I have still to update the help file but now a new version of fbdebugger with some interesting features.http://jafile.com/uploads/sarg/fbdebugg ... eta_16.bas
Thank you to Mod, St_W, Enform, AGS
- wrapping/no wrapping for the "Show String" Window (proc/var context menu)
- choice of font including size, saved in the ini file (settings)
- highlighted keywords (settings)
- choice of the color for background and lines (current/breakpoint), saved in the ini file (settings)
- strings (except wstring) can now be used with break on var, 25 char max
- new option "focus line" (shortkey L) in the source window opens a window to follow the executed line or an other part of any source module. This window hasn't the horizontal scrolling style.(proc/var context menu)
- double set watch var with/without trace (proc/var context menu)
- exchange between Byte And ZString type to fix the fact that with gcc the zstring are stored as byte array (proc/var context menu)
- locate the line (calling line) where a proc has been called (proc/var context menu)
For an easy use, collapse the treeview to see only the procs and display a sort of call stack
- option "show executable lines" has been replace by "mark no executable lines", the lines are displayed in green (proc/var context menu)
- issue when comments are used in asm lines
- no access in the libs used in a dll
- better support of -gen gcc option : the management of variables except some should be correct.
In fact Fbdebugger translates the gcc data stabs in the old form (-gen gas) before use.
Sometimes there are issues with line numbers I'm not sure that it could be easily fixed.
@St_W the issue with shared var used in dll/lib is more complicated that I thought so no fix for now :-(
- if the version of gcc is > 3, add this parameter -Wc -gstabs+ in the FBC command-line in addition of -g otherwise the stab datas are not added
- With FBC 0.24 FBdebugger crashs (Window message) when the debuggee is terminated, that didn't happen with 0.23 ???.
Using the -exx fbdebugger also stops but without an information about the problem and no Window message.
I have to look further into the issue but any help is welcome.