FB debugger : 3.02 32/64 BIT WDS/LNX..... (2023/07/05)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
St_W

Re: FB debugger : 2.90 32/64 BIT ..... (oct 3th, 2015)

Post by St_W »

Maybe ignoring/resetting the window coordinates / size in the config file when they are outside screen coordinates / invalid would be possible?

e.g. GetSystemMetrics to get the max coordinates
and invalid when not SM_XVIRTUALSCREEN <= x < SM_XVIRTUALSCREEN+SM_CXVIRTUALSCREEN and 0 <= y < SM_YVIRTUALSCREEN+SM_CYVIRTUALSCREEN

just an idea...
Luis Babboni

Post by Luis Babboni »

Hi people,

I couldn´t run the debug.

It appears this signal:

ERROR When reading memory : 299
Exit loading

Any hint?
SARG

Post by SARG »

Hi Luis,

There is a problem reading the memory of the debuggee when loading all the necessary data for debugging.
In tools menu select 'translate Win message' (299) to get the text in your own language.
However no enough information to say what is exactly the reason.
Send me the exe and I'll try to understand and eventually fix this issue.

SARG
Luis Babboni

Post by Luis Babboni »

Thanks SARG!!

I solved returning to a previous backup and start modifying it again and now no problems.
The compilation seems to be made fine, and the program works fine, the error appears just when try to debug it.

Here a link to the exe but please dont waste your time for me in this, I asked just in case is a easy fool mistake or I will not find the solution I actually found:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ucz ... g.rar?dl=0
SARG

Post by SARG »

Hi all,

A new version 2.91 :-) See first post for details. http://users.freebasic-portal.de/sarg/fbdebugger291.zip

The most important adding : it's possible to 'track' automatically an array just by associating variables used as indexes. When their values are changed the displayed value of the array is updated. New option in proc/var contextual menu.

• '' First select the variable(s) (no single or double) used for indexation then select the array
    '' You can do in inverse order (first indexes then array) but the display can not obviously be immediatly updated
    '' The text in the menu option is updated whith the name of these variables.
    '' Now any change on the variables (edit , direct change in memory, execution debuggee) is used to modify the display
    '' When the array or the indexes don't exist any more (ending sub or proc) all is reset
    '' Only one array at a time
    '' No need to select the same number of indexes than the the number of dim. Just respect the order. eg if 3 dims and want to see the change for the last one fill only the index 3.
    '' the 2 first stay the current ones. But not possible to remove only one index. reset all then assign again.
    '' Indexes can't be out of bounds (lower and upper) it's checked to avoid bad results.... eg with for/next loop at the end iterator is equal to endvalue +1
    '' Caution when indexes are defined for an array the changes done by 'select index' are overridden
Luis Babboni

Re: FB debugger : 2.91 32/64 BIT ..... (Aug 20th, 2016)

Post by Luis Babboni »

Debugger for 64 bits!!! Nice!!!

Thanks SARG!! :-)
Luis Babboni

Post by Luis Babboni »

Comment: sometimes I could not close some tabs.
SARG

Post by SARG »

Hi Luis,

Could you give more information about that issue : what tabs ( source code, normaly not closed by the user) and version (32/64Bit, GAS/GCC) ?
Or better a short example ;-)
Luis Babboni

Post by Luis Babboni »

SARG wrote:Hi Luis,

Could you give more information about that issue : what tabs ( source code, normaly not closed by the user) and version (32/64Bit, GAS/GCC) ?
Or better a short example ;-)
I can´t reproduce the problem now. Happens me twice. When appears again I´ll inform you.
Luis Babboni

Post by Luis Babboni »

Hi again,

I defined, first time I did something like this, my own user defined type.
And it have many dimensions.
My problem now is that I do not know how to see its values:

In the windows, where I want to could change the index and see differents values, nothing appears.
In the main window on the right seems that try to show the last load but nothing be loaded.

Any hint?

Thanks!
SARG

Post by SARG »

Hi Luis,

Not sure to understand the problem ;-)

With udt (user defined type) the index selection box can't display the values so change the index then click on APPLY button to see all the field values updated in the proc/var tab.

You could also use the show/expand option.

Hope that's you want if not please explain again.
Luis Babboni

Post by Luis Babboni »

Thanks, now I understand. Works for me this way!!
Must be just some mistake then by my side in how to load values.
Luis Babboni

Post by Luis Babboni »

I need to start using FB 64 bits for my chess engine.
At least seems that cause function mod() do not works if the argument is a longint number. I´m right?
With 64 bits FB version works without problem.

My problem now is that seems the 64 bits debugger needs to click manually in the update button to update data of arrays after make program run till cursor.
I´m right?

Thanks!
fxm

Post by fxm »

Luis Babboni wrote:At least seems that cause function mod() do not works if the argument is a longint number. I´m right?
IMHO, 'Mod()' also works well with the 32-bit version for LongInt datatypes.

I think this phrase in the documentation is misleading:
Operator Mod (Modulus) divides two Integer expressions and returns the remainder. Numeric values are converted to Integer by rounding up or down.
For me, conversion to the Integer datatype applies only for the Byte, Short, Single and Double datatypes.
fxm

Post by fxm »

Maybe, without going into the details, already change as well:
Operator Mod (Modulus) divides two Integer expressions and returns the remainder. Float numeric values are converted to Integer by rounding up or down.

Done:
KeyPgOpModulus → fxm [Rewording of one misleading sentence]