and relationships are sometimes formed and may be gently enhanced through a mild amount of personal expression. Those are my only thoughts, but I can understand what you mean and have no trouble with it.
MrSwiss

Post by MrSwiss »

In previous times, there was a "ranking system" implemented, which was scrapped later on, based on
my initiative, since it was solely based on "post count", which doesn't make sense (no quality checks).
mrToad

Post by mrToad »

MrSwiss wrote:In previous times, there was a "ranking system" implemented, which was scrapped later on, based on
my initiative, since it was solely based on "post count", which doesn't make sense (no quality checks).
I would have to totally agree with that decision.
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

This is my avatar at PowerBASIC.

I didn't tell anyone that photograph was taken 25 years ago when I was much more handsome than I am today. One of the guys found out and complained that it gave me an unfair advantage with the ladies on the forum. I showed him a current photograph and he reckoned that would frighten the horses and withdrew his complaint.
MrSwiss

Post by MrSwiss »

deltarho[1859] wrote:I didn't tell anyone that photograph was taken 25 years ago when ...
:lol:
(I like that sort of humor(AE)/humour(BE))
marcov

Post by marcov »

deltarho[1859] wrote: that photograph was taken 25 years ago
How long is that in Dog years ? :-)
mrToad

Post by mrToad »

deltarho[1859] wrote:This is my avatar at PowerBASIC.

I didn't tell anyone that photograph was taken 25 years ago when I was much more handsome than I am today. One of the guys found out and complained that it gave me an unfair advantage with the ladies on the forum. I showed him a current photograph and he reckoned that would frighten the horses and withdrew his complaint.
For that avatar alone I would have to vote for turning them back on. ;D

Well mine was going to be a tripped out Mr.Toad.

Sadly I think now posting this there shall never again be a chance for avatars.

Although this could be a pretty fun thread...
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

marcov wrote:How long is that in Dog years ? :-)
175, actually, but what does that have to do with it? Are you implying that I look like a dog? I don't come here to be insulted to which someone replies "Oh really, where do you normally go?" [The old ones are the best. <smile>]

@mrToad
With two such avatars in the same post I can see many a lady forum member grasping for their smelling salts.

Someone once asked me if I was Jewish. I thought that was a strange question and he said "You have a knack for taking the mickey out of yourself and Jewish folk are masters at it". I told him I was an atheist. He said "You are an atheist with humour like that?". I said "Look, pal, when you are an atheist you need all the humour you can get".
marcov

Post by marcov »

deltarho[1859] wrote:
marcov wrote:How long is that in Dog years ? :-)
175, actually, but what does that have to do with it? Are you implying that I look like a dog? I don't come here to be insulted to which someone replies "Oh really, where do you normally go?" [The old ones are the best. <smile>]
Chill, have a biscuit :-)
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

Oh, thank you. You don't mind if I dip it in my tea do you? Oh, I didn't pull it out quick enough and it fell in. I hate it when that happens. More tea, vicar?