Screen I/O for newbies [Updated 2017-10-14]

Post your FreeBASIC source, examples, tips and tricks here. Please don’t post code without including an explanation.
Trinity

Re: Screen I/O for newbies

Post by Trinity »

fxm wrote:With the mouse, you can select a part of the text window (with the left button), copy it (with the right button) and finally paste it as text elsewhere.
If you are referring to the (console ?) windows then I can not copy anything of the diagonals with a mouse - does not work in those windows. If you are referring to copying the code text in question here from the work area in the IDE then code runs just fine as is and does so also without fail on my PC when copied to another work area in same IDE or to another IDE.
fxm

Post by fxm »

You can configure the Command prompt Window through the properties dialog box. This can be reached in the menu that is opened by left-clicking the icon in the left-top corner.
In the menu that opens choose "Properties".
In the "Options" tab, the "Quick Edit" mode allows you to use the mouse to cut and paste text to and from the command window. You can also choose insert or overwriting for editing by checking or unchecking "Insert Mode".
But in this configuration, the mouse does not longer work through the FreeBASIC keywords.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

fxm wrote:You can configure the Command prompt Window through the properties dialog box. This can be reached in the menu that is opened by left-clicking the icon in the left-top corner.
Brilliant , Thank you very much , I never knew that you can do that . I learn so much here at the freebasic.net forum :-D
Thank you.

That just makes your problem that more interesting and strange though I can not duplicate it here...
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

grindstone wrote:don't refer timing to something that depends on the system speed.
What you asked for has been fulfilled as best I could :-)
: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26018&p=237707#p237707
fxm

Post by fxm »

fxm wrote:You can configure the Command prompt Window through the properties dialog box. This can be reached in the menu that is opened by left-clicking the icon in the left-top corner.
In the menu that opens choose "Properties".
In the "Options" tab, the "Quick Edit" mode allows you to use the mouse to cut and paste text to and from the command window. You can also choose insert or overwriting for editing by checking or unchecking "Insert Mode".
But in this configuration, the mouse does not longer work through the FreeBASIC keywords.
No more problem now with the latest current version of fbc.
Last changelog.txt:
Version 1.08.0
[fixed]
- github #216: function getMouse() seems broken on Win10 when using the Console Mode (screen 0), fixed by turn off the QuickEdit console mode during GetMouse (adeyblue)
(the problem was not only for Windows 10. It seems to me that it was already there with Windows 7)