WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.1.0 June 4, 2023)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
Trinity

Re: WinFBE FreeBASIC Editor for Windows (Updated September 6, 2017)

Post by Trinity »

fxm wrote:Some times I get the same error (error 0xc0000005) with my professional PC, but only after a PC boot:
- If it's OK at the first FBIDE execution, it's remains OK for the following FBIDE executions up to next reboot.
- If it's NOK at the first FBIDE execution, it's remains NOK for the following FBIDE executions up to next reboot.

See more details in my previous post at:
viewtopic.php?p=234368#p234368
and see also the full topic.
Thank you for your answer with respect to the FBIDE , A reboot seem to have fixed the problem but not to derail this WinFBE topic I will answer in full in this thread :
viewtopic.php?p=234368#p234368
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

Trinity wrote:Just tried to install v. 1.5.3 of WinFBE64 on Win 7 , 64 bit but could not due to an error running installer :
Localization file could not be loaded. Aborting application.
<path to installer>\\Languages\english.lang
Hi Trinity,

WinFBE does not have an installer. You simply need to unzip the download onto your computer ensuring to preserve the folder structure. The error you are seeing is because WinFBE can not locate the default English language file used by the program to display messages, labels, menu items, etc.

Download the latest release from: https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
Unzip the files

The folder structure should look something like this:

WinFBE-1.5.3
---Languages
---Sample_Projects
---Settings
---src
---Templates
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

PaulSquires wrote:
Trinity wrote:Just tried to install v. 1.5.3 of WinFBE64 on Win 7 , 64 bit but could not due to an error running installer :
Localization file could not be loaded. Aborting application.
<path to installer>\\Languages\english.lang
Hi Trinity,

WinFBE does not have an installer. You simply need to unzip the download onto your computer ensuring to preserve the folder structure. The error you are seeing is because WinFBE can not locate the default English language file used by the program to display messages, labels, menu items, etc.

Download the latest release from: https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
Unzip the files

The folder structure should look something like this:

WinFBE-1.5.3
---Languages
---Sample_Projects
---Settings
---src
---Templates
Thank you very much for your kind answer and understanding Paul :-)
I must have screwed up then (?) , I downloaded the WinFBE64 from this page on github because I thought that it was a exe version of the installer :
https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE
I know that github is used mostly for sharing code but I have never used it myself (except for one time I tried to grab some code) and I thought that it was the exe of the installer that I downloaded , my file is from the page referred to and it is a file named WinFBE64 ,File type : Application (.exe) , Size : 726 KB (743.424 bytes) .
I can not run that exe for reason given so I can not find out whats in it. But I will look for another download later. Thank you very much :-)

Edit :
P.S.
I checked it out , and realize that the problem has mostly been my lack of understanding of Github. However it just furthered confusion that the downloads that you referred to were marked source rather than exe and source . Anyways it seem as I figured it out thanks to your help and understanding , the file I originally downloaded was just a little part of the greater zip that you referred to.
Thank you very much and please excuse my confusion and lack of knowledge of how Github works .
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

Awesome, happy to hear that you were able to get it working. I can see why it would be confusing.
St_W

Post by St_W »

The reason for the confusion is probably that normally binaries and other artifacts of the build process are not included in the source repository as it really should contain source files only (= files that are not generated automatically by some tool).
If one does so, the "source code" download link on the releases page will indeed contain only source code. Binary files (like a release build) can be attached as additional files to a release version.
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

Minor update to the WinFBE editor:

Version 1.5.4 (September 26, 2017)
- Added: StatusBar now displays number of lines in the loaded document.
- Added: Chinese language file created by Steven Hua.
- Changed: Cleaned up code where appending unnecessary "\" to AfxGetExePathName function calls.
- Changed: Updated WinFBX library to Release Candidate 31.

Download from: https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
D.J.Peters

Re: WinFBE FreeBASIC Editor for Windows (Updated September 26, 2017)

Post by D.J.Peters »

I opened the winfbe project and selected the right path of the 64-bit compiler
If try to build the project it fails all or most of the IIF() statements have ampersand char like this IF&() ?

Joshy
Josep Roca

Post by Josep Roca »

> I opened the winfbe project and selected the right path of the 64-bit compiler
> If try to build the project it fails all or most of the IIF() statements have ampersand char like this IF&() ?

That's very strange because the code of the editor has not a single IIF&() in it.
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

D.J.Peters wrote:I opened the winfbe project and selected the right path of the 64-bit compiler
If try to build the project it fails all or most of the IIF() statements have ampersand char like this IF&() ?

