The request to translate

For other topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
VANYA

The request to translate

Postby VANYA » Sep 12, 2012 8:02

Hello!

Who know German and English, please translate the phrase into English:

Die dritte und somit letzte Spalte enthält zur jeweiligen Konstante die Formel. Die Buchstaben R,G,B,A entsprechen den Rot-, Grün-, Blau- und Alpha-Werten. Das Kürzel d steht für "Destination", also der Zielpixel und s steht für "Source", also den Pixel der darauf gezeichnet werden soll. Der mathematische Hintergrund kann dahingehend nützlich sein, da man dadurch genau weiß, was rauskommen muss. ür Praktiker gibt es natürlich immer noch die Option, einfach mal die ganzen Modi Kombinationen auszuprobieren!

Related link:

http://other.paul-grunewald.de/ogl/

Online (Google) translator produces strange...
St_W

Re: The request to translate

Postby St_W » Sep 12, 2012 8:26

The paragraph doesn't contain much (non-obvious) info, but anyway, here's a translation:
(TN: Describing the table above) The third (and last) column contains the formulas belonging to the constants (in the first column). The letters R, G, B, A stand for red, green, blue and alpha values, respectively. "d" stands for destination (target pixel) and "s" stands for source (pixel which should be drawn on the target). Using the formulas you can manually calculate (and check) the results - and therefore know what result you have to expect. More practical people will simply try out different mode combinations (TN: referring to the constants).

Disclaimer: I know barely anything about OpenGL - so there may be errors in content/translation ;-)
btw: The Google-translation isn't good and grammatically correct, but understandable imo
VANYA

Re: The request to translate

Postby VANYA » Sep 12, 2012 9:11

St_W wrote:The paragraph doesn't contain much (non-obvious) info, but anyway, here's a translation:
(TN: Describing the table above) The third (and last) column contains the formulas belonging to the constants (in the first column). The letters R, G, B, A stand for red, green, blue and alpha values, respectively. "d" stands for destination (target pixel) and "s" stands for source (pixel which should be drawn on the target). Using the formulas you can manually calculate (and check) the results - and therefore know what result you have to expect. More practical people will simply try out different mode combinations (TN: referring to the constants).

Disclaimer: I know barely anything about OpenGL - so there may be errors in content/translation ;-)
btw: The Google-translation isn't good and grammatically correct, but understandable imo

Thank you, now more clear. English I ever taught in school (~25 years ago ...), but I do not know German at all.

Return to “Community Discussion”