[offtopic] Bloosh is almost complete.

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
Dr_D

[offtopic] Bloosh is almost complete.

Post by Dr_D »

Hey guys, I don't know if any of you are interested... Not even sure of posting this here is allowed. (If it isn't sorry Admin, please remove)
Sir_mud and I will be releasing our game Bloosh within the next month or so. We're getting ready to open for Beta testing.
Basically, I've learned everything I know from this community, so I just wanted to sincerely thank you.
Without this community, I would have been in the dark ages, plunking around, trying to figure things out on my own for who knows how long.
Anyway, we're working on promotional videos now, so I'd like you guys to see the latest one. Peace and love! :)

Bloosh Promo Video
St_W

Re: [offtopic] Bloosh is almost complete.

Post by St_W »

Looks really nice according to the video. I'm looking forward to a first public demo version.

Maybe you can elaborate a bit on the implementation and development process & tools ? - no matter what programming language you used.
Lachie Dazdarian

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

Had the pleasure to test this. You got my feedback, so I hope you'll iron out some of the things I mentioned. The bugs at minimum.

Any chance for a PC version?
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

Well, we used the Unity engine. C# and Java. I used Lightwave for the modeling. Photoshop and gimp for the textures. Fruity loops, guitar and piano for the music. All kinds of weird things for the sounds. The current build should have the bugs fixed, plus more responsive controls and animated dialogue. We'll make the menu more dynamic before the final release... Just needed it to function so we could get it out for testing. If all goes well on Google play, we would like to get it up on Steam, or some other PC marketplace. :)