Joshy
Hi Joshy, are you saying that trying to build the WinFBE editor itself that you are getting errors? Like Jose says, the editor source code does not use any IF&() syntax anywhere in the source code. Maybe you mean that you are trying to build one of your own personal projects that includes source code containing that IF syntax?
Just let me know and if it is an error with WinFBE and I will certainly fix it.
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

It looks like it is almost all in the AFX files.

And one error in a define in the modSciLexer.bi

It is not too many I was able to fix all but the define, but that is one is only left because I don't know what it was supposed to be.
Josep Roca

Post by Josep Roca »

And can we know which are these errors? I'm not getting any.
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

Code: Select all

FreeBASIC Compiler - Version 1.06.0 (09-21-2017), built for win64 (64bit)
Copyright (C) 2004-2016 The FreeBASIC development team.
standalone
target:       win64, x86-64, 64bit
compiling:    F:\FB\WinFBE\src\WinFBE.bas -o F:\FB\WinFBE\src\WinFBE.c (main module)
F:\FB\WinFBE\src\Afx\AfxStr.inc(1125) error 147: Suffixes are only valid in -lang fb or deprecated or fblite in 'DIM fReverse AS BOOLEAN = IIF&(nPosition < 0, TRUE, FALSE)'
F:\FB\WinFBE\src\Afx\AfxWin.inc(140) error 147: Suffixes are only valid in -lang fb or deprecated or fblite in 'FUNCTION = IIF&(dwVersion < &H80000000, 2, 1)'
F:\FB\WinFBE\src\Afx\AfxWin.inc(1488) error 147: Suffixes are only valid in -lang fb or deprecated or fblite in 'hWndTmp = IIF&(GetWindowLongPtrW(hwndParent, GWL_STYLE) AND WS_CHILD, GetParent(hwndParent), GetWindow(hWndParent, GW_OWNER))'
F:\FB\WinFBE\src\Afx\AfxWin.inc(1654) error 147: Suffixes are only valid in -lang fb or deprecated or fblite in 'FUNCTION = IIF&(SetWindowLongPtrW(hwnd, DWLP_MSGRESULT, result), TRUE, FALSE)'
F:\FB\WinFBE\src\Afx\AfxWin.inc(2704) error 147: Suffixes are only valid in -lang fb or deprecated or fblite in 'bi.bmiHeader.biBitCount = IIF&(bpp <> 0, bpp, GetDeviceCaps(hDC, BITSPIXEL_))'
F:\FB\WinFBE\src\Afx\AfxCtl.inc(1461) error 147: Suffixes are only valid in -lang fb or deprecated or fblite in 'FUNCTION = SendMessageW(hListBox, IIF&((GetWindowLongPtrW(hListBox, GWL_STYLE) AND LBS_MULTIPLESEL), LB_SETSEL, LB_SETCURSEL), index, 0)'
F:\FB\WinFBE\src\Afx\AfxCtl.inc(2431) error 147: Suffixes are only valid in -lang fb or deprecated or fblite in 'FUNCTION = SendMessageW(hToolBar, TB_ADDSTRINGW, CAST(WPARAM, hInst), IIF&(hInst = NULL, idString, MAKELONG(idString, 0)))'
F:\FB\WinFBE\src\Afx\AfxCtl.inc(3377) error 147: Suffixes are only valid in -lang fb or deprecated or fblite in 'TreeView_SetItemState(hwndTV, hItem, IIF&(fBold = 0, 0, TVIS_BOLD), TVIS_BOLD)'
F:\FB\WinFBE\src\modSciLexer.bi(415) error 147: Suffixes are only valid in -lang fb or deprecated or fblite in '#Define SCE_B_#DefineANT                             13'
F:\FB\WinFBE\src\frmMain.inc(366) error 147: Suffixes are only valid in -lang fb or deprecated or fblite in 'strFill = vbcrlf & SPACE$(nSpaces) & strEnd'
F:\FB\WinFBE\src\frmMain.inc(366) error 132: Too many errors, exiting
I am going to guess that you guys are using the last official release of the compiler.
Josep Roca

Post by Josep Roca »

> I am going to guess that you guys are using the last official release of the compiler.

Certainly. Where can I get 1.06?

If the problem is the & after IIF, I can easily fix it. I was used to it with PowerBasic and as 1.05 does not complain I wasn't aware of any problem.
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

Thanks Imortis, appreciate the report. I haven't used 1.06 either so wasn't aware of the change.
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

Yeah. There is a bug in 1.05 that allows the suffixes to be used outside of -lang "qb". It was fixed in 1.06.

Nightly builds can be found here:
http://users.freebasic-portal.de/stw/builds/