How old are you ?

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
Richard

Re: How old are you ?

Post by Richard »

N3trunn3r wrote:But I do think I am the weirdest guy in here:
IMHO that is just wishful thinking as FB attracts and nurtures the best rebels available. There would be some doubt in your statement if you had seen the big show here at the forum. You are clearly in the right place, välkomnande till FB.
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

death to the intranet!

gonzo, 26, rebel
N3trunn3r

Post by N3trunn3r »

Richard wrote:
IMHO that is just wishful thinking ...
That is probably WHY we are writing code in this cybernetic world that only exists in the depths of our wicked minds! *making 56k modem sounds with mouth*
Theunis Jansen

Post by Theunis Jansen »

Hey guys. I still lurk here but you guys are getting too educated and advanced, but I still cannot get rid of my thirst for knowledge.

I am now 78. Am I still the oldest on this forum? I can still control my heartbeat and blood pressure the BP is still the same as when I was 20
I helped Don last year with some converting Qb4,5 to FB (fblite) programming but for myself I don't do it anymore. Sis I mean programming not what you guys and dolls are thinking and laughing at.
I saw a post asking if QB programmers and old timers were still here which reminded me of this thread.
Ah Dodicat, Marcov, KyotiWolf, Lachie and others, man we had some good discussions.
How about I "GOTO" one of them or mention "Fundi" (Not Fundie - and upset Marcov so I had to explain Fundi (without the e) is a ZULU word and means a man of knowledge, a wise man, a teacher. (incidentally that was the only Fundi I knew at that time not the fundie for fundamentalists.)
anonymous1337

Post by anonymous1337 »

Richard wrote:
IMHO that is just wishful thinking as FB attracts and nurtures the best rebels available. There would be some doubt in your statement if you had seen the big show here at the forum. You are clearly in the right place, välkomnande till FB.
Maybe the weirdest person in here now.
Unless I still hold that title.

Let's not go there :)
Theunis Jansen wrote:Hey guys. I still lurk here but you guys are getting too educated and advanced, but I still cannot get rid of my thirst for knowledge.

I am now 78. Am I still the oldest on this forum? I can still control my heartbeat and blood pressure the BP is still the same as when I was 20
I helped Don last year with some converting Qb4,5 to FB (fblite) programming but for myself I don't do it anymore. Sis I mean programming not what you guys and dolls are thinking and laughing at.
I saw a post asking if QB programmers and old timers were still here which reminded me of this thread.
Ah Dodicat, Marcov, KyotiWolf, Lachie and others, man we had some good discussions.
How about I "GOTO" one of them or mention "Fundi" (Not Fundie - and upset Marcov so I had to explain Fundi (without the e) is a ZULU word and means a man of knowledge, a wise man, a teacher. (incidentally that was the only Fundi I knew at that time not the fundie for fundamentalists.)
7 8? I guess I could... count on you then.

No one here's getting educated or advanced. I'm in business now. It means I'm good at making money and solving business problems. Okay, some people here are actually learning.

Zamaster will one day greatly expand the world's know,edge of triangles. I just know it.

Lachie will become the next great social philosopher.

cha0s will become a politician.

dodicate will submit his first mathematical paper which is published and subsequently ignored, at least until someone finds it inspiring thirty years from now.

I think richard will decide to become a book author.

I'm losing inspiration to think of other things for people to do. I'd love to say I'll finally have enough money to retire, but life becomes more expensive every year. No idea how or why. I don't think it has anything to do with inflation. I hope to one day learn to cook.
Theunis Jansen

Post by Theunis Jansen »

So just give them a good leaving alone and they will do their thing. But changing the role to a guide bears more fruits.
Try some meditation or relaxation exercises. They loosen the mind from chains that have developed around one and then inspiration and new ideas just pop in all on their own.

I used books and taught myself QB4.5 but without a guide I lost out on many other things about programming, yet I helped quite a few to solve find bugs etc in their programs. Although to be truthful programming is not my main hobby.
I am lazy so I found shortcuts and things that speeded up my programs but I never gave up on a problem because that is not what nerds do.
I remember you as a nerd. Don't let the EQ overwhelm the IQ. Yeah yeah it is my degree speaking.