Account Deletion

For other topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
JaySoyer

Account Deletion

Postby JaySoyer » Dec 26, 2012 21:11

I'ld like to delete my forum account. How can I do so? I could not find any link nor a means to contact any site admins.
counting_pine
Site Admin

Re: Account Deletion

Postby counting_pine » Dec 26, 2012 21:38

Hi JaySoyer, I can do that.
Would you like your threads deleted as well?
I would also be interested to know why you want to delete your account, but you don't have to say.

While we're here, I'll mention that probably the best way in general would be to e-mail a moderator. I have made my address publicly available, and you can find it through the "e-mail" button on my posts.
roook_ph

Postby roook_ph » Dec 27, 2012 22:22

I do not think it is proper to delete account to any forum. You are only posting on a nick you are not in any way be traceable on that. The lack of response to a simple question just shows that. By the way merry Christmas and happy new year to all.
APIStudios

Postby APIStudios » Jan 01, 2013 10:22

counting_pine wrote:While we're here, I'll mention that probably the best way in general would be to e-mail a moderator. I have made my address publicly available, and you can find it through the "e-mail" button on my posts.

There's no such button.
You probably see it because you're an administrator. But there is no email or contact button in any post. And the "Contact" area in your profile is empty.

This has been pointed out a few times before as I recall.
counting_pine
Site Admin

Postby counting_pine » Jan 01, 2013 11:15

Hmm, this issue appears to have come in with the phpbb upgrade. It looks like only admins can see e-mail addresses now, regardless of individual preference.
OK, as an alternative, it should be possible to contact developers in private via their sourceforge pages, which are linked to from the main page at http://sf.net/projects/fbc. For example, mine can be found at http://sf.net/users/counting_pine.
St_W

Postby St_W » Jan 04, 2013 15:31

counting_pine wrote:[...] it should be possible to contact developers in private via their sourceforge pages [...]
I doubt that many people would find that option. Furthermore SourceForge requires registration for sending messages.
counting_pine
Site Admin

Postby counting_pine » Jan 18, 2013 13:47

Ok, I've looked into it; it should now be possible to e-mail people through the forum, as long as they've allowed people to do so in their account preferences. Can someone confirm to me whether that is working or not?
fxm

Postby fxm » Jan 18, 2013 14:13

counting_pine wrote:Ok, I've looked into it; it should now be possible to e-mail people through the forum, as long as they've allowed people to do so in their account preferences. Can someone confirm to me whether that is working or not?
Yes, that seems to work (for the button).

Around that, an other question.

Menu User Control Panel / Board preferences / Edit global settings:
- setting:
Allow users to send you private messages:
Note that administrators and moderators will always be able to send you messages.

What is this above setting and is it presently available?
counting_pine
Site Admin

Postby counting_pine » Jan 18, 2013 17:07

I believe it means what it sounds like: that you want other users to be able to PM you. However it's subject to Private Messages being enabled on the forum: they aren't for the time being, so it won't have any effect.

Return to “Community Discussion”